gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 17, 2024, 10:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Peregrine Price Check
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Peregrine Price Check  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Peregrine Price Check
« on: August 03, 2009, 12:52 PM »
I was with Andy from the Faze 7 trick team at the weekend looking through his left over bits from BITD.

We came across his lilac Peregrine Mag wheels - they are the graphite version. They are in minty condition.

I've not seen graphite peregrines for sale recently.

Does anyone have an idea of what they would go for ?

I don't think they'd be up for sale but we were wondering what they would be worth.........

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Peregrine Price Check
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:16 PM »
Graphite tends to be black in almost all cases so would be interested in seeing pics of lilac ones  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:54 PM »
I had a white set of Peregrine's Nos & mint & they only sold for around £120.

I think they are Graphite's Marty, a bit like the white MKS Grafite's, I don't know how much, but they must contain some & the good thing is my white ones were bright White, no fading or going yellow at all  8)

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 02:10 PM »
the lilac and radberry ones dont seem to go for that much on US ebay, now if they were white or black I'd have them is they were for sale! By the way all the ones I;ve had have said Graphite on the rims.

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 05:36 PM »
Graphite tends to be black in almost all cases so would be interested in seeing pics of lilac ones  :daumenhoch:

They definately had a graphite sticker on the spokes - but now there's been a mention of the radberry colour, I'm not sure what they'd be.

I know Andy made a replica of Mike D's team bike around '86 - light blue Haro Sport with chrome rear end and the same peregrine wheels. What colour did Mike run ?

I'll have to get  a photo of them - but it may take a while - I'm not sure when I'm seeing him again.....

Thanks to everyone else for the feedback on the price  :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Never seen Mike D on a blue sport in 86..thought he only rode a white 84 Sport and a Gen 1 with Skyways before leaving for Hutch and DB :-\

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 10:20 PM »
Never seen Mike D on a blue sport in 86..thought he only rode a white 84 Sport and a Gen 1 with Skyways before leaving for Hutch and DB :-\

Hmmm - I'll have to check with Andy - maybe I got the wrong end of the stick - could it have been Ron Wilkerson who had a bike in that colour combo ?

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 10:56 PM »
had some nos coaster radberry peregrine sold for about £80?? i think about a year ago though......shinners did have quite alot at one point.

hard to price really   :-\ id say £80-150?? depending on condition colour etc  ???

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 11:13 PM »

Hmmm - I'll have to check with Andy - maybe I got the wrong end of the stick - could it have been Ron Wilkerson who had a bike in that colour combo ?

Yes that sounds more like it, I know Row 2hip rode a Sport

I think the Peregrine's are great looking wheels, I think RL Osborne rode them too   ???

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 12:14 AM »
They were w a n k, there`s only one make of wheels in that style and they are called Skyways  :daumenhoch:

And graphite wheels only come in that colour, graphite/black, you cannot dye graphite to any other colour, thats why roofing slates are black !!
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 12:26 AM »
heres mine. they are actually stamped graphite composite. I got these off del for £80, they were originally white. sorry del, blame n2cus he did it.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 12:49 AM »
I do believe Skyway took Perigrine to court with regards to them making false claims about there wheels being graphite, there is an interview on the net somewhere, mabey Marco`s site in Germany, with Ken Coster of Skyway where he details this  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 07:43 AM »
heres mine. they are actually stamped graphite composite. I got these off del for £80, they were originally white. sorry del, blame n2cus he did it.

I wish i never sold those Marc... oh well now that Neil's had his paint skills on them you're welcome to them  :laugh: (just kidding Neil!!! love ya really)

Whilst we're on the subject... if anyone has a loose rear green Peregrine Master then let me know!!!

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 08:01 AM »
They were w a n k, there`s only one make of wheels in that style and they are called Skyways  :daumenhoch:

And graphite wheels only come in that colour, graphite/black, you cannot dye graphite to any other colour, thats why roofing slates are black !!

Are you still on the Pay-roll Bill  ???  ;)

sweetbeats

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 09:35 AM »

:daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 03:32 PM »

Are you still on the Pay-roll Bill  ???  ;)

Obviously still a team player  ;D

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Peregrine Price Check

gfxgfx
gfx gfx