gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  MRD Frame repairs now with finished pics built for MK09
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MRD Frame repairs now with finished pics built for MK09  (Read 1307 times)

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Got this frame a while back and nearly finished the project 4 Show and Shine at MK . Can't show the finished item but would like 2 take this opportunity 2 say a big thanks 2 Phil (SAWZALL) 4 a fantastic paint job considering the state of the tubing.  :4_17_5:  Also 2 show resto pics of damage 2 frame and repairs  ;) I hadn't braized 4 years so was ace 2 do it again and fill all the dents then refinish  ;)

These 2 pictures show corrosion damage 2 tubes which Phil has managed 2 stopper 4 me 2 get a great finish. The frame was originally Chrome and I think these marks r caused by the chrome flacking and rust eating into tubes in certain places. Where the decals were fitted the tubing has been protected. But somebody had the chrome blasted off which has damaged all the lovely braized joints  :'( Which is a real shame . Worth all the effort tho as this frame is one of 10-15 in a batch of MRD extra long frames made especially for Tim and Woppa Watkins (this comes from the man himself via Gossa and Sawzall on here) Serial is EX102 Its big 2 big 4 a bit taller than Spen like me  ;D Green Toad and myself decifered the serial on sat nite at MK, EX- Extra Long , 1- Pro Series , 02- 2nd made in batch  :smitten: Top tube is 20 1/2 inches centre 2 centre  ::) Had loads of peeps ask at MK and had no idea  :P

This pic shows the brake bridge after resto , it was totally crushed in. Needed 2 make a tool to reshape this in a vice , and a dolly 2 work from inside 2 tap out the dents .

This shows reworked drop out which had the normal crushing and bending a pieces missing. Also braize repair 2 dent .

These show braizing repair 2 dents and refinishing after so nice and smooth again .

And all built for MK more pics 2 come when got time  ::)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:53 PM by ANIMAL »

fouronethreeoh!

Re: MRD Frame repairs
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Look forward to seeing that. Top repair work too.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 10:30 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this  :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

magna13

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 06:48 AM »
Mee too! :daumenhoch:

daz bmx it!

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 12:35 PM »
Phil sure know's what he is doing :daumenhoch: wish I new him before I found rad as I threw loads of old stuff out that no doubt he could have weaved his magic on? ???

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 01:47 PM »
i want to see it as well as it used to be my frame! :daumenhoch:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Re: MRD Frame repairs now with finished pics built for MK09
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 09:54 PM »
MK pics bump

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 10:39 PM »
 :4_17_5:
you did my old frame proud! :Great_Britain:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 10:44 PM »
Just amazing mate, real quality and your a top lad to which is nice  :LolLolLolLol:, Phil is a genius like, super  ;)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 10:50 PM »
That was a really nice stand out build. Definetely in my top 5.

bigsman

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:24 PM »
Quality! 

great to see damaged frames coming back from the brink like this.  I have a TA with a crushed brake bridge and have been thinking for ages that there must be a way to pull it back out and get rid of the damage.  Was the dolly something you could DIY do you think?

Looking good  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  MRD Frame repairs now with finished pics built for MK09

gfxgfx
gfx gfx