gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  masters
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: masters  (Read 1980 times)

tobybrown35

masters
« on: July 17, 2009, 10:50 PM »
never here much talk of it on here anyone race masters  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: masters
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 11:16 PM »
Bit more action on BMX Talk on this one.

What I've found since I started in Nov last year is this:

At regional level -

North - everyone does 30-39 cruiser (there are a few notable exceptions but by and large...)
South - Masters is pretty healthy.

I'm north and have done 30-39 this summer.  I love 20" so will probably try that over the winter, which in the North means payback at a regional level.  Therefore I'll come dead last but at least it's racing  :) :) :) :) :)

martin1970

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 11:35 PM »
I agree, Masters in the South is pretty healthy, hard and fast.

tobybrown35

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 11:52 PM »
  gonna give it ago at andover proper unfit but wanna give it a go on the 20  :2gunsfiring_v1: :LolLolLolLol:  martin was it u who used 2 tailwhip at hounslow :daumenhoch:

martin1970

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 05:49 PM »
Yes mate, it was me, love them days spent at my old track, see you in Masters at Andover.
M

tobybrown35

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 05:59 PM »
was a top track 4 sure happy times framewhippin in the 80s amazin people r just doin that on dirt now  :smiley6600:

martin1970

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Not as mad as I once was, mellowed in my old age, still got a trick or two in my back pocket.

spillers#1

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 07:55 PM »
your so modest mr parker  :LolLolLolLol: there's 2 more generations hot on ya heels mart....ted & tom  :daumenhoch:

martin1970

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 08:53 PM »
chip off the old block my two, getting worried, Toms snap is far better than mine! Teds gates are getting better every week as well.

Flying_fox

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 03:14 PM »
EA's masters scene is good too, but the South still rules. :daumenhoch:

Andover was mental, I can't believe we all got round the first berm in the Final.

ZippyDixon

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 09:53 PM »
with Miles on this but have to say EA's rocks when we get a full house,4 out of the current top 5 national ranked riders are from EA....
Barnard current No1,jessop No.2,Alexander 4 Jools Allen 5,
  dont get me wrong south is superb hence why I'll do them if I can!!

darren

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 12:19 AM »
gotta look out for that claire morrison in masters in the south  >:D

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 08:49 AM »
with Miles on this but have to say EA's rocks when we get a full house,4 out of the current top 5 national ranked riders are from EA....

Plus Steve Williams (when he can be bothered) and Jay Mills is also pretty quick and consistent.  Don't forget yourself either Stu.  You've come on strong this season with national A-finals in the bag.

ZippyDixon

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 08:50 AM »
gotta look out for that claire morrison in masters in the south  >:D
 Yeah too true,when she's doing finishing line she's riding like an animal on the track :daumenhoch:  :coolsmiley:

ZippyDixon

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 08:58 AM »
Mike
  I'm not too sure how much of steve we'll see this year,he's Bern about but not raced,too busy chilling,millsy concentrating on regionals and the Brits for 09 and as for myself....well tbh Mike ....the other guys are a diff class,I know where my weakness lies but just don't have the balls to do anything about it  :-[
  You could prob split masters into about 4 groups of levels,contenders,the guys that are not quite there,mediocre and moto fodder,I'd like to think I fall in between the last 2  :daumenhoch:

darren

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 11:15 AM »
stu i would have you down as a contender just gotta jump dude, we getting our dogs balls chopped of next week you can have them if you want they should be your size then you can get airbourne  :daumenhoch:

Flying_fox

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 11:32 AM »

As you know Stu, like you,  I do as many in both regions as I can, I was only saying the Soth becuase I ride of a South club. :daumenhoch:

I've been saying all season that I don't need to do nationals because bar a few like Dave Ives and Fozzy all the main national riders in Masters come from the South and EA. Then there's people like Jay Mills and Martin Parker who only do regionals, and Jason Lewis who only does the odd national , so I think the standard at the inter regionals is just as high as a national.

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 11:53 AM »
I'm getting properly jealous now.

As a said at the start of this thread, baring one or two (Ivsey) Masters doesn't live up North, and at regional level Ivsey rides payback with the young guns anyway.

Regardless of that I'm riding 20" all winter, even if I come last in payback, and I'll see where that leaves me next summer.

P.s. don't get me wrong - the cruiser scene is great oop North.  But I do like a nice 20".

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  masters

gfxgfx
gfx gfx