gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 09:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Milton Keynes BMX action
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Milton Keynes BMX action  (Read 8259 times)

Steve Shindig

Milton Keynes BMX action
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:50 AM »
So I google-viewed the MK track and noticed that the amazing MK flood ditch thing was virtually next door?  Am I correct?  It looks like it from above.

Anyway, did anyone session this at last years MK meet?

Bettyswallocks

Re: Milton Keynes BMX action
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 01:27 PM »
I got told last year it was nearby, asked a few peeps where it was and just got blank looks...

Someone on ere mentioned riding it last year... nosepickben i think...  :-\

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Tim Ruck and his son went there to ride it about 3 weeks ago. They passed thro Oxford on their way.
They said they had a good time there.

kingkeef

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 08:51 PM »
What are you Lot talking about ......!!!!!
 :wtf:

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 09:15 PM »
The one near the track is the North side and its pretty Harsh. The South side it a bit mellower and better to ride.

Heres one of Tim Rucks Pics of the Southside ditch.

Steve Shindig

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 09:20 PM »
RAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 09:25 PM »
Ive only been to the North one, back in the mid 80s, and from memory it was very high on one side, tight at the bottom and hard to ride. But I was only about 12 at the time!

Ive looked on the Google map and the North one is SO close to the track, Im gutted I didnt go the last few times I went to the track. I will deff go the next time im there. I cant find the South ditch on Gmaps tho?

JT71

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 07:29 AM »
is this the south ditch? north side of cladicote lake?

laughinggravy

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 04:24 PM »
yep, that's the one, room for a bar-b and a swim in the lake after!

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Nice, I'm in MK a lot so will have a look soon.

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 07:54 PM »
yes its there ... i took my son and his mate to the MK track last saturday ...  :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 08:41 PM »
Cross the main road from the track & you shall find  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 01:42 AM »
Ive only been to the North one, back in the mid 80s, and from memory it was very high on one side, tight at the bottom and hard to ride. But I was only about 12 at the time!

Ive looked on the Google map and the North one is SO close to the track, Im gutted I didnt go the last few times I went to the track. I will deff go the next time im there. I cant find the South ditch on Gmaps tho?

I too rode the one near the track , in Bru's pic ^^^^^^ in 84/85/86 . It's pretty lairy , as Alex said high one side and low the other with if i remember correctly not much space at the bottom ! lol .

Joe , Caldicote lake is totally different place . Track is close to Willen lake . To get the Caldicote lake you go along Tongwell St ( outside track ) toward McD's/Tescos ( at Kingston ) , keep going past those then hang a right before you go straight over into housing estate ( Browns Wood or something ) . The road you've just hung right onto is bletcham way , follow it and that lake in pic you've posted is on the right .

;)

If any of that makes sense .........  :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 02:27 PM »
yeah but is that lake in my picture the location of the other, better to ride but not close to the track, drainage ditch?

I went to a drainage ditch with a skate board and a few decent skaters after a rave near MK once and we rode it, but i was a bit mashed so don't remember where it was....might not even have been MK.

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 03:13 PM »
yeah but is that lake in my picture the location of the other, better to ride but not close to the track, drainage ditch?

I went to a drainage ditch with a skate board and a few decent skaters after a rave near MK once and we rode it, but i was a bit mashed so don't remember where it was....might not even have been MK.

:LolLolLolLol:

Those kind of nights are the best  :LolLolLolLol:
I go past the one near the track a lot on my mtb (I live not too far from willen lake) & have ridden it a few times in the past, but it seems to get full of crap a lot more than it used to, as for the rounded off one, I think it is the Caldicote jobbie, there is also a few more in the various lakes & water runoffs round here, I'll have to go on a recon mission and get the info up for ditch riding radsters  :daumenhoch:

subversion

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 06:22 PM »
I'll have to go on a recon mission and get the info up for ditch riding radsters  :daumenhoch:

Masterplan dude :daumenhoch: lets get something organised & hit them ALL up >:D

subversion

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 02:27 PM »
That would be cool, I'd be up for watching :D the last time I did jumping into water on bikes was in Oxford many years ago & I got quite ill afterwards with suspected leptospyrosis :buck2: which turned out to be some other bug... John Pratt was coming up with some sick combos into the drink :daumenhoch:

I won the Lake Jumping comp @ the Malvern hills Classic in 1991.
1st Prize - a custom painted Etto helmet courtesy of Jo 'Mint Sauce' Burt:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 09:00 PM »
Well Tongwell lake across the way from me is a no go as it's covered in some brown stinkin' algae sh*te  :shocked: I've noticed most of them around here very shallow edges, something to do with being man made? Although the "action sports" part of willen lake might be a go'er, I'll try and get round them all in the next week or 2 and get back to you all with what's rideable  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Milton Keynes BMX action

gfxgfx
gfx gfx