gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975769 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 07:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MY EVENING - kids these days eh? ....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MY EVENING - kids these days eh? ....  (Read 753 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
MY EVENING - kids these days eh? ....
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I went riding tonight, finally managed to get out and ride after seeming to never have the time, with the new business, new baby etc etc....
but tonight I went riding with a bunch of local younguns - ages ranging about 14 to 20 years old.
And you know what? It was brilliant.
they must be a rare bunch - no one cares what you ride, how hi your seatpost is, or what you can do . they arent even obsessed with tailwhips!
I was the only bloke with two brakes, and chrome frame - but they were quite into it!
We went riding a little street in my old hometown where my family and I have just moved back to - it was so cool going to the old spots I used to ride, showing the younger lot some things we used to do, and they in turn showed me the places they have discovered At one point we were all sessioning a small grass bank next to a car park. Sounds dull but was wicked! They loved the nibbly little front brake things I was [trying] to do like the old days, and they were getting me to help them with their manual rolls on this bank, and in turn they were showing me how to do big stuff like fence rides etc. Hell at one point I hopped a wall that Ive been scared of for years, and 180d a [small] set of steps - brilliant.
I loved it tonight, and I just wanted to post this as its nice to know that as we oldies get older, there are stil some young riders out there who actually appreciate a bit of older knowledge and history, while at the same time showing us the stuff they are into too!
BMX bloody rules.
Im off for a bath. And some ibuprofen.
steve
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:40 PM by generallee »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: MY EVENING - kids these days eh? ....
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:36 PM »

cool steve, you old fart

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:41 PM »
I am indeed starting to feel like an old fart.. rather gassy with  lingering smell.
x

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 10:46 PM »
awsome Steve!  thats what its all about mate  :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 11:05 PM »
Riding rules! i also have learnt new things today in riding and it feels quality!! :smitten: :smitten:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 12:15 AM »
 :) Sounds like a good time was had.Youngsters get grief from all over these days,good to see not all our youth are no-hopers.BMX-always a good influence :daumenhoch:

moanjam

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 12:19 AM »
nice one steve did you show them your puppies  >:D

:D  ;D

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 01:20 AM »

:LolLolLolLol:

Bobafett (John) and I were like that after our first trip to Coppull  :-[
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 10:57 AM »
the majority kids that go to h/pool track are spot on, the odd scroat but overall a great set of kids and unbelievably entertaining, no fear n no idea :LolLolLolLol: its also quite humbling as these kids live on a particularly rough estate nearby and never stop askin "how much was that?" "where did you get that?" etc there is never any negativity from them and some of the poor likkle tw@ts are riding death traps but enjoying every minute of it, bmx is fantastic at bringin people together.

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:02 AM »
the majority kids that go to h/pool track are spot on, the odd scroat but overall a great set of kids and unbelievably entertaining, no fear n no idea :LolLolLolLol: its also quite humbling as these kids live on a particularly rough estate nearby and never stop askin "how much was that?" "where did you get that?" etc there is never any negativity from them and some of the poor likkle tw@ts are riding death traps but enjoying every minute of it, bmx is fantastic at bringin people together.

Yeah West Park has properly gone down hill since i used to go shedding there Daz  :LolLolLolLol:,

donkeybambam

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 11:30 AM »
nice one mate....will be in pain for a few days,

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 12:15 PM »

Yeah West Park has properly gone down hill since i used to go shedding there Daz  :LolLolLolLol:,

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 01:09 PM »
great stuff steve..good to see you getting out...the young guns in general are great to ride with
they always look at my brakes, pegs and seat and say oooo whats that like to ride lol
i give them a clue now

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 07:46 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:    seat post       :LolLolLolLol:    like that   

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 07:50 PM »
Good on ya Steve...  :daumenhoch:

The majority of young un's are great to get on with when you take time out to talk to em, the other week at Corby they all let me que jump loads of times to use the foam pit, go on you can go first... av it!

Seeing a 41 year old trying flips and stuff must have been a novelty for em!

Riding rocks...  :coolsmiley:

I wanna go out and ride now after reading this...  :)

scott250

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 11:01 AM »
I went riding tonight, finally managed to get out and ride after seeming to never have the time, with the new business, new baby etc etc....
but tonight I went riding with a bunch of local younguns - ages ranging about 14 to 20 years old.
And you know what? It was brilliant.
they must be a rare bunch - no one cares what you ride, how hi your seatpost is, or what you can do . they arent even obsessed with tailwhips!
I was the only bloke with two brakes, and chrome frame - but they were quite into it!
We went riding a little street in my old hometown where my family and I have just moved back to - it was so cool going to the old spots I used to ride, showing the younger lot some things we used to do, and they in turn showed me the places they have discovered At one point we were all sessioning a small grass bank next to a car park. Sounds dull but was wicked! They loved the nibbly little front brake things I was [trying] to do like the old days, and they were getting me to help them with their manual rolls on this bank, and in turn they were showing me how to do big stuff like fence rides etc. Hell at one point I hopped a wall that Ive been scared of for years, and 180d a [small] set of steps - brilliant.
I loved it tonight, and I just wanted to post this as its nice to know that as we oldies get older, there are stil some young riders out there who actually appreciate a bit of older knowledge and history, while at the same time showing us the stuff they are into too!
BMX bloody rules.
steve

The youths down the parks and trails I ride are mostly cool too, no attitude - they know I'm from the oldschool and thats that.  I learn stuff from them & they learn stuff from me.  Its funny hearing them talk about daft stuff I remeber talking with my mates as a teenager too, haha, mad parties, fights and girls.  BMX keeps me young(ish) haha - I ride more for fitness + of course fun than anything else really now.

I've noticed that alot of the younger riders are mixing oldschool tricks with newschool tricks and coming up with a kind of hybrid riding style, its all good.  I seen a clip  of some kid mixing vander roll type stuff on a mini with other stuff¬

give it a chance to get going  ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 11:20 AM »
I went ridng with my boys to a little local BMX track yesterday. There were a few kids riding, early teens maybe. I was riding with them, talking about bike parts and tricks. My 2 boys (4 and 5) were cycling round the track, pretty much by themselves. After a while my eldest came up and asked me for a drink. One of the kids Id been riding with asked me if I knew "those boys". I think he was suprised when I said they were my sons!

The kids riding were all cool, some of them were really quite good as well. I did have to bite my lip when one of the stopped his bike by putting his foot in the rear wheel ... even tho he had TWO brakes!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MY EVENING - kids these days eh? ....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx