gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 06, 2024, 04:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Lennaed Zinn, Why crank length is(n't) important.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lennaed Zinn, Why crank length is(n't) important.  (Read 1092 times)

billycrabtreeomer

Lennaed Zinn, Why crank length is(n't) important.
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:53 PM »
 Done a search on internet for a formular for working out crank length and came across some very interesting stuff.
 This exsplains alot and more with a sence of humor. Have a read and scroll down and clic on (back to columns) and there is
 something about everything to do with bmx. Think it would be safe to say its not the bmx bible just a seemingly good scientific
 way of looking at bmx. This guy is a god in velo mews

This should be a direct link, http://www.bmxbasics.org/new/bmx1297.html  , or paist it and sellect bmxbasics

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

Re: Lennaed Zinn, Why crank length is(n't) important.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 04:22 PM »
It is interesting & there are some truths in those findings but they never once mentioned the psycological aspect, like any descent or competative riser will know, plays a large part.
Interesting read, though like we all already know, it's what suites YOU! & you Billy O are the best example of this, still killin it on 20+ year old equipment.
Now I must get off this toilet & get back to work.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:29 PM »
Good stuff :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 11:41 PM »
It is interesting & there are some truths in those findings but they never once mentioned the psycological aspect, like any descent or competative riser will know, plays a large part.
Interesting read, though like we all already know, it's what suites YOU! & you Billy O are the best example of this, still killin it on 20+ year old equipment.
Now I must get off this toilet & get back to work.

Yes interesting says it all in title , My os bike is quite fast thou, did go faster than a few newies and one with those big wheels.

Os are unstable bikes but lead the way to todays bikes and thats what i will be racing next summer.

paulgray

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:20 AM »
Maybe it's just the way he's worded it but crank length clearly is important. I'll take it he means that long cranks are not necessarily better and I would agree, each individual will have an optimum length/gear ratio that suits their physique and riding style. I started racing on 175mm and moved up to 180mm because people said 180 was better, looking back I wonder if I would have been better sticking with a smaller circle and lower gear as I could spin fast, but I'll never know now.   

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 01:53 AM »
Who gives a monkeys  ???

Ride a bike!

billycrabtreeomer

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 09:30 AM »
 Yes i totaly agree ,Ride the bike, All that psychological aspect (thinking) is to much,I never changed my crank from 175m and still race with the very sameone to some peoples hast.

Funny but the link isnt just about crank lenght there is loads of stuff and the velo news link if followed will broarden some peoples minds as there is more than bmx when it comes to bikes, psychological aspect of replying or posting on this site makes it hard to be p.c .

Soooooooooooo cotroversal! ;D ;D ;D ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Lennaed Zinn, Why crank length is(n't) important.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx