gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  its a shame....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: its a shame....  (Read 1843 times)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
its a shame....
« on: July 16, 2009, 06:39 PM »
I have now built up this massive (to me) collection of bikes only to be disheartened that they are now done and locked away, its like 'what now'.... i get a buzz out of building up another colour scheme, but when its finished and put to one side, it just stays there collecting dust, i seems its a shame that they have no other use, sort of understand how munners feels getting rid of everything, as he has done what he set out to do.... nothing seems to be selling for much these days and would have to take a massive loss to sell them, so seem to be stuck with them, for the time being at least, so i cannot even pass on to someone who will appreciate them and the time taken to get them to this standard, and tbh the thought of going to the post office 20 times to sell one bike doesnt impress me :(
its a bit like me selling off all my cars and junk to go with it, i am now down to my last one which i am breaking (audi UR quattro), and i just want rid of the lot, and peeps say 'all i want is the left bolt that goes next to the drive shaft next to the bearing'.... :idiot2:
so its going to take me 2hrs to get this item off, then i am stuck with a suspension leg that is dismantled, all for a tenner, dont peeps realise it isnt worth my time....
all i want is £1500 for the lot, not £1 less, the fookin log book must be worth £1500...

what the fook am i going on about i dont know, just had a drink and needed to air something.... :crazy2:

sam
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
Re: its a shame....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 06:56 PM »
i'll take one of the bikes   :daumenhoch:   ,,,,, i'll hug it and squeeze it and call it george,,,   :LolLolLolLol:,   i know what you mean about the bolt thing though ,," NO its that fookin much if ya don't want the rest of it f*** **f"   and when you come back f*** **f  again!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 07:00 PM by oldtired »

dannywhiteley

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Im in the same position mate, I have three bikes fully complete and while its a relief not to have to search ebay or the for sale ads every 5 minutes, it does seem a shame that they are locked away never to see the light of day.

I know what people are thinking.  'Get out and ride them'... But I never 'rode' BITD, and if I do go out on a bike nowadays its either my road or mtb.

Thing is, as much as I love looking at them, now im not having to source parts, or constantly strip and build them to change a minor part the fun has gone somewhat.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 07:05 PM »
I was going to post a virtually exact topic a while back, e.g.... What now for your bikes, but never got round to it. :-[

For the time being mine are in my sons bedroom, well at least some are, another is under the stairs as it's only half built and we have an old school cruiser in the attic. Now most of them are sort of built i don't really have an idea of what to do with them.

I do have one option at the moment for people to enjoy these builds but i need to speak to the owners a bit more soon.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 07:16 PM »
FFS Sam  :shocked:

Have another drink  :LolLolLolLol:

You do need to be buying and selling and restoring though , that's the best bit

The current bikes I've got  now are keepers hopefully  6 in total not too many , I've enough space for these  and I don't see them as owing me money
 well except for the last 2 ongoing builds  ::)

I've got a few bits of 80's sportsgear , old 70's toys  and even though I don't see them on display
, every now and then I can see em and I have enjoyment knowing that I own them , not just looking at pics on the net

The same will be with the bikes eventually  :)

I hope to be into BMX for as long as physically possible , there's a few riders who are 50 plus now  :shocked: still loving it

Good on em , I say and I hope to be doing the same

The BMX world championships are in Birmingham 2012  too , I hope a load of us on here are still into BMX still then and get down  :)

Basically Sam  , get buying and selling some more  ;)

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 07:19 PM »
Sell them all, and buy a Pro Performer, put a 1 inch flex fighter on it and a lay back and i promise that is all you need. I have built over 20 myself at one time n another have a cpl of f&f lying around but of all the bikes nothing comes close to the GT's usability. My only bike's i will ever build from now on are riders, i been there to Sam, once you have won the chase and fook em then there aint nothing left but memories  :LolLolLolLol:, good ornaments but at 1k+ for each one its fooking expensive.

Just read your post Dubber do, and your wrong  :2funny:

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 07:30 PM »
I feel exactly the same the fun is in sourcing the parts and the longer it takes the better really. Now the bikes are just sat there they are pointless large ornaments just gathering dust.

