gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975642 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 12:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Schwinn XS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Schwinn XS  (Read 9230 times)

Daletsunami

Schwinn XS
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Picked this up today with a load of bits including an old school Diamond Back frame, DC MX seat clamp and a few other bits in a big box so there might be more parts from it in there.

My mate bought it years ago and sold it to another friend who stripped it down (for some reason) anyway I saw the guy who had it and he wanted rid so here it is, was thinking of building it up but not sure what parts are supposed to be on it or if it is worth it????

Any info would be great

THIRSTYKIRSTY

Re: Schwinn XS
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:22 PM »
get it built mate

be a good street rider for ya

r

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:30 PM »
 :) Looks good,Predator maybe? XS was Schwinns in-house parts company...

Would`ve probably had all XS parts on it too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:45 PM by HEYWOOD BMX »

Daletsunami

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:48 PM »
get it built mate

be a good street rider for ya

r

It's going to be built up mate don't worry  :daumenhoch:

:) Looks good,Predator maybe? XS was Schwinns in-house parts company...

Would`ve probably had all XS parts on it too.

Cheers mate i'll get looking in the box for some other bits

bmxbert

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 11:13 PM »
done some research for you bud....

looks like you could make it pretty nice :shocked:

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/schwinn/19135

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 11:18 PM »
 Bert has got it.The Superstock wasn`t a bad frame,above the low end Predator.The XS parts were alright too.The XS 3 pc cranks were pretty burly,22mm spindle and a weird bearing cup/shim in the bb!

firebird4130

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 11:21 PM »
strange it's got lugs on the forks, doesn't look much like a freestyle type bike

groover247

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 11:31 PM »
Schwinn had a spell in the late 90's of putting cantilever and v-brakes on the front of their BMX's, I even had a cruiser with one and chopped the lugs off.

It'll build up well as a race bike, but no chance of racing it mid-school or old school due to the 1 1/8 headset.

I also had a blue falcon complete a good few years ago, that was a quality bike with ad mounts and a 21" tt.

Sutty

dodger

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 11:59 PM »
what a beut i was after one of these about 2 months ago i has one around 10-1 years back and loved every second of owning it they manual real nice and ride genraly nice
..... i still regret selling mine! :(
as told super stock was just above the predeter and they did 3 levels of spec, parts were in house xs parts devision with tektro brakes(mine had a v but seems yours was a canti on rear ,dia comp headset iirc

Daletsunami

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys...................keep it coming  :)

It will definitely be built up and i'm going to try and get it as spec as I can originally, it was bought in about 97/98 for quite a sum if I remember rightly and the brakes were sh*t hot as I remember going over the bars one day  8)

I think the levers and other brake is there too, as well as the stem (would it have been fusion?). Looks like i'll try and get some more bits found and add them to the thread too

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 11:14 AM »
 :) Would deffo had all XS parts,Fusion is Haro`s parts brands.I had a Pro Stock Team for a while,similar looking to yours but alloy.Seem to remember the seatstay wishbone had a sticker saying Ram Air Intake or somesuch nonsense!

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Schwinns were decent off the peg bikes in the mid 90s.

I remember I used to go riding down at Brighton track some weekends.  Got friendly with a lad called Jamie (who rode a red Standard Bicycle MotoCross) and two other lads (twins I think) who rode Schwinns.

Schwinn had a rad team as well around that time:  Foster Bros, Strelecki, Pohlkamp, Joey Garcia, Jay Miron.

I think there were 3 range of bikes XS ENF (top end alloy race frame), Pro Stock and Super Stock.  Then they later did a Blue Falcon Brian Foster signature frame (which Sutty mentioned) which was pretty rad and I guess Schwinn's attempt to beat the rider owned companies cro-moly trail frames.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 12:49 PM »
 :) The later Schwinns (freestyle) were tanks.I had a 2000 Hydramatic Team and an 01 Team,both were about 40lbs complete!

dodger

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 03:40 PM »
:) The later Schwinns (freestyle) were tanks.I had a 2000 Hydramatic Team and an 01 Team,both were about 40lbs complete!
indeed i also had a joey garcia sig automatic team and fook me that had some weight behind it hurt like hell when u came off then it landed on u lol

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 09:56 PM »
 :) The gold Matt Pohlkamp bike was pretty nice too.The 01 Pro Stock frames pop up a fair bit,a got 1 frame NOS for £30.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 10:12 PM »
A Blue Falcon I had some time back , I bought the F+F NOS and it sat about for a bit . Got the Atomlabs off Holmesy , cranks , bars etc but did'nt get round to building it so my brother built it up one time he was back in the UK .

Looked cool and rode real good too ..............................

The F+F and some other parts went to Dev , not sure if he still has it or if he moved it on .

jonpaul11

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 02:42 AM »
I bought a Schwinn XS something in 95 or 96. loved it at the time, cheap but got me back riding again.

TIMBO

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 12:20 PM »
Got a set of Schwinn XS 3 piecs cranks at home with the bottom bracket.
Not using them so let me know if your interested in getting some for ya build

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Schwinn XS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx