gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  what spokes ,,help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what spokes ,,help  (Read 1457 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: what spokes ,,help
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 11:31 PM »

now that has really puddled me  :2funny:,,,,,, sean how hard is the 4x lacing pattern ,,,,,,have you any pictures or reference to go by ,,,,,

and how much to send them to you mate  :daumenhoch:

It is really confusing until you get used to it the gay pensioner, took me a while.  You should try lacing 9-speed or mountain bike wheels where you have to dish the things to ensure the correct chain line, amazingly confusing, I have only just started understanding it.

4x isn't any harder than 3x, I personally don't like 4x as the spokes don't sit as well IMO, the x (or cross) part of a 3x or 4x simply means how many other spokes an individual spoke crosses on its journey from the hub to the rim i.e 3 spokes (3x) or 4 spokes (4x), radial means 0x or the spoke goes straight from the hub to the rim.

These piccies may help.....

Radial (0 cross), only to be used on a front wheel.

Radial (0 cross) non-drive side and 3x drive side (rear wheel configuration)

3x

4x

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: what spokes ,,help
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 11:33 PM »

and how much to send them to you mate  :daumenhoch:

I charge £20 per set of wheels to be laced and trued + cost of spokes and nipples and return postage.  I live in Bristol, so if you are close drop them over.

Sean

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  what spokes ,,help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx