gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  PLEASE HELP ME – A WHEEL BUILDING QUESTION
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME – A WHEEL BUILDING QUESTION  (Read 479 times)

shearer27

PLEASE HELP ME – A WHEEL BUILDING QUESTION
« on: July 06, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Does anyone know what length spokes I would need for radially lacing and 3x lacing a pair of Ukai 20 x 1 1/8 rims to Suzue low-flange hubs (both 36 hole)?

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: PLEASE HELP ME – A WHEEL BUILDING QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:14 AM »
pm stidds
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 08:34 AM »
when you find out, let me know - I have the same set-up to lace!  :daumenhoch:

shearer27

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 10:39 AM »
WHEEL BUILD UPDATE> WHEEL BUILD UPDATE> WHEEL BUILD UPDATE> WHEEL BUILD UPDATE> WHEEL BUILD UPDATE>

PM'd STIDDS as suggested (above) and he gave me some very clear advice on measuring hubs and rims for him to then calculate spoke lengths. I ordered the spokes/nipples for the front wheel (198mm 14 gauge spokes and 14mm nipples) after a hefty web search and radially laced it up last night – SUCCESS! It looks the business so a HUGE thanks to Stidds for the help. All I have to do now is find someone that can get hold of some spokes at the required length for the rear wheel. A very odd size it seems of 206mm – so if anyone knows of someone who can get hold of 36 then it would be much appreciated.

Pics to follow once built and in the frame!!
 :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  PLEASE HELP ME – A WHEEL BUILDING QUESTION

gfxgfx
gfx gfx