gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Lip tricks and styling it up on the deck...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lip tricks and styling it up on the deck...  (Read 659 times)

Bushwacked

Lip tricks and styling it up on the deck...
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:07 PM »
Been a while since I asked for tips from the Rad massive.

My riding is coming along nicely (except I still can't get Peg stalls!!!  >:( or air above coping)

However, when I pop out of a ramp onto the deck I just arrive - no real style or finese - sort land like a sack of spuds!!!  :crazy2:

really want to tidy it up and add something to it, any tips on what I should be focusing on, perhaps a nice little move which I can practice... ??

From watching S&MAlex at Corby I know there are certain things way beyond my ability - (Jeez, can he ride!!!! He put his stamp of authority all over that midi ramp!!!  :coolsmiley: )

Any ideas??   :daumenhoch:

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
Re: Lip tricks and styling it up on the deck...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24 PM »
no style or real finesse is the way to go mate, style and finesse is overated!! >:D

Bushwacked

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:25 AM »
Awesome - I was worrying about nothing!!!

:4_17_5:

jedi

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:00 AM »
no thats bar hill  :)

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 09:07 AM »
When I finish a run and pop out onto the deck I try to “bonk” the pedal on the coping. My feet area already off the pedals and I just get a little “chink” on the way out, before I land on the deck. Its pretty subtle, usually not noticed (and kinda shit really) but I hear it when it hits, and I like doing it.

(Maybe I shouldn’t have said any of that out loud?  :-[)

is there a new ramp at corby then?

There are a few new ramps at Corby. 7ft midi, 5ft spine/square bowl, 4ft spine (thats a bit small for bikes really). The 7ft and 5ft are so so nice!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:12 AM by S&MAlex »

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 09:15 AM »

Nice!  Where did they build all that?  It seemed pretty full. 

Pic now added  ;)

They took down the over vert wall and the big volcano (that were both a bit crap), but have also lost the curved vert wall which was fun.

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 09:51 AM »
yea that curved wall ride was cool.  is the 8ft quarter still there?  I loved that!  I dont see any pics ;)

Yeah, the 8ft 1/4 is there, where it was before at the start of the jump line. Its just the left jump line now, but you can transfer from the 8ft into the new mini, then cross the new spine, then step up into the right hand jump line. Cant really do it when the park is busy tho.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Lip tricks and styling it up on the deck...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx