gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 01:00 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  LATEST NEWS FROM HUTCHBMX.COM
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LATEST NEWS FROM HUTCHBMX.COM  (Read 1451 times)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
LATEST NEWS FROM HUTCHBMX.COM
« on: May 20, 2009, 01:43 PM »
LATEST NEWS FROM HUTCHBMX.COM (below, in Beige  :daumenhoch:)

Looks like some new stuff on its way, inc New Aerospeeds  :)

The 2009 Rockford Vintage BMX show is almost here! This is the first year that a manufacturer's award will be presented, so be sure to bring your favorite to try for the Best Hutch trophy. If you need any last-minute details such as decals, please order them this week to make sure you will get them in time for the show.

Price update: the chrome Hutch ZAP Pads have been permanently reduced in price by half to only $79.95! As you may know, the chrome material is expensive and very difficult to acquire. There is only one company that makes it, and they have a patented process for applying the chrome. My ability to reduce the price is directly relative to being able to acquire more material to facilitate a second order for pads, whereas previously I was not sure if it would be possible. The second batch will also include CW Racing and the ZAP Pads lightning bolt designs, all at the new low price.

Product update: colored Hutch pedals have arrived! Hutch Bear Trap pedals are now available with the following body colors: black, white, Hutch pink, Hutch lavender, Hutch baby blue, candy red, and candy blue. The following additional cage colors are also available: candy red, and candy blue.
Because of the limitless array of possible color combo's, all assembled Hutch pedals come standard with silver cages, with optional colored cages sold separately. All powder by C4, so you know it's an accurate match and done right. Look for these to be added to the site sometime in the next week or so. Here's a few tips:

black-on-black looks real tough

white is the hottest color in BMX right now, and the white body looks awesome with every cage color offered

pink, lavender, and baby blue is a perfect match for that Hollywood or Trick Star

candy red and candy blue is for you guys who go all "show"

News for all you parents: I am currently strongly considering the development of smaller mini and junior-sized parts. One of the latest projects I am working on in-house is a brand new Hutch Aerospeed crank set, machined from billet 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum for 170mm and smaller sizes.
These will coincide with the release of the 4130 chromoly Aerospeed cranks, which will be offered in 175mm and 180mm length. The 4130 cranks will feature a 48-spline spindle, and the 7075 cranks will incorporate a standard square spindle design. Hutch Mini Bear Traps are also in the works for those parents who prefer to keep their kids unclipped at the track.

Thanks to everyone who has registered or purchased from the site. I appreciate your support!

John De Bruin
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: LATEST NEWS FROM HUTCHBMX.COM
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 02:06 PM »
Are you on comission Matt ? .................  ;D

Sparky24

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 02:15 PM »
has anyone bought the beartraps, including shipping what was the total in £? i think i might treat myself :smitten:

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 02:24 PM »
pm - glen

though from what he told me they have a glitch on their site which has fixed the sterling exchange rate which meant they were cheaper than were meant to be....

everyone is very happy with them from what i have heard.

Sparky24

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 02:28 PM »
many thanx mate :daumenhoch:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 02:42 PM »
has anyone bought the beartraps, including shipping what was the total in £? i think i might treat myself :smitten:

i paid 95 GBP plus 8 quid shipping for mine, no customs duty either !! That was at the 2:1 exchange rate though  8)

They are nice, but I've not used em yet.... still deciding which ride they's for.... ::)
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Are you on comission Matt ? .................  ;D

I wish I was old bean, but alas........not  :(
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 10:16 PM »

... still deciding which ride they's for.... ::)

Piranha ?

sweetbeats

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 10:36 PM »

... still deciding which ride they's for.... ::)

Piranha ?

;D

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 10:41 PM »
i remember the days not so long back when the septics were dead set against any type of repo "sander speeds" biagio`s euro speeds ect ect  ... now look first the great OM bangin out the so called nos wing bars ... now JB bangin out replica hutch toys back havnt seen any threads slating this.. suprise suprise  ::) ...

sweetbeats

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 10:52 PM »
I think it should all be left alone and not re-popped.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 10:58 PM »
i remember the days not so long back when the septics were dead set against any type of repo "sander speeds" biagio`s euro speeds ect ect  ... now look first the great OM bangin out the so called nos wing bars ... now JB bangin out replica hutch toys back havnt seen any threads slating this.. suprise suprise  ::) ...

it inevitable though.....shame really as some of the rarest and most coveted items are now about to be mass produced and sold out cheaply...

but demand and supply....he's only doing what others have done, and at least the quality should be something like, if the pedals are anything to go by..

long term, dont think it will affect anything...

hasnt affected the price of the original pedals has it?

see, tis all fluffy after all.....

magna13

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Would love a set of those Aerospeeds :smitten: bet im not gonna love the price though :-\ :-\

sweetbeats

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 11:29 PM »
I agree it doesn't seem to effect anything J.T and see the point of making the classics available to the masses..I don't have a problem with re-pops just think it should be left alone...won't lose any sleep over it and good luck to JB and the like.

I might start re-popping toadstool grips and the world famous FUAN's i'll drop you a PM soon as they leave the factory floor ;)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:35 PM by sweetbeats™ »

sweetbeats

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Did anyone buy the repops Biaggio was knocking out?
How close where they to the originals? Not seen a proper pic of them.

dialledbikes

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I assume the new Hutch stuff is rideable not just for show bikes, so if people treat it for what it is - i.e. new school retro - it shouldn't affect the old stuff.

No one would seriously ride on any of the real/old Hutch stuff (a) cos it would probably break; and (b) it's worth a lot to collectors.  So this new Hutch stuff fills a gap in the market for people who still want to keep it old school/retro in looks, but know their pedals/cranks aren't gonna break.

Saying that though, wasn't someone on here on about sending their pedals back cos summat was wrong with em?

scott250

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 03:04 PM »
I just want to see the frames/forks they are going to make - be good if they made replica o/s version and a new ridable newschool version 21.5tt etc ,,, i'd be tempted, always wanted a hutch as a kid.

You can keep the bear traps and siver pads ;D

that pic of Tim Judge knocking out a 1foot table over the team hutch was on my wall for ever -

ahh, just found it on google images¬

BMX as it gets...

Watching riders like him made me want to ride and jump trails

dialledbikes

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 04:32 PM »
I just want to see the frames/forks they are going to make - be good if they made replica o/s version and a new ridable newschool version 21.5tt etc ,,, i'd be tempted, always wanted a hutch as a kid.

I don't really see the point in replica OS if it's not designed to be ridden (still plenty of proper Hutches out there for collecting).  It would be cool to see a new school take on Hutch (i.e. old school flavour, new school technology/durability).

That pic is rad.  Timmy Judge was one of the most stylish riders ever.

mattnice

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Thats not a 1 foot table  its a judge

gossa

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 10:22 PM »

Eh? A judge is like a Leary, just more 'judge like' and not to be confused with a  'Crews'.

baldbmxer

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 10:41 PM »

Eh? A judge is like a Leary, just more 'judge like' and not to be confused with a  'Crews'.

:LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 02:15 AM »
The Judge Don't Budge  :smitten:
Neither does Mr Leary  :4_17_5:
Rare Old School Components are steeped so deep in dreams and history to ever recapture what it really felt like with re pop parts fresh off a production line.
It will never be the same...nearest I got to hutch as a boy was the one my dad made for my pet rabbit-HUTCH was way too elusive in my neck of the woods hence the deep
[H] appreciation that has built up in my swede over the years :-[
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:29 AM by sweetbeats™ »

scott250

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 09:38 AM »

:P

What ever you want call it, its a stylish variation.  Cannot do one myself, just the regular table

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  LATEST NEWS FROM HUTCHBMX.COM

gfxgfx
gfx gfx