gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 03:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GT Score...I think!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT Score...I think!  (Read 599 times)

bigsman

GT Score...I think!
« on: June 26, 2009, 07:15 PM »
Found my new resto project today in a local bike salvage place.  Phone them every week and apart from a random orange tuff2 that turned up I haven't had any joy.  The guy told me on the phone there was one thing I might be interested in but that it was rough and they'd already thrown bits of it away.... so I headed up incase anything intesresting was being ditched.

Turns out its a GT cruiser...more than that I'm not 100% sure of right now...having looked at the serial I was a wee bit disappointed to see it seems to date from 93 but maybe a resident GT expert can shed more light on the model etc?  Its a full cr-mo frame and forks though I think which is cool.  The bits on it are a weird mix of crap and ok ish looking but its definitely in need of tlc.  I did get a rear wheel for it too though lol alex rim on a decent looking hub.  The yellow toy digger did not some with it  :2funny: 

Based on a quick look over it I was always gonna take it but it does have a couple of issues...

1.  Forks are rough as fook!  Chrome might be saveable...some but not all I feel
2.  Theres a major ding in the non-drive chainstay

There wasn't supposed be a number 3 but when the guy says he's looking for 30 quid I gave it a closer look and the constant chat about stuck seatposts made me just give the seat a quick twist to check and hey presto..off it pops to reveal a solid fooking post...upon closer inspection this solid pipe has been battered into the seat tube and has slightly splayed the end of it.  I mention it to the guy and we go off to the vice and give it a bit of a wrestle...it aint going anywhere!!  He's pressed for time and says 20 quid for the lot...see what you can do.  I say fair do's and I'm on my way.   What kind of donut batters a solid pipe into a GT anyway???  :uglystupid2:

So - sorry for the spiel but I've been waiting for a score for yonks and even if it turns out to be a total fookin mare I thought I'd go the whole hog  :LolLolLolLol:

Be grateful for any info about the bike and tips on the seatpost extraction...at the mo I'm favouring drilling it through and putting a bar through it watcha reckon?

So does it qualify as a score or is it sheeeite?

Cheers

bof

Re: GT Score...I think!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 07:28 PM »
PM Moley he has just built one of those , thay are very much sought after OS race bike in the North Region OS class.  :daumenhoch:
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3159

bmxbob

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Nice score  :)

Id be very happy with it for twenty squids mate  :D

bigsman

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:05 PM »
PM Moley he has just built one of those , thay are very much sought after OS race bike in the North Region OS class.  :daumenhoch:
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3159

Cheers man I'll do that  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GT Score...I think!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx