gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Anyhelp with indentifying this so i know how to restore it ect to what spec ect!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyhelp with indentifying this so i know how to restore it ect to what spec ect!  (Read 1985 times)

retrohippy

Hey guys!
Bought this the other day, just on the basis that i love the look of it!
Regardless of make, worth, age ect ect ect but figured as i now have it i may as well find out a bit more about it so i cant build it proper if need be!!

The fram, chrome looptail with 3 hole gusset, and 2nd guset at bottom near chain ring!!

The wheels are 5 spoke burner mags from what i can make out!

Levers are black MX levers

Calipers are wienmann

On top tub it has a bolt on jump bar?? If thats what they are called??

Forks are black with 3 holes by dropouts???

Frame number is  C40301312
Not sure if bars are made for the bike, the bars seem alot newer???? Somebody said the bike could possibly be a db??????

aNY HELP, HIGHYL APPRECIATED!

Thanks

adeshere

The looptail part is a bolt on addition, its the cheap version of the skyway model.

retrohippy

Yeah mate, i had figured it was a bolt on due to the bolts!! ;)

Altho the bike is still a looptail!!!!!!!!

mattnice

its just a  basic poor quality bmx type thing from the 80's.so build it anyway you want as it would have come with cheap copy parts.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
its like a mudcruncher, or iron horse, but probably neither.

build it as you like it. best way.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Is it  n2cus's  1st attempt at drilling a hot heart  ???
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
I'd have made a joke like that, if i was much tighter.
I want to touch ORB

bof

Is it  n2cus's  1st attempt at drilling a hot heart  ???

I love owt like this me  :D

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Toit like a Tiger  ;D
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
WOW thats a proper POS  :shocked: Good find !!!
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
i'd cut it up and start a scaffolding firm :daumenhoch:

retrohippy

Thanks for al your valued opinions ladies!! :)
Nice to know that the whole retro scene is asarrogant as ever and that everybody is soooo focused on having the best of the best as apposed to actually having the sort of thing that was available when a kid!!
Regardless..... nice one!!!

I will treasure this bike, ride it, use it and enjoy it!
Instead of being some pompus C-U-N-T and just leaving at home in the dry away from the dirt or even tarmac just to show off over the internet!!!

THUMBS UP TO YOU LOT!!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Another satisfied customer.
I want to touch ORB

mattnice

Nice to know that the whole retro scene is asarrogant as ever and that everybody is soooo focused on having the best of the best as apposed to actually having the sort of thing that was available when a kid!!

Instead of being some pompus C-U-N-T and just leaving at home in the dry away from the dirt or even tarmac just to show off over the internet!!!

ha ha
You asked for peoples opinions and you got them

piranha

Haaa!
There is always purists in the group otherwise there would be no brown nosing from the younger ones to the older ones.
Its a great find and trust me who gives a monkeys what people think? you build it, you ride it!
The fun thing about BMX is someone had to start some where even by todays standards a 11 year old is not going to have a £600 BMX?
My point is don't expect anything from people who spend hundreds and never ride them and get worried becuase it was raining and there bike got wet :P
Not all people are the same and most people ride theres with pride  :daumenhoch:
It makes them feel safe that there bikes are worth alot of money especially more than yours is ;) ;D

retrohippy

sweetbeats

The looptail part is a bolt on addition, its the cheap version of the skyway model.

I had one on my first bike rusted in a week and weighted in at around 25 pounds but I thought I was almost on the skyway freestyle team at the time.
Liking the 3 whole gusset unusual...reminds me of a hot hungry lady  :LolLolLolLol:
Good luck with the Build fella I don't do BMX snobbery(anymore  :LolLolLolLol:)..it's all about having fun and falling off in a heap :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 05:05 PM by sweetbeats™ »

retrohippy

HERE HERE!!!!!

Like everybody, i would love a nice top spec tredda but not applicable for everybody ay!!!
Opinions are very welcome but no need for the arrogance nor the pretentious attitude!! Its BMX'ing, what is just a kids sport at the end of the day.... its not as if we are dealing in expensive continental art!!

Oh well.... every forum has them!!!

sweetbeats

its not as if we are dealing in expensive continental art!!
:LolLolLolLol:
Keep on Rockin Fella Enjoy the Bikes and Don't give a Badgers Arse what people think  ;)

retrohippy

:daumenhoch:

You few guys have totally re-deemed this forum!!! Nice one!!

All the best guys!!!

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Also take a pinch of humour to mate, this site runs on unleaded v-power piss taking and no one is safe trust me  :daumenhoch:. Wouldnt have it any other way

retrohippy

Noted!! And thanks!! Enjoy the last of the weekend chaps!!

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
well it's very nicely welded, and judging by the dropouts it's an akisu made frameset and as a rule of thumb, they only tig welded the full chro-mo framesets they did. So it's not a rare frame that nobody had 25 years ago, but it's a well made generic chro-mo frameset, build it like you want and enjoy it. :daumenhoch:
ding dong

crightonk

No idea what it is bud but I like the frame, never seen gusset plates like those before, look forward to seeing it tidied up :daumenhoch:

oldschoolfool

ah,a sigh of relief....i can now show off my piles of shite without ridicule :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Anyhelp with indentifying this so i know how to restore it ect to what spec ect!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx