gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  does anyone have any pics of pontins morcambe bmx track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: does anyone have any pics of pontins morcambe bmx track  (Read 1100 times)

mckelvr

Hi all this was an old haunt of mine lots of good memories there including the skyway tour that was done at reception car park    but does anyone have any pics of the track or the quarter pipes that were there     
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:28 PM by mckelvr »

lodge

Re: dose anyone have any pics of pontins morcambe bmx track
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Yeah I will have a few pics, I will post some up when I get chance.

lodge

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Here you go mate think this is 83/84 myself and Pepi, like yourself so many good memories of the place.

mckelvr

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 04:34 PM »
Cheers mate   83 -84 was the time we were there a lot ...What great memories its a shame what happened to it

lodge

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 04:40 PM »
Cheers mate   83 -84 was the time we were there a lot ...What great memories its a shame what happened to it

No worries, were you at the freestyle comp where pepi jumped a car and paul hefron went over the back of the zeronine ramp?
Hillarious, preston/pardon were commentating and pardon did a big fookin hell over the pa when he went over the back of the ramp. :2funny:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 05:15 PM »
i loved the easter pontins weekends  so hot  great venue loved it loads.

mckelvr

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 05:31 PM »

No worries, were you at the freestyle comp where pepi jumped a car and paul hefron went over the back of the zeronine ramp?
Hillarious, preston/pardon were commentating and pardon did a big fookin hell over the pa when he went over the back of the ramp. :2funny:

Never saw that one buddy    i remember talking to mike pardon there though i think he worked there

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: does anyone have any pics of pontins morcambe bmx track
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 05:40 PM »
when pepi jumped that ramp he landed and bent his cranks it was a thud.the same day some lads got there bikes stolen
we all went looking and pepis mate found one in a fountain ..was a great place i beat nicky dalton to the 3rd straight then he bumped me of lol
great big fooker.

mckelvr

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 06:02 PM »
when pepi jumped that ramp he landed and bent his cranks it was a thud.the same day some lads got there bikes stolen
we all went looking and pepis mate found one in a fountain ..was a great place i beat nicky dalton to the 3rd straight then he bumped me of lol
great big fooker.

I can remember a guy stealing a bmx from outside the amusement arcade across from the ss berengeria  it was chrome with cw bars on it

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:08 PM »
on our second trip to pontins my bike was on the bike rack of a granada 2.8 ghia x
jay who owns hardcorehobbies dads car we traveled all over together   my front wheel
was near the exhaust  when we arrived at pontins we noticed my front acs zrim and tyre had both melted    :2funny:
john jays dad bought me a new front wheel & tyre from in the front lobby of the ss club house   rad bloke..   :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  does anyone have any pics of pontins morcambe bmx track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx