gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  kuwi laselite
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: kuwi laselite  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
kuwi laselite
« on: May 30, 2009, 01:27 PM »

i have recently aquired a laserlite ( cheers db250f  :daumenhoch: ) and wondered if someone has some pics of a factory complete and parts run down please as i may be building this one , cheers .

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: kuwi laselite
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 01:29 PM »
quite expensive to build frawgy

type jamies kuwahara in google and theres a website that should come up lots of good info on it :daumenhoch:

here you go

http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/kuwahara/

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 01:35 PM »

nice work doggy , it's going to be a slow burner this one and after thinning my collection a bit i am going for quality not quantity . i think the crank may be the only really expensive bit .

buzzlightyear05

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 01:43 PM »
Awsome site that is. Its helped me know end of times.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 03:41 PM »
PM Rhino_Mac as he has just finished one in full factory spec. he'll be able to help you big style.

LINK......   http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=84388.0

Pocket full of wedge needed though.  :daumenhoch:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

magna13

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 04:12 PM »
Good luck mate but as people have said, you better have a big wad of cash :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 04:37 PM »

i'm not going to be to anal about it , just as close as i can  :coolsmiley:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 07:36 PM »
Trickiest things to find are the tyres , the large flange Suntour precision hubs are'nt plentiful like the small flange and the seat .

Cranks are easy to find and come up pretty regular .

;)

magna13

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 09:46 PM »

i'm not going to be to anal about it , just as close as i can  :coolsmiley:
Good luck :daumenhoch:

rhino_mac

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 02:00 AM »
hi. Just done a factory Laserlite build and spent an absolute fortune  but it's well worth it.

A decent 400 flight crank is a must for a proper rebuild. Took me ages to find one and it was horrifically expensive but well worth it. Hardest parts to find are the Elina Aero Turbo seat, OGK Cobea grips, IRC gyres and high flange sealed suntour hubs. If you ever want to finish it choose alternate parts and buy the right ones to replace them when they come up. 

Southern Andy pointed my thread out and I tried to put as much info about suppliers as possible. Be prepared for big money if you want a mint one. Bodamus, Kuwahero and Frosty are aweslth of information on Laserlites. Well worth a PM if you get stuck.

Good luck mate. Great choice in bikes. I know HLT's are the "ultimate" build but Laserlites in my opinion are by far the best racer and you will have one very cool build at the end if it. Keep us updated with progress. Kaner is building one at the moment as well so he might be able to help.

rhino_mac

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 02:05 AM »
God. Just read that back. Sorry for the spelling but I'm in London, drunk and typing on my iPhone. Just got back from the pub and was served by the girl that plays Sarah in Hollyoaks!!

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 07:22 AM »

as far as exact parts go , like you said seat , grips and hubs will be killer to find so they will be replaced with a lightning bolt seat and kuwi grips ( both of which i prefer the look of ) and unsealed hubs until i find the right ones for the right money. as for cranks , how much did you pay ? it's going to be a long term project this so i am in no rush to find parts . that one of yours is a beauty by the way .

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Hello Mate

Good luck with it, its a great bike.

I am doing the same type of build as you, e.g. not getting too upset if it isn't 100% factory spec but getting as close to it as I can.

Here is the link to the one I am doing.   

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=86726.0

Everyone on here has been a great help with parts and a great fountain of knowledge.  I'm about 1/2 way through mine, its great fun and such a gorgeous bike and has already consumed a LOT of money and I still haven't even got the crank yet.  Saying that I think I only need the crank, stem, chain, brake cable, spider, chain ring bolts and I will be ready to roll.

My poor poor bank account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Ben

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  kuwi laselite

gfxgfx
gfx gfx