gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Powder coat "repairs"?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Powder coat "repairs"?  (Read 728 times)

Thejackal

Powder coat "repairs"?
« on: June 25, 2009, 07:30 AM »
Is it possible to "touch up" a powder coated frame that has suffered one or two minor knocks during a build?

If so, what do you recommend? If it makes any difference the powder coating is Candy Red, and was done by SBD.

Thanks

munners

Re: Powder coat "repairs"?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 07:43 AM »
I know Dan can blend stuff in so that you wouldnt notice. A bit of messing about though i think and I doubt its worth you stripping the bike and posting out.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 07:52 AM »
Is it possible to "touch up" a powder coated frame that has suffered one or two minor knocks during a build?

If so, what do you recommend? If it makes any difference the powder coating is Candy Red, and was done by SBD.

Thanks

no!  if its an invisable repair you want.... the candy is a two pack laquar over a silver powder base coat.....
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Thejackal

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:21 AM »
Thank you to both Munners and Meticus

The problem isn't so bad that I need/ want to strip down, send off and re-build.

Obviously, would like the "repair" to be as near invisible as possible - was thinking about nail varnish?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Thank you to both Munners and Meticus

The problem isn't so bad that I need/ want to strip down, send off and re-build.

Obviously, would like the "repair" to be as near invisible as possible - was thinking about nail varnish?

It can work, I use nail varnish to touch in minor marks and chips on my Ribble road bike which is bright pick and purple!!!!  You can tell close up though  :(.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Thejackal

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Thanks Marty

They're nothing really - most people probably wouldn't them, but I know they're there....................

Might give the nail varnish a try - feel a bit silly going into Boots and getting it though.............

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Powder coat "repairs"?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx