gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 12:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My z rims...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My z rims...  (Read 587 times)

dannywhiteley

My z rims...
« on: June 11, 2009, 11:27 PM »
I bought a pair of z rims on here last year, and after a bit of research I decided to pay them a bit more attention.  I appears on closer inspection that they are a mismatched pair (dont bother me too much), with one (front) being pat pending, and the rear being non pat pend.  They are both made in the UK.

Any info on these?  I assumed they were US made, and didnt know they were also made in the UK?

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
Re: My z rims...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 01:32 AM »
LOL.

the pat is the early z before they had printed sides. what colour? every Z rim i have is made in the UK. got one nos orphan z
ding dong

dannywhiteley

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Well I never... didnt know they were UK made... they always seemd quite exotic to me :LolLolLolLol:

Its a pairof blue I have ony my quad, they are both built with nice matching hubs and spokes, and look the biz...  I stuck the repro decals on them, as I think they look cool.

Didnt cost me much, so not bothered either way, but glad I know now what I am dealing with...lol

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 07:56 PM »
From what I can remember the early Z's were US made.... then they started printing the sides when they started production in the UK   :daumenhoch:

J

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 11:29 PM »
doesnt ACS mean American Cycle Systems???UK made,whatever next!! ;D
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 11:31 PM »
got uk made tuff's too.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My z rims...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx