gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 06:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Track safety
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Track safety  (Read 4777 times)

b45t4rd

Re: Track safety
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 04:10 PM »
well im glad your fooking happy i feel the chelt scene has been robbed  put over a barrel and shaffted ,,,,,
yes we can all ways make do ,you  had no right to push forward your ideas as riding for ayear  gives you no right to take over the running of are scene .
you should have listend to the locals first, then come on this web site, asked your beginers  questions then came back to us for are veiws ,time and time again  i asked for the middles out so the jumps would be bigger  but you no better ,having never dug in your life ?
good luck to baker digging with you  JUDAS......................
WELL THANKS TO ALL FOR POSTING  ,          GC THE WARDEN

Tool.

kdubbmx

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 04:24 PM »
I think we can all now see the problem with this build.   ;)

Bushwacked

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Graham, I've got no beef with you personally but I'm shocked, totally shocked.

I posted up numerous times on your Chelt Scene site to get input from your guys and got near constant abuse, but I carried on and finally you me and Jay hooked up and you gave me your input which I put forward to the council the day after I'd had some plans signed off as your suggestions made more sense, you then gave me some further input halfway through the build which I fought with the council to get done, which they did 90% of but they ran out of time and money to do it all but have given us something to ride and develop.

If you and the scene are so gutted about this why didn't you provide the input earlier in the process when I asked for help. I was brought into this by the Cheltenham Cycle Club chairman and am representing them and to be honest I didn't need to get your input but came to you to get your views as you are the most obvious group of BMX riders in the area and didn't want to deny you lot your say. I have always been up front with whoever asks that I am not the person who knows the most about this, hence why I posted up on your site asking for advice and cooperation.

If this is what people get for helping then I'm not surprised no one trys these days. I'm starting to wish I'd let them bulldoze it!!

jedi

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 10:11 PM »
so bushwacked, you started all this and others are now jumping on tailcoats ?

Moschops

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 10:36 PM »

If this is what people get for helping then I'm not surprised no one trys these days. I'm starting to wish I'd let them bulldoze it!!

Welcome to the world of BMX fella >:D

Your raised track is fine, shape the jumps and make a track that all age groups can enjoy. lets not forget that one of the fastest growing groups is the 6 and unders.

Let this tool go and dig in the woods :yahoo_silent:

Bushwacked

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 08:38 AM »
so bushwacked, you started all this and others are now jumping on tailcoats ?

Didn't really start it, but have worked bloody hard with various groups including the council to get where we are from where we were.

Shame you can't please all the people. It would have been great to have got what everyone wanted (or even what I wanted) out of this. But since no one has paid anything for this apart from me putting in a serious amount of my time we can't really complain as what we have is the beginnings of a new bike facility for everyone to ride.  :daumenhoch:

Moschops - Cheers, I've enjoyed the world of BMX especially being welcomed by the RAD family, shame this project has shown me another side of things.

the warden

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 09:37 PM »
CHELTBMX JAM  PITTVILLE PARK CHELTENHAM  JULY 4  2009
WILL BE A FUN DAY OUT , COME AND MEET US   AND ENJOY ARE  PARK AND HOSPITALITY  ITS  NOT ALL SALT IN THE VILLE ?
LIKE I SAID IV DRAWN A LINE UNDER THIS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TRY  UNDERSTAND MY POINT OF VEIW BE READING  THE THREADS ON CHELTBMX.COM

jedi

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 09:39 PM »
dont fookin shout!

Bushwacked

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 09:34 AM »
GC - I've not been on CheltBMX for a few weeks but I understand where you are coming from and you know I've been a big supporter of your ideas for the track. The digging out of the middles (or even half of them) became a BIG sticking point for the council with me stuck in the middle of them and you, I've just been trying to look on the positive side so I keep hold of my sanity.

Unfortunately the council have also drawn a line under it and disappointingly are saying they won't allow any major changes to go ahead before the end of the year. Looking on the bright side it allows the track to bed in while everyone really thinks about what the track would benefit from going forward and if needed we can look at options of how to fund any changes. The great thing is we have a track and hopefully (judging by the amount of people riding it so far) its here to stay!

We just need to pull together our thoughts on how to improve the track for phase 2, such as getting a surface of sorts laid down, bigger or different jumps and perhaps more of them better spaced and of course cutting off some of the surface to make the track flow more. We'll have to resubmit drawings and plans to support our suggestions to get the council to give it the OK, but I think this is a hassle that is more than worth it. We may even beable to convince the council to use a proper track builder next time!!!   ;)

As I said earlier it would be great to have your input for this.  :daumenhoch:

Everyone - As Thewarden says come down to the jam at Pittville on the 4th July - Its a great park so should be a good one and there are some scarily good riders down our way that are just mental to watch! 

synergy1968

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 10:55 PM »
Great to see you at the track tonight bush ! I hope i have given you some fath in an old school rider lolol ? We are not all that bad  >:D. Well looking frwd to nxt monday night and i will bring a shovel an implement consisting of a broad blade or scoop attached to a long handle,used for taking up,removing,or throwing loose matter.... :LolLolLolLol:...

the warden

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 10:37 PM »
yeh cool  bush .............................
 iv talked to baker he is down with it and has kinda talked me round .
i think iv thrown all my toys out of the pram now ,sulked and shouted enough .
im hoping to get up and have a dig as soon as my bus is finished , go easy on the lips as there is not  to much dirt to play with ? :rant:

Bushwacked

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 01:09 PM »
No worries GC - hope to catch up sometime soon.

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Track safety

gfxgfx
gfx gfx