gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Illustrators/Graphic Designers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Illustrators/Graphic Designers  (Read 334 times)

dialledbikes

Illustrators/Graphic Designers
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Anyone on here work in illustration/graphic design and fancy doing some freelance work to create new frame and soft goods graphics for Dialled Bikes?

If so, please send me some examples of recent work plus an idea of how much you charge (I'll say up front that I prefer to work on a price per job basis rather than an hourly rate).

Normally, I have ideas of what I'm after but don't have the time or artistic skills to create stuff myself, so a lot of the work would be interpreting my ideas.  However, if people have their own ideas, I won't ignore them.

Mike

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Re: Illustrators/Graphic Designers
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Give Swivel a PM Mike, am sure he can help  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:10 PM »
Can indeed help Mike :) Background: 16 years in the games industry, been art director of 2 companies, been working for myself now for 9 years doing new media design work across PC, Web, Mobile, Print etc.. I'm also a traditional artist and have done hundreds of photo realistic portraits and oil paintings. I'm a trained cartoonist and animator covering on 2D and 3D. Blimey.... that was a mouthful  ;D

Drop me a PM or meet up with me at MK for a chat and a beer :) I'm happy to do it at a fixed rate and as you're a radster, I won't charge the earth. If you have a budget per job, no problem, I'll do my very best to work within your constraints.

Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 02:17 PM »
I'm probably less creative then a lot of the others.

However I specialize in Artworking - That is I make all those lovely designs reality (I rebuild the designer's work ready for print).

So If your ever struggling to get something printed or you'd like me to cast an eye over it before hand and make any recommendations then just give me a shout. ('small' jobs free for you Mike)

As a quick example:

VDC Decals:

Se Assassin Text:

And some of the stuff I work on regularly: Artwork set up for print in China:

PS - Things that I like to avoid because there always end a complete ball ache are 'Brochures' & 'Web Work'

Cheers
Dan

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:26 PM by diesel »

scott250

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 02:32 PM »
I work at a graphic design agency.

http://www.usedesignhouse.co.uk/

We have created graphic art work for a couple of vans in the past, no BMX yet, haha.
I mostly work in flash here, but I do a little illustartion/layout and logo designing from time to time - depending on the work that comes in.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Illustrators/Graphic Designers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx