gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New School Bike purchase advice
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New School Bike purchase advice  (Read 472 times)

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
New School Bike purchase advice
« on: August 03, 2009, 05:42 PM »
Hey Guys,

I'm asking this on behalf of a friend as I have no idea about New school bikes.... still an 80's Old School Boy me :daumenhoch:

He wants to buy his 14 year old son a second hand bike and has a budget of £150 to £200. I can't imagine he will get much for that but like I said I know nothing about New School.

Any advice about which brands to go for and which to steer clear of would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone has something for sale which will suit the kid and his budget, then let me
know so I can give you his dad's details for a possible sale.

Thanks fellas  :daumenhoch:

John

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: New School Bike purchase advice
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Have a word with Stodgy at the RADBMX shop :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Secondhand will deffo be the way to go-keep your eyes on gaybay & also on here.Tell your mate to never be tempted by the evil monsters from Halfrauds and supermarket bikes :daumenhoch:

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Cheers fellas..... any advice on which brands to go for?   :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 10:46 PM »
 :)Now you`re asking! GT/Mongoose/DB/Haro are still around but not as good as they once were,though some of them are OK.Brands like WeThePeople,Fit,Hoffman,DK are all reasonable.Just ask on here again if your not sure/want anymore help :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 11:06 PM »
I have a bike for sale :) 2Hip Bizzle. 2008 model. Let me know if you interested :daumenhoch: £165 o.n.o

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 11:46 PM »
I have a bike for sale :) 2Hip Bizzle. 2008 model. Let me know if you interested :daumenhoch: £165 o.n.o
:2funny: What the fcuk is one of those fella.... I don't know shit about new school  :2funny:
Put up some pics and I'll show em the guy with the cash and let ya know if he's interested fella  :daumenhoch:

Just out of interest... as I was a big Redline fan back in 81.... what are Redlines like these days?

Ta

John

magna13

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 11:51 PM »
:2funny: What the fcuk is one of those fella.... I don't know shit about new school  :2funny:
Put up some pics and I'll show em the guy with the cash and let ya know if he's interested fella  :daumenhoch:

Just out of interest... as I was a big Redline fan back in 81.... what are Redlines like these days?

Ta

John

Redlines are fan-bloody-tastic race bike nowadays :smitten: not too sure on freestyle  :-\, heres the pics of my bike

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 11:53 PM »

Ta

John

Redlines are fan-bloody-tastic race bike nowadays :smitten: not too sure on freestyle  :-\, heres the pics of my bike

Cheers fella... without sounding rude (cos I don't know shit lol) is this a decent bike for a 14 year old?

I'll send the pics to my friend anyways  :daumenhoch:

Ta dude

John

magna13

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 12:00 AM »
Well for a 14 year old boy its perfect. 2Hip sadly do not make bikes anymore so this could be a future collectors item? it has a very good spec and i loved riding the skateparks on it, plus you'll stand out from the crowd with the colour and that no one will have this bike :smitten:

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 12:06 AM »
Well for a 14 year old boy its perfect. 2Hip sadly do not make bikes anymore so this could be a future collectors item? it has a very good spec and i loved riding the skateparks on it, plus you'll stand out from the crowd with the colour and that no one will have this bike :smitten:

Ta dude.. will send him the pics and get back to ya over the next few days  :daumenhoch:

John

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New School Bike purchase advice

gfxgfx
gfx gfx