gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 05:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  racing at mk this sunday
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: racing at mk this sunday  (Read 9097 times)

driverchris

Re: racing at mk this sunday
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 03:36 PM »
A couple of pics for you... experimenting with panoramas.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Great day, shame about the crashes but like someone said `thats racing`although I must add that I now have a cast on from hand to elbow as I`ve broke my wrist  :(

Sounds painfull, will it be fixed for the RAD bash at MK?

I fooking hope so Bren, I`m ment to be racing the 4x British champs in 3 weeks but the nurse who done the cast recons it could take up tp 3 months to heal, however I am booked in to see the bone doctor Brian Simpson on Thurs to see if he can hurry it along  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

SaMAlex

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 03:48 PM »

I`ve fractured my left schophiod

your schapohid? That doesnt really count! What BMXer worth their salt HASNT fractured their schophiod?

dialledbikes

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Get well soon Bill. 

Hope it's not your favourite w@nking hand  :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 04:32 PM »
Hope it's not your favourite w@nking hand  :LolLolLolLol:

He can always go foreign!!  :shocked:

magna13

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Sorry to hear it Bill! Hope you can get back on the bike asap :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 04:50 PM »
If your scaphoid is broken it'll take longer to heal than a normal bone because of where it is and the lack of blood supply to that area of your hand/wrist.

I've broken mine in the past and although I raced 2 1/2 months later it was only half hearted as it didn't have the strength there to snap out the gate or lift it for jumping. My advice is to wait for it to heal and then start to ease yourself back into it. None of us are professional athletes so there's no point doing further damage to ourselves if we don't need to.

Anyway healing vibes and get well soon.

kdubbmx

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 05:01 PM »
Great day, shame about the crashes but like someone said `thats racing`although I must add that I now have a cast on from hand to elbow as I`ve broke my wrist  :(

I did tell you about the dangers of wearing body armour Bill!!   :-[

It concentrates the force of a fall to the point where the armour stops (wrist).  :idiot2:

I prefer cuts myself they heal quicker.  :tickedoff: :rant:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 05:15 PM »
When I broke my wrist I had the full works on and I snapped at the point the armour stopped. However it may also have been my 13 stone weight and my pile driving landing that shattered my wrist.  :LolLolLolLol:

I now have a plate and 6 screws holding it all together.  ;)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 06:49 PM »

I did tell you about the dangers of wearing body armour Bill!!   :-[

It concentrates the force of a fall to the point where the armour stops (wrist).  :idiot2:

I prefer cuts myself they heal quicker.  :tickedoff: :rant:

I`ve cut the elbow/forearm part of the body armour off anyway and wear my own elbow pads which do not extend to the forearm, anyway it would have been much worse without the body armour as it took quite an impact  :daumenhoch:

big kev 40

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 07:30 PM »
one good thing came out of it bill  i mite get round the 1st corner at hersden staying on  the bike  lol   
get better soon mate   i shouldnt have raced yesterday  took it easy all day then raced c final   had too stop twice on way home throwing up blood  not good bruises gone but still damage inside 

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 07:41 PM »

fooking gutted i missed it bill but it was to hot and my tummy was rumbling, bet it was funny tho

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 07:43 PM »
Just seen the footage on facebook. Kin ell mate that was an impressive dismount.

dialledbikes

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Just seen the vid also.  Stupple you are one tuff b'stard getting up and walking away from that.

Pity TK the Mic seemed to be commenting on the wrong race and mistook you for Mark Barden.

kdubbmx

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 08:44 PM »
one good thing came out of it bill  i mite get round the 1st corner at hersden staying on  the bike  lol   
get better soon mate   i shouldnt have raced yesterday  took it easy all day then raced c final   had too stop twice on way home throwing up blood  not good bruises gone but still damage inside 

Get better before you come back buddy!!!

So many people have come back to racing only to give up because of things like this, (enough to put anyone off)

Let it run its course, heal, then train then come and kick some ass!! (you will)  :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Just seen the vid also.  Stupple you are one tuff b'stard getting up and walking away from that.

Pity TK the Mic seemed to be commenting on the wrong race and mistook you for Mark Barden.

Them carbon forks held up ok too Mike, and your frame obviously, the only thing I can see wrong with the bike is the bars have moved  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 10:44 PM »
The scaphoid usually snaps when you fall with your hands out, palms down. Looking at your facebook vid Billy, that is totally what you did. Its a tiny bone that can take ages to heal, but people often just make do with it broken. Its sometimes not too bad and with a good wrist support you can still ride. The Docs try to put it in a cast for several months to see if it will heal but most of time time they end up having to pin it. Hopefully yours will heal up soon and you can get back to riding.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 10:47 PM »

Sounds painfull, will it be fixed for the RAD bash at MK?

I fooking hope so Bren, I`m ment to be racing the 4x British champs in 3 weeks but the nurse who done the cast recons it could take up tp 3 months to heal, however I am booked in to see the bone doctor Brian Simpson on Thurs to see if he can hurry it along  :daumenhoch:

and retain your 5th place on the vert in germany  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Rough on you Bill  :-\

Good day all in all , apart from the crashes holding things up it seemed to be getting on well .

Good to see some old faces too  ;)

:daumenhoch:

evamedia

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 12:35 PM »
if it's the scaphoid (spelling), give us a shout, I know a man who knows a man, was back riding in 3 weeks

Flying_fox

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 03:58 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about you wrist Billy, and now I'm sorry for taking the piss at the time telling you it was only a scratch! MK track is a horrible track to crash on, i've broken a few bones there over the years, and those tripples have claimed soooo many people.

I had a great time and so did my Harry (he's the little blond kid on the wooden balance bike for those who don't know him).

Good to see Pete Quad and Matt Wickham showing their faces, I was starting to think they had forgotten where the track was. Who was it that had the Aero Reflex there, I knew your face but couldn't put a name to it? I was going to ask but Harry did a runner and I had to give chase.

I've said this before, mostly on bmxtalk, with regionals like that who needs to race nationals, the standard in Masters was higher at MK with more riders than it was at Peterborough, or so I'm told anyway.

See you all at Hayes in a couple of weeks time, where my youngest will be making his race-watching debut at 3 weeks old. :coolsmiley:

driverchris

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 09:51 AM »
Who was it that had the Aero Reflex there, I knew your face but couldn't put a name to it?

That'll be me! Good to meet you - you did well considering you were sweating lager. Congratulations on the new arrival.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  racing at mk this sunday

gfxgfx
gfx gfx