gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A certain seller on ebay ?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A certain seller on ebay ?????  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: A certain seller on ebay ?????
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Ebay are clamping down on circumventing fees using all kinds of investigation and tracking methods - even going so far to pose as someone wanting to buy offline. They've realised this is a big problem and will investigate if you just click the report item button below each auction that is pulled.

People who think they are clever by having 2 accounts or re-registering will be in for a shock too....

I have a very good contact who works in Compliance at ebay UK and following the feedback policy debarcle...this is the next issue they are working on as it's undermining peoples faith in using the site.

Just make sure you report the auction pulled every time. If the sellers username is logged 5 times it is highlighted for personal investigation.

The rest of us are paying our fees there, why should they get away without it.

endoeddy

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 09:31 PM »
hi guys
i might be wrong but i think that jason on e bay is quadangle freestyle,after trying to sell that gen 1  he stopped trading as quadangle freestyle(he got so much shit for that)& rightly so :knuppel2:,as ive said i may be wrong but i dont thik i am :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 10:26 PM »
hi guys
i might be wrong but i think that jason on e bay is quadangle freestyle,after trying to sell that gen 1  he stopped trading as quadangle freestyle(he got so much shit for that)& rightly so :knuppel2:,as ive said i may be wrong but i dont thik i am :daumenhoch:

Oh the mystery deepens  ???

Should we call in Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot  :daumenhoch:

As a few on here would say   " LOVE OWT LIKE THIS ME "
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

moanjam

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 10:53 PM »
LOVE OWT LIKE THIS ME LIKE  :D

tigerbrown

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 02:39 PM »

I see the leary's back up on eBay.. BIN £2999.00

He's having a giraffe :LolLolLolLol:

ozone

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 02:48 PM »

I see the leary's back up on eBay.. BIN £2999.00

He's having a giraffe :LolLolLolLol:

Good stuff, that Evo Stik :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 05:28 PM »
well it isnt me as was claimed sort of by bigfrawg and he has gave me some good offers on what i have built .  i think he just buys whole bikes then splits them to make money

i didn't mean any offence neil , it's just that everything that he seemed to be selling was yours .  :-*

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 11:30 PM »
Asking 3 grand for a one grand  bike  ::)

nuff said  :-X

Juju

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 05:16 PM »
The problem is bmx is actually a fairly small world.

We all know what Neil paid for his Leary, the work that went into it, and what was being asked for it, and recognise it.  (esp us os-db.net followers) and obviously, having seen it being touted round rad, to then see it for 2x that price 3 weeks later does make us go "wtf".  So you see it unrestoed for £600, then offered at £1500, and then resurfacing at £3k, and you think, well theres a bloody lovely leary in unrestored but almost perfect order being sold bin for $2500 so why have a "restored" ie unoriginal one for 1/3 more?

But in fairness, theres nothing illegal in buying things and then trying to sell them on later.  I think Jason is a fairly active user at burnerworld.co.uk as I'm sure Ive seen listed stuff offered there - so he might be getting offers on ebay'ed stuff that was listed other places.   Ebays like an estate agent, you still retain the right to sell your house to a buyer you find, if the agent doesnt.

My only issue was a set of tuffs listed at a decent bin price, but was noted as "coleciton only" but also listing a postage price.  So I sent a message asking if he would post, and the items were withdrawn within minutes, despite having sat unbidded upon for several days.    I then bought some others, not as nice, for more, and then the same wheels got relisted at nearly double the price, didnt sell, and then were relisted again at close to what I would have paid in the first place. So lost a sale, messed around for weeks, incurring who knows what extra costs.

Not on a personal level, but I have issues with people who break "special" bikes. Say a Leary, has its own list of parts unavailable elsewhwre like the crank, bars, stem, post clamp and saddle, and to see one split really annoys me.   Bikes which are only a fram and forks and assembly of off the shelp parts, less so.

Just seems a funny way to do business.  But its his money, his bikes and bike parts, and you make your own choices in life in deciding to buy or sell.

dannywhiteley

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 07:05 PM »
Pulling auctions early isnt against the rules.  Its the sellers perogative if they want to end an auction early to sell 'outside of ebay'.

Ebay obviously get pissed cos they miss out on a fat wedge or final value fee's, but until an item actually sells the seller has the right to end the sale.

What is wrong is shill bidding, and hopefully anyone who uses those methods gets bitten themselves.

eamonn

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 07:20 PM »
Agreed i dont know many people who have seen a badly listed gem sending the seller a message with an offer.

offer accepted listing pulled

Same if i list something and a fair offer is sent then i would prefer me to have all the cash than sharing it with ebay and their final listing fees

Juju

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 09:39 PM »
As I'm an ebay noob, how can you guard against shill bidding now the other bidders are anonymous?

I bought some gold araya 7x, and was bidding against just 1 person - price went from £40 to £87 in the last 2 mins.

Then the vry next day, I got a second offer, told the winner had second thougths, being made redundant ect. Mow, as far as I can tell the chances of an ebay bidder being made redundant overnight are pretty slim!

I didnt quesiton it at the time but in hindsite, feel I got stiffed.....

JD_76

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Just bought some tyres from this chap on ebay and had no problems, price was about right and the tyres arived next day as described even came with free inertubes.
Not sure if he is on Burnerworld, I spend allot of time over on that great forum  ;D and havent knowingly come accross him.

Sounds like allot of his ebay activities can be put down to plain old greed.

J.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 12:01 PM »
I wonder why when his auctions are ended early why is he re-listing stuff if some of you reckon he's been made an offer away from ebay ! .

Easy answer , the bloke's a scammer ffs ................... smell the coffee .

Like earlier in this thread , Haro with dented downtube not even mentioned in the auction  ::) .
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:02 PM by Mattdub »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A certain seller on ebay ?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx