gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Just went riding ...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just went riding ...  (Read 885 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Just went riding ...
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:35 PM »
Ive posted this in the BMX chat section, so sorry for putting it here too - wasnt sure where to put it!
I went riding tonight, finally managed to get out and ride after seeming to never have the time, with the new business, new baby etc etc....
but tonight I went riding with a bunch of local younguns - ages ranging about 14 to 20 years old.
And you know what? It was brilliant.
they must be a rare bunch - no one cares what you ride, how hi your seatpost is, or what you can do . they arent even obsessed with tailwhips!
I was the only bloke with two brakes, and chrome frame - but they were quite into it!
We went riding a little street in my old hometown where my family and I have just moved back to - it was so cool going to the old spots I used to ride, showing the younger lot some things we used to do, and they in turn showed me the places they have discovered At one point we were all sessioning a small grass bank next to a car park. Sounds dull but was wicked! They loved the nibbly little front brake things I was [trying] to do like the old days, and they were getting me to help them with their manual rolls on this bank, and in turn they were showing me how to do big stuff like fence rides etc. Hell at one point I hopped a wall that Ive been scared of for years, and 180d a [small] set of steps - brilliant.
I loved it tonight, and I just wanted to post this as its nice to know that as we oldies get older, there are stil some young riders out there who actually appreciate a bit of older knowledge and history, while at the same time showing us the stuff they are into too!
BMX bloody rules.
Im off for a bath. And some ibuprofen.
steve
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:41 PM by generallee »

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Just went riding ...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:52 PM »
sounds like a great night steve :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:56 PM »
Nice one Steve :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

oldschool rider

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:46 AM »
 :daumenhoch: Good On Ya Mate !!    :daumenhoch:

I am lucky enough to have kids like that were I live.

Steve.

Bushwacked

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 06:50 PM »
Wicked - good to see you're feeling the love!  Nothing better than a good session on the bike and who says BMX is only for the kids - Pah!

Last week after 8 months of trying I got 8 double peg stalls back to back on a 7ft midi and have been buzzing off that for days - in fact I still am!!! can't wait to ride again!

:D :D :D :D :D

sanderson

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 07:08 PM »
The wife thinks im a big kid,hanging around with the kids in our area.
my sons 11 so we all ride together.ages from around 10 to late 20s
we just have a laugh riding our bikes.
we have a great set of trails and all seem to help out.

we went to warrington skate park today.it rained but diddnt seem to stop us from riding,
i think i will be riding forever :LolLolLolLol:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 10:30 AM »
Cool. the lads at my local skatepark are ok too, especially since i let them use my fbm bottle opener stem to open their WKD's....
I want to touch ORB

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 11:08 AM »
i went to my local park at the weekend with my lad and his mate (they were on skate boards) and after the innitial "i like your bike mate" "how much did that cost?" "what bike is that?" oh and the usual "can you backflip, tailwhip or 360?" all of which got the response of no....they were okay-ish.  i'm not sure they really like the fact i told them that they were not good enough to ride with no brakes, when asked why they didn't have any brakes (one had all the bits bit no cable) he replied with "the cable broke and i can't afford a new one"  :shocked:  they're only a few quid in tesco was my reply! 

also the kind of bikes they were all using looked like they had all been saved from a skip somewhere, when really they should've left them there!  they were shocking!!  :(

oh and when one of them said to my lad get off this fooking park or else, i had great pleasure in pointing out i was his father and that there would be no fooking off other than them!!   :2gunsfiring_v1:

so all in all they were little scrotes!!   :tickedoff:

Bushwacked

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 11:29 AM »
Sounds like you live in a lovely part of the world Pickle???

:LolLolLolLol:

Good to hear you are getting out and about at the mo - haven't seen you down Corby for a while though.  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 11:41 AM »
yeah it's lovely  ;D

just too bloody far to drive mate........enjoying just riding round where i live at the mo  :daumenhoch:

JohnB

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 09:10 PM »
nice story steve...you cant plan those nights  8)

John

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Just went riding ...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx