gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Charity Day Aug 16th
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden Charity Day Aug 16th  (Read 2906 times)

TK The Mic

Hersden Charity Day Aug 16th
« on: July 12, 2009, 09:19 PM »
We are set at Hersden, to stage the two biggest meetings we have had at the track since we opened in 2004.
August 16th is Round 5 of the Summer Series, but is also our Charity day where we will be raising money for the Molly Bubb Foundation, for those who don't know, its a local charity set up after Molly tragically died from a rare form of cancer a couple of years back.
We have a strong tradition of Old Skool and Cruiser racing now at Hersden and although the numbers have dropped in O/S this year it would be great to see as many radsters as possible for these races to make it as big as possible.

race entry fee will be £5 for O/S , Masters and Cruisers for this day.

Pre Registration for both Old Skool and Cruisers will take place here and on www.hersdenbmx.co.uk

No other racing happens in South region this day so it would great to see as many of you support this day as possible

Yours

TK
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:25 PM by RATTY »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Hersden Charity Day Aug 16th
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:24 PM »
The rat pack will be there :daumenhoch:

It would be good to see a big turn out that day :4_17_5:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

big kev 40

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:09 PM »
i be there watching losing more points   

TK The Mic

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:02 AM »
Not too many viewing this considering I put this up over a fortnight ago. A lot of you Radsters know where we are , and whether you have moved on to Cruiser or stayed O/s , there is no reason to miss out.
It looks like a lot of the local youngsters that have raced at the track over the last 4 or 5 years will be back for this one, it would be nice to say the same for users of RADBMX to do the same.

HOW ABOUT BOYS AND GIRLS :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

tk

big kev 40

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 09:07 PM »
if you concerned for numbers tone i will race and totally finish myself off    no better place than hersden

TK The Mic

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 07:56 PM »
I'd rather have a few missing than your blood on my hands Kev :LolLolLolLol:.

I'm confident we will get a big turnout, it would be nice if a few of those RADSTERS  who were down a couple of years ago, could come back for a bit of fun, doesn't look like its going to happen tho  :(

tk

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:54 PM »
I'll be there in spirit but on that day I will be trying Hersden builder Steve Jenk's latest masterpiece at Tiverton for Round 8 of the South West Summer Series.  Good luck with the event and wouldn't it be something if KDW712, MeddlE, Muttley and a few others reappeared for "just one more time".  Humps

TK The Mic

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 11:20 PM »
Glad the move is going great Al, will probably see you at Bournemouth, or the Brits mate.

Things are gathering pace as the weeks draw towards the meeting, good to see  few more views lately.

TK

big kev 40

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 03:06 PM »
looks like  im goin against the doctors orders mite have to race this one   been away too long  it hurts more not racing

moomin

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Tone will be there racing, as will Emmanuel and Joshua  :daumenhoch:

big kev 40

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 07:58 PM »
looks like another trip to hospital for me as ratty racing     :daumenhoch:

spike371

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 11:50 AM »
I'll be there, trying to avoid the carnage as usual  ;D ;D ;D

big kev 40

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 06:07 PM »
may be i should raise money for everytime i crash i would raise shite loads :knuppel2: :daumenhoch:

TK The Mic

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 08:19 PM »
If you did Kev , it would probably cure all the world's problems ;D

Here is a guide as to how its all going to go down this Sunday.............

1000 Track will open, as will registraton

1005 Gate Practice, due to the massive hoardes that are coming we will stagger it so the little ones will not end up injuring the older ones ;D

1230 Registration closes

1235 Someone drops out due to injury, just as I finish writing up his age group ;D

1300ish Racing will start with the motos for all our Summer Series classes

1310 Big Kev has to go to Canterbury A and E

1320 Big Kev comes back for O/S moto despite doctor telling him to have 2 mnths away from racing

1400 Second Annual Postmans Race (Semi Finals and Finals included)

1430 SEMI FINALS and Run offs if needed (could have semis in girls  group if  16 turn up, it could happen)

1445 Jump Competition (possible charge of extra £1 to go to the charity)

1500 Finals Time

1525 Mr Magoo gets mad >:(

1530 Big Kev crashes again and poor Hannah has to take immediate driving lessons

1545 Prensentation of medals

1630 Mr Magoo does grovelling apology on hersdenbmx.co.uk >:D

1700 Local press show up as the podium is put away

TK
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:43 PM by TK The Mic »

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 09:08 PM »
I'll see if I'm allowed out to come and play.

kamodo

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 06:23 AM »
Hi Tony. Just read this message a bit late now. I have a brand new Unworn T shirt from the 07" South East Queensland champs that was sponsored by DK. If I send it tomorrow morning (Wednesday)you probably wont get it untill the day after the race. I know its not worth a lot but auction it off at the next meeting,every little helps.Just like Humps i will be there in spirit. I meant to send this T shirt to my old mucker Glendower ages ago,but he will understand  ;)

big kev 40

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 09:03 AM »
no had to promise hannah  i take it easy like i did at gosport   be trying stay away from carnage    :2gunsfiring_v1:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Count me in, it's the only track my lungs & legs will let me get round…ain't that right tone lol. Hope the weather is good 'cos it'll make for a good day, finished off in a pub by the sea with frish & rips :-)

xtremepervert

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 06:47 PM »
Hi Tony. Just read this message a bit late now. I have a brand new Unworn T shirt from the 07" South East Queensland champs that was sponsored by DK. If I send it tomorrow morning (Wednesday)you probably wont get it untill the day after the race. I know its not worth a lot but auction it off at the next meeting,every little helps.Just like Humps i will be there in spirit. I meant to send this T shirt to my old mucker Glendower ages ago,but he will understand  ;)

I wondered why it never turned up. I remember you promising to send it so i could wear it at Tony Williams reunion day back in March. Should know better by now!!! :'(

mr.magoo

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 07:45 PM »
TK, love the timetable, but you'll have to reschedule my bit, been a hectic week moving house and decorating, so wont be able to fulfil my part of the timetable :'(

stumpy

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 09:11 PM »
finished off in a pub by the sea with frish & rips :-)

Thats me in then, see ya there!  :LolLolLolLol:

Stumpy

kamodo

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 11:24 AM »
Sorry dave, theres loads I have not got round to doing since living on this bloody rock. I intended to fly down to the worlds in Adelaide, but had the wifes family here and completely forgot about that too,WTF where they doing holding the worlds in a indoor arena,its winter here and lovely and cool outside  :idiot2:

I'll bring you back something next year Dave....honest  ;)

jazzyje

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 04:09 PM »
anyone with spare bikes for the posties race.if you could bring them along that would be great.also helmets and gloves pads etc.
   if mike can lend out his ti dialled(non intentional,haha) i'm sure a few cruisersz can see the light of day.should be a great day for a great cause.

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 10:53 PM »
 :angel: stripped & cleaned my OS unit. stripped & replaced the rear axle on my new (well its new to me) 24" cruiser & put some ball bearings in it (what is it with bmxers named tony & ball bearings in hubs  :wtf: lmao) :2funny: cleaned & all ready for sunday. if i'm gonna hit the dirt, i'm hitting it in style.......ok, not so much style but well presented ;D

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 11:22 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Charity Day Aug 16th

gfxgfx
gfx gfx