gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My first build ............. finally !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My first build ............. finally !  (Read 2802 times)

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
My first build ............. finally !
« on: July 16, 2009, 10:37 PM »
Well it's taken a while but my first build is finally done   :-[

It's a 1983 MT Silverfox, this is actually my FIRST/ORIGINAL bike from BITD , many long hours were spent onboard her  :smitten:

She was originally chrome but sadly due to poor storage ( located in between my Mum and Dad's house and the shed, open to all the elements :( ) she had suffered badly . A full strip down and repowder was the order of the day .

Go easy RADsters, it is my first build ( there's 3 or 4 more in the pipeline  ;) ) I have done it how I wanted it so it is obviously not factory spec/ era correct etc , but I am quite pleased how it turned out .

I actually took the pics 4 days ago when everything wasn't quite set up , but i couldn't wait to get it outside in the sunshine and take a few pics ( hence no chain , wonky levers etc  :D)  She is all done now but the weather isn't being kind with no signs of improvement so you will have to make do with the sunny pics  as i wanted to put it on the site before MK.

Less of the waffle ......Here goes ..... :-[

Number plate and trademark stand  ;D

What do you reckon RADster's  :-\   Comments welcome good  :) or bad  :'(

I think the colour coded bike stands could be a trademark of my future builds  :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks to you all for being very welcoming and a friendly bunch too  :daumenhoch:  Now where's the RAD :police:  :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:01 PM by NORTY40 »
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

trasher

Re: My first build ............. finally !
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 10:43 PM »
i like that  dude ;) ,,,,,nice effort mate  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 10:47 PM »
 :) Supercool...if you took off the CWs and checks it`d look...................

.........new school :daumenhoch:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 10:49 PM »
As a complette bike its cool as fook, I don't like them seats though, they look too far forward and ruin the flow of the bike. Nowt you can do though as its fixed to the post.
I know its got a lot of what would be classed as cheap parts on it but the whole lot as a package really works if you ask me, looks stunning. The quality of the build looks really good to.

Honest enough for you?  :)

daz bmx it!

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 10:57 PM »
Nice first build bud :daumenhoch: looks fresh,personally I'd get some gumwall/skinwall comp III's on her :daumenhoch:

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 10:58 PM »
Needs a chain...  :D

I've a white one somewhere in my box of bits...  ;)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:02 PM »
So Jonathon - you plucked up the courage to post her up - good lad   :LolLolLolLol:

As you know mate I think she looks cool  8) Balance of black / white is just about right too  :daumenhoch:

Nice clean crisp looking build  ;)

Colour coded bike stands hey................ nice touch  :coolsmiley:

........ I did tell you that you'd be told off for those tyres though bud  :-X :LolLolLolLol:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Looks great mate. Really good  :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 11:21 PM »
Very Nice buddy! proper nice for a first build, im not really a fan of them seats but except that i love it all! :4_17_5:

Oakleys or Fuan grips? ???

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 11:51 PM »
As a complette bike its cool as fook, I don't like them seats though, they look too far forward and ruin the flow of the bike. Nowt you can do though as its fixed to the post.
I know its got a lot of what would be classed as cheap parts on it but the whole lot as a package really works if you ask me, looks stunning. The quality of the build looks really good to.

Honest enough for you?  :)

I have to agree on the seat , i actually bought one of these BITD with a chrome post and ended up giving it to a mate after a week  ;D  I had to have this one on because of the checks  :LolLolLolLol:

personally I'd get some gumwall/skinwall comp III's on her :daumenhoch:

Mr Fett did tell me the same  :-[ TBH i didn't want to introduce another colour into the bike , I will try some on it though  :daumenhoch:
Needs a chain...  :D

:LolLolLolLol:  It has got a Black and White check one on now  :daumenhoch: Took me fookin ages to do that  :LolLolLolLol: ( I am joking  :D )

Oakleys or Fuan grips? ???

Fuan's mate  :(    If they were Oakley's they would be worth more than the bike  :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks for all the comment's lads , it is appreciated and hopefully I will  meet a few of you at MK  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 06:42 AM »
loving it, well done  :daumenhoch:

:) DINGO :)

neiljonarcus

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 06:51 AM »
not just beacause i come from newcastle   .   i just love that black and white touch . very clean looking build  10/10   :daumenhoch:

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 07:56 AM »
Did you knock up the decals yourself? 

I am just restoring a Silverfox myself - one that is feeling very unloved and battered!  It is the Chrome Manganese frame version without the little gusset plate and will probably end up very similar to yours!  (although I may have to change that now!)

Das  :daumenhoch:

torkertony

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 11:21 AM »
Top effort Jonathan!  Bet it brings back some memories!!!  Loving the white/black, good balance of the colours.  :4_17_5:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 11:35 AM »
likin that dude, nicely done :daumenhoch:

wizardofcov

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 12:44 PM »
DAZ white i like the check looks sweet mate well done !

g_lamb

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 01:41 PM »
not just beacause i come from newcastle   .   i just love that black and white touch . very clean looking build  10/10   :daumenhoch:
Yay, a fellow geordie....  :daumenhoch:

Well, I'm not a proper one as I'm from Ashington but the correct side of the weir nonetheless  ;)

g_lamb

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 01:45 PM »
Nice job

Seat Post not my thing but nice job all the same

What are the White Panaracer's going onto?

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 03:18 PM »
top job mate, looks coolio :coolsmiley:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 04:11 PM »

Cheers mate , you will probably like my next one too then , it's also Black and White  :LolLolLolLol:  It's another cheapy though , mongoose Grand Prix  :-[

Did you knock up the decals yourself? 

I am just restoring a Silverfox myself - one that is feeling very unloved and battered!  It is the Chrome Manganese frame version without the little gusset plate and will probably end up very similar to yours!  (although I may have to change that now!)

Das 

Hi Das , I actually had the decals done 6/7months ago , before I knew about RAD  :-[ . I thought i had better get them sorted first because if i couldn't get them done the build would be a non starter. I still have a scale(letter size etc) photocopy of them though , so if you want to PM me your address i will post the info out  :daumenhoch: The lad who did them for me has got shut of his all singing and dancing printer and now only cuts vinyl ( Credit crunch  :( )  I am sure DEL on here could work his magic on a set though  :daumenhoch:

What are the White Panaracer's going onto?

Don't know yet mate , there's a couple of future builds they could go on  :-\  They were up for a good price , nobody had 'dibbed' them in the thread so i sent a PM , somebody was haggling , seller wanted to sell, I wanted to buy ... job done  :daumenhoch:

top job mate, looks coolio :coolsmiley:

Nice of you to comment mate as you were one of the first to welcome me to this site 6 months or so ago , you said then 'get some pics up'  well 6 months later here they are  :D  :daumenhoch:

Thanks again lads for all the mainly positive comments  :daumenhoch: Some of the bikes you lads build are unbelievable and are a real credit to you . We all have to start somewhere and i thought there's no better place than my original bike  :)  Daft as it sounds this will be the one I will never sell , purely on sentimental grounds  :smitten:

Cheers RADster's  :daumenhoch:

cherrypicker

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Smashin fella  :daumenhoch:

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Hi Joff , not been here for a while ....Kids , Work ,MTB and the  Monster 205 MI16 have been eatin my time up .....

The old Silver Fox looks Awesome and i wondered when it would grace these pages .

This bike looks stunning in the flesh  and i know you just love doing this kind of thing  . :coolsmiley:

Well done,  it was definately stunning to see it in bits before you built it up , get it in the Lounge on a Plynth .....

Ps.

I dont get this whole no chain thing  ,but then you always know me .....build it to Boogie or Kill it Tryin to .... 8)

Iam going to chuck a chain on it next iam at yours  AND GO FOR A SPIN ..... :wtf:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:39 AM by BADDH »
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 10:09 AM »

I dont get this whole no chain thing  ,but then you always know me .....build it to Boogie or Kill it Tryin to .... 8)

Iam going to chuck a chain on it next iam at yours  AND GO FOR A SPIN ..... :wtf:

It's got a nice White one on now mate   ::)   :daumenhoch:  and NO you ain't taking it for a spin , but you can have a blast on my RAT Rider if you want   :D ;D

Thanks for the kind words Daz  :daumenhoch:   But the big question is when are you getting one of the Old school bikes  :-\ I know you are on the lookout for a gusseted Robinson , but just get something else to put you on for the time being  ;)

Cheers Daz , see you soon mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Jon its a really cool build that takes me right back mate, agree the tyres need to go but it looks cracking. Cant believe how few of these they are considerin how popular they were. First class mate  :daumenhoch:

Deano

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 01:55 AM »
That is a sweet build mate, and it was nice to chat at mk :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My first build ............. finally !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx