gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 07:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  ohh the pain!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ohh the pain!!!  (Read 2146 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
ohh the pain!!!
« on: July 05, 2009, 04:22 PM »
fell off today and landed on my shoulder and pulled the muscle in it, cant lift anything and the worse part is i fell off rolling into the mini ramp, how stupid is that :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

5 mins before i pulled a nice clean 540 tap to barspin in, was 180'ing the spine and doing some nice big wall taps :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

stumpy

Re: ohh the pain!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 04:34 PM »
Must be the day for it today Kev, was ridin Rom today, pulling 5ft airs nice and smooth.
Then stacked it whilst doing a little foot slap about 1/2 way up the bowl. Next thing i know i'm at the bottom with a bust elbow needing 4 stiches! lol

I feel ya pain bro!

Stumpy

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 04:56 PM »
lol glad im not the only one, ive only just got over my last painful crash 3 weeks ago, done a wall tap and the transition  i was coming into was quite steep, clipped the back wheel and then hit the floor hard, think i bruised a muscle in my rib cage as it hurt when i bent over and when i sneezed it was agony

oh and i think my knee cap may have a hole in it or atleat a peice has broken off, i can feel it moving around, should go to the docs really but i dont fancy havin to go to hospital for a new knee cap to be fitted :'( :'( :'(

stumpy

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 06:23 PM »
Funny thing was i didnt bounce after i hit the floor..... I wonder at what point in the last 40 years that stopped?  :LolLolLolLol:

Stumpy

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:21 AM »
went to the hospital this morning and basicly ive dislogged the ac joint in my shoulder so no riding for upto 6 weeks :'( :'( :'(

this explains what ive done

http://www.mdguidelines.com/sprains-and-strains-acromioclavicular-joint

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:04 PM »
I've had a similar injury to my left shoulder, bloody painful! Hope it heals up nice soon dude  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 01:12 PM »
the guy who came 3rd at MotoGP last night rode with a seperated shoulder.....and he still managed to push Rossi all the way!  how the fook he rode like that i'll never know!   :shocked:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 08:10 PM »
the guy who came 3rd at MotoGP last night rode with a seperated shoulder.....and he still managed to push Rossi all the way!  how the fook he rode like that i'll never know!   :shocked:

loaded with pain killers....  ;)
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 08:21 PM »
went to the hospital this morning and basicly ive dislogged the ac joint in my shoulder so no riding for upto 6 weeks :'( :'( :'(

this explains what ive done

http://www.mdguidelines.com/sprains-and-strains-acromioclavicular-joint

Done both my shoulders in the last few years :'( :'(  Worst part is trying to get dressed :LolLolLolLol:  your shoulder doesn't work and you end up lifting your arm up with your other one to put a T-shirt on and then it just flops straight back down again.

I've also got a dislocated collarbone, will have that for life now.

I think my AC joint took a couple of weeks to heal enough before i could get dressed. :-[
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

jedi

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 09:07 PM »
healing vibes to all  :)

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 09:43 PM »
damn kev gutted for you, the southsea mini will be quiet without you!

i've done my ribs in, stil killing me a week later, i'll be necking fat painkillers in germany  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 10:08 PM »
cheers rich, i hate going without riding for even a week so upto 6 weeks is gonna drive me nuts

my ac joint isnt too bad i can get dressed and do pretty much everything it just aches and is a pain trying to lay down/get up

in 17 years of riding this is the most serious injury ive had so i cant complain :daumenhoch:

leepowell

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 04:31 PM »
Hey - I know how you feel. Went to some trails I've ridden several times before last week. Took a friend, was his first time there so thought I'd show him how easy they were as he'd not ridden anything like them on his 20". On my 3rd run I cased the tiniest of first doubles, caught the front on the way down, over the handlebars and broke my collarbone.

Took me over an hour to drive home, straight to the hospital, and my gf (who's a radiographer) xrayed it and got a doc to see me in no time. Had to wait 4 days at home on the sofa until they had a space for me and could operate.

Anyway, they plated and pinned it back together and now I've also got to wait 6 weeks until I can do any kind of riding :(

Hope you guys get better soon.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 05:52 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery dude(s)...  :daumenhoch:

Why does binning it doing the simplest thing always end up hurting the most?

Been there... done that...  :(

Sean 2000

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Happy and fast healing guys.

6 weeks, a fukin doddle......try 7 months off ya bike! Thats a bastard.  ;)

Sean.

yoda

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 12:24 PM »
SOMETHING IN THE AIR THAT DAY.... Just read ur post kev and noticed the date and how u got ur injury...I was riding early morning on the 5th when I got all squirrely doing a manual rode around the edge of the bowl thinking nothing of it, got off balance bike wanted to go one way I wanted to go the other ended up following the bike into the bowl when the fkr high sided me over the bars to flat bottom...swellbow first  ??? Heres the result...

leepowell

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Shit. That doesn't look good!  Are they planning on doing anything to it?

I had a check up with the surgeon on Friday, he wasn't happy when I told him I'd taken my arm out of the sling a few times.  He proceeded to tell me, it would be easy for me to rip the screws out of the bone if I did that, and I should keep it in the sling at all times for another 4 weeks.

I decided not to tell him I'd been fixing my gf's puncture, lifting boxes (moving house), and drilling out security anchor bolts...  ::)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 05:23 PM »
looks nasty in the first pic then saw the break in the 2nd :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: wish i took a pic of my x ray :'( :'(

i can now move my arm pretty much as i used to be able to and have no pain which is good but tried to bunny hop my bike the other day and it hurt so looks like im not riding for a few more weeks

hope your elbow isnt too painful must be annoying as u lean on ur elbows alot using computers and stuff

yoda

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 06:19 PM »
I had to wait 12 days for surgery. I didnt think it was broken till two days after I came off as I could bend my elbow and make a fist. I had a cut on my arm which put me at risk of getting an infection during an operation. anyways all sorted now with screws and plate. Feels ok now so should be good in a couple of weeks  :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 06:20 PM »
made x ray dave,youll heel fast   metal bits rock

leepowell

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 12:01 PM »
Have to admit I'm a bit nervous of getting back out and riding once my clavical has healed, esp of hitting the trails...  do you guys just get back on and ride at 100% as soon as you're mended?   Or do you normally spend a few weeks slowly getting back into it?

Sean 2000

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 12:50 PM »
I now have a big fear of breaking any more bones (financial reasons), and cant seem to get past 50%.  :tickedoff:

But i still enjoy riding, which is what counts in my book.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  ohh the pain!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx