gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  COLORED TUFFS AND SKYWAY FRAMES
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: COLORED TUFFS AND SKYWAY FRAMES  (Read 1179 times)

steadicamsteel

COLORED TUFFS AND SKYWAY FRAMES
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:48 PM »
What can I say,

I placed my deposit back in October 2008 for a 25th Anni. Frame Set only to be told there was going to be a delay on the second batch.

I politely told them (via email) that the delay was unacceptable and could they refund all monies due. I get no reply. So I wait and I wait and I wait until 3 months after Christmas (remember the frames were supposed to be shipped before Christmas) I try again to get a refund.....nothing.

It's now July 2009 and I still haven't seen a refund or a hint of getting a Frame from them. What a bunch of ***** Sorry a ****** is a useful thing.

If anyone from Colored Tuffs does want to discuss this , feel free to get in touch, it's not difficult in this ******* day and age....is it?

Oh, and I said in my email, if I ever do see anyone from the Store here in the UK I'll gladly shove a set of used SE Landing Forks up your ******* arse.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:02 PM by Stidds »

munners

Re: COLORED TUFFS AND SKYWAY FRAMES
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:50 PM »
 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Where you been?

steadicamsteel

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 07:51 PM »
Been busy righting of my Aston Martin........and building some more bikes.

You can see piccies of the Aston Before and After if you click on my news page on the website.

www.steadicams.com

dbone

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 07:53 PM »
 :2funny:

munners

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 07:58 PM »
 :'(

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 08:07 PM »
I have changed the post to take out the swearing, but do think the questions raised need answering by Colored Tuffs.  This can't be a good way of treating your customers.

dannywhiteley

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Diabolical.  So glad I never got involved in buying one of these framesets when I had the chance.

martylaa

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:24 PM »
I have changed the post to take out the swearing, but do think the questions raised need answering by Colored Tuffs.  This can't be a good way of treating your customers.
emailed them many times over the course of the year and i've never had a reply from them yet!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 08:34 PM »
I have changed the post to take out the swearing,

:daumenhoch:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

torkertony

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Have a look at this topic...  is your frame set included in this lot i wonder?  I had one from the first batch and it took 10 months from when I placed my order and paid my deposit...  Communication was very poor to say the least but I heard that Ed works alone at colouredtuffs...?  not that this is any excuse nowa days.

It'll be worth it when it arrives (if that helps at all!)  :buck2:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=85881.0

Paulo

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 09:04 PM »
Have a look at this topic...  is your frame set included in this lot i wonder?  I had one from the first batch and it took 10 months from when I placed my order and paid my deposit...  Communication was very poor to say the least but I heard that Ed works alone at colouredtuffs...?  not that this is any excuse nowa days.

You'll see from this the thread mentioned here, that I've been ranting for ages about how poor the communication is. I though I was along so thank goodness I'm not the only one. I thought I was going made.

Come on Ed. Each and every one of us deserves to be told personally when our bikes will be ready. Assuming that is we will get them.

I paid my deposit by paypal so I'm tempted to start claiming my deposit back via them.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 09:32 PM »
If anyone wants a real white ta early serial with mint dropouts (none of this new stuff), i'll be selling one soon for £265 posted with decals, bargain. Let me know...  ::)

mark 2

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 09:35 PM »
If anyone wants a real white ta early serial with mint dropouts (none of this new stuff), i'll be selling one soon for £265 posted with decals, bargain. Let me know...  ::)

You don't miss a trick :LolLolLolLol:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 09:38 PM »
AFTER THE PROFILE CRANK FIASCO I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THE TA THANG WOULD HAVE BEEN SORTED OUT ON TIME ?  :crazy2: :tickedoff:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

steadicamsteel

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 09:46 PM »

You'll see from this the thread mentioned here, that I've been ranting for ages about how poor the communication is. I though I was along so thank goodness I'm not the only one. I thought I was going made.

Come on Ed. Each and every one of us deserves to be told personally when our bikes will be ready. Assuming that is we will get them.

I paid my deposit by paypal so I'm tempted to start claiming my deposit back via them.

You'll have real problems getting a refund from PayPal as they have set timescales for making claims which Colored Tuffs have blown out the window. So you've got no chance for recompense via PayPal I'm afraid.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 09:59 PM »

You don't miss a trick :LolLolLolLol:

;D well Mark, all these peeps buying a new school TA because that's what it really is, the real ones are the best, proper forks too  :LolLolLolLol:

scowey

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 10:17 PM »
Eddie from colored tuffs seems a nice guy when he does answer his emails....

........he just doesnt seem to do that very often..

:uglystupid2:

Paulo

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 10:12 AM »
It's been a week since I last emailed him. No reply...tick tock tick tock

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 04:39 AM »
Hello Paulo, Richard, and anyone else who posted here....
 If you've been to my website recently, you would have seen that I've been closed for most of the last month, with a few days here and there to pack up orders.  Unless you've sent an email to my aol.com account, I haven't read an email in over 2 weeks.  I'll be back in the shop starting on Monday, and I'll begin to catch up on emails.  Between going to Rockford in mid-June, and a few other events that happen in late June /early July around the USA that I go to annually, we're closed for about 3 to 4 weeks this time of year every year.  I'm a one-man operation, so when I'm closed, emails aren't seen.
 I'm not in the business of screwing anyone, and in Richard's case on emailing asking for a refund, he will get it.  Once the 2nd batch of Skyway TA frames finally came in,  I was swamped with trying to process regular orders, in addition to the normal day to day activities, and I just got buried with paperwork, and things were delayed in the process.  I did get Richard's request, and I printed it out and had all intentions on getting it sorted well before leaving for Rockford, but it was not, regretfully.  The days before leaving for Rockford was filled with trying to get our new red 24" Tuffs done, and the second batch of 24" Graphites done, and shipped out to Rockford in time, which left a few loose ends over at the shop..   Richard- you do have my word that once I get in the shop on Monday, the paperwork for the refund will be taken care of, and you'll have it deposited back into your account.
 As far as I have record off- ALL customers that purchased a T/A frameset has had their order filled well before I left for Rockford on June 16th.  If you purchased and paid for a TA frameset already- it should be there already.  If this in NOT the case- email me at PlanetBMXproshop@aol.com to let me know.
 Anybody that has inquired about getting one, or has asked to be placed on the waiting list for the 3rd and last batch of 50 framesets has been responded to if your email came before June 16th.  If you sent it after the 16th, you'll get an email from me sometime this next week to verify that you've been added to the list.  If you have NOT had a response from me, I simply did not get your email.
 I do my best to stay on top of things, and if anybody here has an issue, please contact me at planetBMXproshop@aol.com.  I'll answer all emails that come in.
 As mentioned- I'll be back in the shop on Monday.  I won't have any long closings until late September for the annual Interbike trade show.
-Ed

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 04:59 AM »
blah, blah, blah.

Come on Ed, it's not like we've not heard it all before. Get your finger out.

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 05:06 AM »
blah, blah, blah.

Come on Ed, it's not like we've not heard it all before. Get your finger out.

Well, people wanted an answer- so I replied.  That's the way it all went down....

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 05:22 AM »
Ed, i understand you get a lot of emails and it's hard work going through them all.

but with...

Radbmx, OS-bmx, ozbmx, vbmx, bmxmuseum and maybe three or four other sites it would take you no more than 10 minutes to update with one clone post on the progress or lack a of once a week. You don't even have to check the replys once a week as long as people are seeing you're doing something.

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 05:24 AM »
You're right..... That is easy enough.  I'm on Vintage and BMXmuseum often enough as well....
Will do in the future....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  COLORED TUFFS AND SKYWAY FRAMES

gfxgfx
gfx gfx