gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old school race time
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old school race time  (Read 1626 times)

92gta

Old school race time
« on: June 08, 2009, 09:26 PM »
This picture is of me at the West Cornwall BMX track at Newlyn which is just outside Penzance! This was taken August 1984 and was in the local paper. I was well chuffed!!!!! The Hutch was real shiny back in those days!

dan-dare

Re: Old school race time
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Cool pic. :daumenhoch:

woody allen bars

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Nice one Julian, I recognise a few faces from there including Derrick Pascoe, Daryl Gibbard, Andy Barron (I think), Chris Beard, all on the berm, plus of course of course Redline sponsored rider Paul Ray holding second behind you. Did you win that one?

~ Craig

92gta

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 10:20 PM »
No,as usual a paul ray first and me in second was still chuffed to have had him first straight and corner!!!

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 10:25 PM »
typical 80s berm

well outta the way

good race pick though ,,captured the wholre atmosphere

r

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Hey Julian,great pic.spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods,the mother in law lives in Hayle.I take it you know Dave Harvey(penzance cycle centre)..had a load of stuff from there in the past.where abouts in Newlyn was the track,I'll ask the wife about it.

Dave.

92gta

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 10:28 PM »
Hi Dave,
Yeh spent many a day in Paradise!!!! Well the bmx centre mousehole anyway, ust to love it!!!
Saw Dave Harvey in the co op the other day!!! ha ha,still looked the same!
The track was at the top of paul hill,Faugan just off Gurnick road,Houses built on it now.
Up there most days cause daughter lives there. Brings back many a memory!!!
Julian

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Julian,thanks for that.I only went to the Mousehole shop once,ordered a hutch 2n1 headlock which he had to order from shiners,then post all the way back up to me(oxfordshire)...how daft was that.Dave mentioned to me once that he still has some goodies tucked away for old time sake,including a NOS Changa.....if only he could be persuaded.did you ever see the NOS USA supergoose he had,I ended up with that.

Dave.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:58 AM by HUTCHMAN »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old school race time

gfxgfx
gfx gfx