gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 03:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ok guys, this may be weird one, but ive got the "i wants" ....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ok guys, this may be weird one, but ive got the "i wants" ....  (Read 720 times)

slugger

i have a mongoose [new school jobbie] which i love, and sure its not got the cred of a rad old school dp/gt/haro etc but it does everything i want it too..........except for the wheels, they are 303 rims [which are a bit crap i think] so i'd love to stick a set of skyways on.......
so, with this in mind, i have a few questions..........

do tuffs/tuff 2's come with 14mm axles to suit my modern goose? i'm pretty sure in the old days they were 10mm?

if not, can they be modded to have 14mm axles? [i think this would be preferable compared to sleeving-out the 10mm axles with a spacer to suit my 14mm slots]?

will my freewheel fit skyways?

are there any other issues i'm likely to encounter?

have my rose-tinted specs taken me down the wrong-route/choice of wheels?
thanks
slug;)

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: ok guys, this may be weird one, but ive got the "i wants" ....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:26 PM »
 Your freewheel will fit,provided it`s a regualr 16T & Skyway do rears in a 14mm axle,not sure about fronts but you can buy adaptors.

slugger

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 06:33 PM »
thanks bud' .......... any recomended stockists here in the uk...........or should i brave ebay ?  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:02 PM »
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=75054.0

Anything else you need,try Stodgy at the RADBMX Shop :daumenhoch:

spesh

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 09:09 PM »
ive used these on a couple of builds they are a little expensive but are the only ones with the correct thread pitch for skyways
you need a pair of each as the skyways have different pitch threads front and rear

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=hu4jam-axeman

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ok guys, this may be weird one, but ive got the "i wants" ....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx