gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Flippin' ACS Rotor....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Flippin' ACS Rotor....  (Read 683 times)

g_lamb

Flippin' ACS Rotor....
« on: July 19, 2009, 10:32 PM »
Anyone got any experience of setting up an ACS rotor?

Mine's doing my head in.... :tickedoff:

When I use both hands to slide the rotor up and down the stem shaft the brake caliper and lever work/move. As soon as I try to use the brake with the lever, nada....

It's as if the rotor doesn't want to slide parallel with the stem shaft

I've tried adjusting the upper and lower cables which doesn't make a difference. Same result every time

The pics below show how I've set it up. Don't know if Ive got too much spare stem and whether i need to lower it. I didn't find the destructions that helpful. They certainly weren't idiot proof...  :D

What do we reckon chaps?

I've tried a Gyro 2 BTW and it don't fit coz it's a Torker. 5" steerer tube therefore less fork thread available to fit the upper parts of the headest and the gyro plates, just b4 ne1 suggests it...  ;)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 01:21 PM by Lamby »

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Flipin' ACS Rotor....
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 10:56 PM »
you tried greasing the stem shaft?

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:22 AM »
Move the top cable mount from where it is to round the side above the bottom one and see if that is ever better

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 12:08 PM »
yeah the top +lower cables need to be in line to get a better pull on the brake -the only problem is if you turn your bars +try braking also  >:( .mine i had fitted didn't work very well when bars were turned 180  :P

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Yeh.. line em up fella... mine works fine when lined up  :daumenhoch:

g_lamb

Re: Flippin' ACS Rotor....
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Move the top cable mount from where it is to round the side above the bottom one and see if that is ever better

yeah the top +lower cables need to be in line to get a better pull on the brake -the only problem is if you turn your bars +try braking also  >:( .mine i had fitted didn't work very well when bars were turned 180  :P

Yeh.. line em up fella... mine works fine when lined up  :daumenhoch:

Most kind. Will have a play 2nite and I'll let you know whether I took the adjustment tool to it or not  :D

Cheers fella's :daumenhoch:

adeshere

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 10:09 PM »
I guess thats why the gyro's were better as they pulled evenly from both sides

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 10:41 PM »
too true mate ,spent too much time messing about with both a spinmaster 1 +acs rotor trying with little success to get the damm things to work ok  :tickedoff: >:( :'(

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 08:44 PM »
i had a gyro on my rider and couldnt get any good brake pressure , turned to acs rotor and acs boa front and rear calipers
now there sh!t hot ,mine dialed in straight away ,make sure you outer cables arent over  long and you  oil the stem shaft,
my cables mounting  arent aligned, my top one is like yours straight off the back of the stem and the lower is set so the cable run down
the side of the top (as close as poss with out touching)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Flippin' ACS Rotor....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx