gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  mongoose uk
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mongoose uk  (Read 1479 times)

gadd

mongoose uk
« on: May 22, 2009, 09:20 PM »
Did uk version off the supergoose only have 1 hole in the brake bridge . i have one with 3 holes in and thought all supergoose's were the same? thanks

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Re: mongoose uk
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 09:27 PM »
For the full lowdown on all things supergoose 3 mate you need to read this thread linked below - it's a must for any goose fan  :LolLolLolLol:

Be warned though it's a long one  :D

LINK : http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=17208.0
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

gadd

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 09:52 PM »
LONG ONE ! and still dont know  :idiot2:,uk one on ebay has one hole, mine has three holes usa, but the freewheel on the pro class wheels is made in france ?

tigerbrown

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 09:55 PM »
warned you :LolLolLolLol:

thats why they are a nightmare kidda :wtf: :wtf:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:24 PM by jackiebrown »

moanjam

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 10:08 PM »
warbed you :LolLolLolLol:

thats why they are a nightmare kidda :wtf: :wtf:
whats warbed like tiger ?? :LolLolLolLol:

tigerbrown

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 10:25 PM »
quick modification!!!

moanjam

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 10:28 PM »

gadd

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 10:48 PM »

moanjam

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 10:50 PM »
mad in france  :LolLolLolLol: too right

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 11:13 PM »
3 holed goose in your bottom pic is a "USA supergoose 3"  8)
I believe a few of these may have been originally imported to the UK for a limited time in '83 then after that we got the full chromo expert with supergoose decals and different parts spec such as renthal bars etc. and that then is the "UK Supergoose" with one hole in the bridge  ;)

.....The pro-class rims you have shown have a french freewheel but i'm not too sure what you're point is here mate - the freewheel is a consumable - it breaks - you change it - maybe the original one seized and the owner changed it at some point back in the day  :-\ Don't worry about the freewheel - anyways i can see the hub marking says suzue - This has been discussed before - I think the original USA spec was SR hubs but many people have Suzue on theirs so no worries.

So what's the deal are these parts yours? Are you trying to build a UK super rather than a USA  :shocked: Stick with the USA spec mate - fat pro-class size tubing  :smitten:

moanjam

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 11:18 PM »
what boba don't know about goose aint worth knowin gareth  ;) he's ya man if you have any questions

gadd

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 11:29 PM »
the frame number  is  I 3000928 , so would be 83?  i know what your saying about freewheel now (just new to this )thanks ,  

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 11:36 PM »
the frame number  is  I 3000928 , so would be 83?  i know what your saying about freewheel now (just new to this )thanks ,  

Yep '83 mate  :daumenhoch:

Hope you've got deep pockets mate - goose fever spreads rapidly  >:D  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 07:55 AM »
Hope you've got deep pockets mate - goose fever spreads rapidly  >:D  :LolLolLolLol:
Yep, they breed like bleedin' rabbits if you don't keep 'em in check......... :2funny: >:D

That's a US Supergoose 3 in your picture gadd - nice find :daumenhoch:

Spen

ps - John, the Minigoose has landed from the "special" paintshop - watch this space later and I'll get some pictures up but be warned - it's stunning :smitten: >:D
Still limping......

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 12:00 PM »
ps - John, the Minigoose has landed from the "special" paintshop - watch this space later and I'll get some pictures up but be warned - it's stunning :smitten: >:D

Can't wait mate  :coolsmiley:

:daumenhoch:

moanjam

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 12:08 PM »
Yep, they breed like bleedin' rabbits if you don't keep 'em in check......... :2funny: >:D

That's a US Supergoose 3 in your picture gadd - nice find :daumenhoch:

Spen

imight have said this before somewhere but i really do ,

LOVE OWT LIKE THIS ME LIKE

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Can't wait mate  :coolsmiley:

John - I slung it together this morning with a few spare bits for effect, but I think you'll get the picture. I'll post on here when it's finished (got a bit of polishing to do and swap the bars, hence no grips), but massive thanks to Del (as always!) and Neil for sorting the paint out, but here's my daughter's MiniClass to go with her dad's full size ProClass :smitten: :smitten:

Hope you like it - I can assure you, it looks better in real life mate. Oh, you might recognise the padset :angel:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:50 AM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 07:03 PM »
This is the original thread that started the debate and the one you need to find out all the facts.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=17064.0

As far as i know the uk supergoose was built in late 1984 and is reviewed in BMX ACTION BIKE DEC 84 ISSUE. Upto this point  the uk was just the usa goose shiped over from the states. But in 1984 Mongoose USA stopped making the supergoose so ammaco/mongoose uk did there own version, uk supergoose 3. It was better spec than the USA version with MX 1000 Brakes. renthal bars and so on. The UK bike also had better geormatry than the older USA supergoose with higher BB for better track clearence and was also lighter than the USA supergoose because it has smaller tubing.

If you follow the thread you should be able to find this out, its a classic by the way and i think we should make it a sticky as it a subject that comes up time and time again  :daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 08:28 PM »
Lovin the mini-class spen  8) genius  :daumenhoch:

Nice seeing the Dad & Daughter bikes side by side  ;)

Worked out well with those pads too  ;D

JimmyP - that was the thread i was lookin for - well in mate  :daumenhoch: I thought it was already a sticky and pulled that other one out... pah wrong thread  ::)

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  mongoose uk

gfxgfx
gfx gfx