gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 10:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  How could i find out who owned this Number plate ??????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How could i find out who owned this Number plate ??????  (Read 1195 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Needle in a haystack time i reckon........

I received this plate today and i'd love to know who's it was back in the day. It seems everything on it is original from back then.

It was a South coast rider due to the SC, it also has a Locks Heath sticker on it as well as Lordshill Leopards BMX club stickers on the reverse of the plate. This rider obviously lived in Southampton.

I also rode South Central, lived in Southampton and still do and rode Lordshill countless times, sadly i don't have any race programmes from back in the day and i don't recognise the number but then i wouldn't as i was always behind people.  :LolLolLolLol:

I would love to return this to the original owner but feel it won't happen, it's either this or remove the numbers and stick my own race plate number on from BITD.

what would you do, leave as it is or replace the numbers or do you recognise this plate ?????????

One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: How could i find out who owned this Number plate ??????
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Are there any clues as to what year it might have been from ?  You might get really lucky and find a picture of the plate on a bike from an old action bike magazine.

part time

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 10:05 AM »
God, i'd forgotten just how crap those plates looked....being ex south central myself and all that.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 11:17 AM »
 :) Stick a post over on Talk,maybe in the OS section? Plenty of old names crawling out of the wilderness lately...

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 02:24 PM »
:) Stick a post over on Talk,maybe in the OS section? Plenty of old names crawling out of the wilderness lately...

Already done James  :daumenhoch:

Ant Howells reckons it may be Darrell Wheeler's plate.  Who ever he is.  :LolLolLolLol:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 06:12 PM »
I'll try to find an old regional meeting program ive got somewhere.it was from the end of 86,it might give us a few clues.

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 06:17 PM »
14-15c would that be an indication of the class they rode in and perhaps cruiser

only guessing as I rode in scotland.  :idiot2:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 08:54 AM »
Melanie Vuavelle     :smitten:     :LolLolLolLol: 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  How could i find out who owned this Number plate ??????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx