gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 01:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Barnstaple skatepark just opened
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Barnstaple skatepark just opened  (Read 2493 times)

333337lee

Barnstaple skatepark just opened
« on: April 27, 2009, 11:23 AM »
on my home from work yesterday I heard some loud hip hop coming from the park so I went to investigate

this is what I found. :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Vans had a DJ & rapper and some skate pros also some quality bmxers were there

I had heard about the council building a new skate park a few years ago but didn't think it was going to be this good

I haven't been on a ramp for over 20yrs and so didn't try anything bit too crowded for me

had to use my phone as I didn't have my camera

I see someone has set up a blog

http://barnstaplesgravitypark.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-02-09T16%3A22%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7

333337lee

Re: Barnstaple skatepark just opened
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 01:37 PM »
went there last friday only had about an hour or so to get there and back

I took my US made 90's PK Ripper (pale blue with black skyways) I stood out a bit approaching 40 with a mountain bike helmet on

everyone else seemed much younger and the place was packed I started to feel nervous as I've not been on a concrete skatepark and didn't know what to expect.

Then it rained and the 2 bmxers who were very good took shelter and the skateborders all moved back so I had it to myself for 15 mins or so. It was like an ice rink but I loved it nearly fell off a few times after it dried up I new some of the lines a bit better and wasn't worried riding in amongst the others. I went back on 2 or 3 more times then went home knackered

the next couple of days my arms were aching but I'll go again when I get the time.

wish I had access to one of these when I was 14 didn't have the fear back then!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: 

333337lee

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I'm going to try my 85 skyway street beat next  :daumenhoch:

evamedia

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:21 PM »
Buy a NS bike if you're going to ride, that old stuff flex's too much

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:46 PM »
Holy sh1t, that SMP in Shanghai is summat else ain it!

Sorry, off topic but I noticed it on your link and googled it - WOW!

Daz.

http://www.smpskatepark.com/index.htm
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 04:11 AM »
 :daumenhoch: props, mate   :daumenhoch:  i to have got the fear its like bitd when the good kid on the haro master turned up at the track  ;) , sit down and watch, and yes the beard and beer belly gives them the right to mock you  >:D, pop a 4ft high table 360 fly out and they stop, id go with evamedia buy a newie for the park even the cheap ones are a lot better than what we remember as cheap bike, plus you dont want to dink the classics, i ride a mid 90's Heavy Tools STINGER, young uns dont get why it looks odd, most of em have never seen race geometary on bmx ? old but safe reliable components goes straight over there heads, even more suprising to em is the fact that most of the bike is older than they are, so, get the fear as often as you can , i gona do the same this summer
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:14 AM by oldtired »

333337lee

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 01:55 PM »
I went yesterday in the rain super slipery but only had the whole park to myself  :daumenhoch:

I've just cobbled together a well rusty part stripped s&m PBR. (looks like it spent some time underwater).

I bought it for £3 last year and have hand painted it with kurust just to stop it getting worse If I like it I may powder coat it

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 02:11 PM »
pics of rusty lad then?, if it rolls ride it  :daumenhoch:

333337lee

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 08:02 PM »
heres rusty
Lee

had to use odd cranks to get chainline and not hit frame on other side.

check out the seatclamp I only used bits already in my garage.

I have loads of old school seat clamps but no 25.4mm I think this may catch on what could I attatch to it maybe some matching rusty panniers

see me on dragons den

took it to the skatepark on my way home from work nice and responsive front comes up really easily and seems ideal for manuals

getting closer to powdercoating and properly building it up

unless of course I get a great offer £££  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 02:45 PM »
get it clear coted and leave it as is,   :D  seat clamp mod sweet :daumenhoch: put a piece of cut up old bars in and use it as a platform , frame stand kick turns, boost your status to guru down the park   :LolLolLolLol:, offer,, ?   priceless  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Barnstaple skatepark just opened

gfxgfx
gfx gfx