I can't help the thinking the money that has gone into them could be more use spent on other things. I'm finding it hard to justify keeping them to be honest.

I keep thinking sell them all but like you say it's such a hassle and takes too long to keep posting bits out all the time.

bodamus :( :-\

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 07:34 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

I'm always wrong   ;D ;D ;D

Don't listen to me , I'm a fookin loon  :crazy2:

But I've wasted lot  less money on this hobby, than on Volkswagens   ;)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 07:42 PM »
last september the missus says what do you want for xmas? i replys not realy bothherd whatever you want?    obviously not good enough,,   ;)  so thought about it and i went for Evil Kneivil stunt cycle and  Rock Em Sock Em Robots  :daumenhoch:,  she says no be seriuos , i replys i am, needless to say santa deliverd, i'd completly forgot about the conversation in september,, Evil Kenevil  was just like the one i used to have ,a  used but mint origonal, must o payed a load for it, and Rock Em Sock Em, i never had,, thats a repro but fookin brill  she says your like a big kidd,,  i know brillo,,,  there now back in the boxes but see the light of day every now and then.  Not realy relavant but some things are worth keeping, just for the grin on ya face when you use it  :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 07:43 PM »
its probably more satisfing having 3 or 4 100% perfect builds, than 20 98% perfect builds...

i'm not on my own then? :-[

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 07:48 PM »
what you need is a rider!
go out to the shop, find a track,ride around youll feel much better!
riding them is fun!! :D

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 07:52 PM »
sam strip the lot, build a few 100%'s and sell the rest of your gear..clear some space and buy some of it back...

you selling up will destabilise the market for a few weeks anyway, so you can buy it all back again for the same or probably less....

i just want a cruiser..thats my goal at the minute...

am moving closer towards one as well...

just inching my way in, bit by bit...

:D

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 07:52 PM »
i have 2 riders....

still...  1 too many

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 07:57 PM »
What we need is a gathering, say, once a year. Where people can get together and ride/talk/check out other peoples bikes/drink beer etc

;)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 08:03 PM »

all the car clubs have monthly area meets, that is whats needed to keep the enthuisiasm up.... ;)

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 08:03 PM »
What we need is a gathering, say, once a year. Where people can get together and ride/talk/check out other peoples bikes/drink beer etc

;)

Say somewhere in the central Uk region, and maybe make it over two days so you can drink and sleep it off, maybe even have a bmx track close by for those who still ride ???

I can see the possibilitys

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 08:06 PM »
think he was being sarcastic paul....   :D

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 08:10 PM »
think he was being sarcastic paul....   :D

Come on Sam even im not that slow  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 08:15 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:, well i feel better already just for reading and contributing to this thread

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 08:36 PM »
For those reasons I've decided to build bikes I rode, spec'd the same as what I can remember or what I can see in those grainy, out of focus pics either my OM or friends took. In many ways it's become much more of a challenge than just putting together bikes with the best minty/NOS bits I can find or afford. That way when I look at 'em they mean a great deal more to me and the hunt is even sweeter.

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 08:46 PM »
im fairly lucky to have my bike from bitd and a load of parts too.
all my builds have at least one part of mine from bitd. a little part of my past on each one thats why i love all my builds :smitten:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 09:51 PM »
think he was being sarcastic paul....   :D

Come on Sam even im not that slow  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

i was....   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 10:04 PM »

all the car clubs have monthly area meets, that is whats needed to keep the enthuisiasm up.... ;)

That's what happens when we do racing Sam , or there's a skatepark meet on

Most of the time people go to sit there arses on bikes and chinwag , not 10' flipwhips

ask Flatcap Daz  :-X

Awaiting deaththreat from Mr Whitfield  ;)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 10:08 PM »
or you sneak off to a skate park late one night 2 weeks ago, and dont tell anyone.....      :crazy2:

;)

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 10:23 PM »
If I'd have known it was a BMX night I wouldn;t have bothered  :yahoo_silent:

Diggler promised me it was Blackpool Dogginfestjam 09 for steers and queers and said DB paul was gimpin' it up  in his cage  :yahoo_silent:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  its a shame....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx