gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pro-Class wheel timeline?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pro-Class wheel timeline?  (Read 925 times)

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Pro-Class wheel timeline?
« on: February 27, 2006, 01:03 PM »
I have a set of chrome steel Pro-class wheels. Anyone know when they started manufacturing these and are they known as Pro-Class I ?
I have a 1983 Mongoose catalogue that mentions both Pro-Class I and the 'new' Pro-Class II wheels so I presume they were out early than 83.

FuNMoNsTeR

Re: Pro-Class wheel timeline?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 02:45 PM »
Not sure on the differences between I and II variants maybe the rims were double walled?. I do know they made steel, alloy, alloy chromed and alloy hard ano versions. The steel rims were used on their budget line of bikes if i remember right. I am sure they were released proclass rims early 83 but i could be wrong ::)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Pro-Class wheel timeline?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 05:42 PM »
The 1st release of Pro Class rims were actually drilled Araya 7X.  I have 2 pairs of these originals on my Pro Class and Californian, you can actually see the engraved Araya markings either side of the drill hole.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pro-Class wheel timeline?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx