gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hutch Mike D bars
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hutch Mike D bars  (Read 1505 times)

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Hutch Mike D bars
« on: August 01, 2009, 03:20 PM »
Did Hutch make 2 different types of Mike D bars?  I picked up another set the other day and they are different to the ones i already got .... both have the smaller diameter bottom bar   ???

Oh .. and i got another pair that are different again ... and have some dodgy welds on the bottom bar ...?!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:26 PM by wildon »

mark 2

Re: Hutch Mike D bars
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 03:41 PM »
I'm just having a punt here Terry, but some ads would suggest the upper ones look like what were known as Hi-Flyer bars (mk2 ladders?).  Bottom ones look like the Buff bars or mk1 Hi-Flyers but the later version with the thicker cross bar.  But to me it'd make sense to be the other way around. They could have been the Mike D's? I'm just going on the height and distance in cross bars and what's in ads etc. Those pink ones, I'd be wary of their authenticity with those welds.... :(

Had loads of pm's over the years about these different bars, never easy to work out, you think you've sussed it and then some info or pic comes along to contradict it.....

Any of that make sense/ :LolLolLolLol:

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 03:51 PM »
haha .. sort of Mark  :D
I thought the Buff bars were the same as the freestyle bars though with the same diameter cross bars like these ...

i agree with you on those pink ones .. dont look good at all .. i got them on a trickstar the other day ... the first Jap made one i've had .. and i can see why the US ones are better now .. the welds on it are crap

mark 2

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Yep, they'd be the Buff bars or mk1 Hi-Flyer's (what most people call ladder bars), depends who you ask, quite sure they're just one and the same thing.  Mk 1's just a Pro Race bar with the extra tube added, that's all they are. I presume it'd be easy enough to adapt some to ladder bars if you knew a man that knew a man...

stegam

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:10 PM »
the bottom chrome bars look like the mike d's to me tez.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hutch Mike D bars

gfxgfx
gfx gfx