gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975660 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 14, 2024, 03:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Nothern Series, mixin the motos?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nothern Series, mixin the motos?????  (Read 2042 times)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Nothern Series, mixin the motos?????
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:10 AM »
with so many riders attending each race now, how do we approach getting the motos mixed up? it doesn't feel as tho the end result will be a true result as there are riders, i for one, have not yet raced against this season, Dan n Bren who i travel down with to name but 2  :idiot2:. its practicaly a day of 3 seperate races and sometimes 4, apart from the end results, it was all part of the fun gettin down n dirty with all who attend.  What do you dudes think? would a few emails from the riders to british cycling (or whoever) make this happen, as we are the biggest group at each meeting, which should at least hold some clout  ::)

whats your opinions, and how/who do we contact to make this happen if you agree?

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Nothern Series, mixin the motos?????
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:14 AM »
When I went down to Dagenham they did this in the Southern Series, obviously they were getting more Old Skool Riders than they are now...

But I liked it... it made it more fun for me... riding against almost everyone in the same class.

I think its a great idea Daz... but I feel it may fall on deaf ears in the North... who knows though if we don't ask.

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:21 AM »
We've had this discussion before.  I totally agree.

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 09:24 AM »
in the south we use the BCF computer system that automatically mixes all the motos up, when we came to crewe it was the first time that I had raced all the same guys at one meeting.   Did feel a bit weird.   But think we are just used to it being done that way.   

At crewe they hand wrote all the moto sheets - is that normal?

Sounds like you need to get on to the clubs/BCF.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 09:26 AM »
it would be good for ALL the northern riders to hoy an email their way, who exactly would we contact? and how many would actually send an email?

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Surely Roger would be the first point of call?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 09:29 AM »
in the south we use the BCF computer system that automatically mixes all the motos up, when we came to crewe it was the first time that I had raced all the same guys at one meeting.   Did feel a bit weird.   But think we are just used to it being done that way.   

At crewe they hand wrote all the moto sheets - is that normal?

Sounds like you need to get on to the clubs/BCF.

yep usually handwritten, but it can't be that much more work for one class to mix em up, otherwise the results at the end of this season with so many gates will mean nothing, more or less

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 09:29 AM »
I deffo agree, makes it so much more interesting. I'm sure I've been to one race up north that did it. Was it Leeds winter regional?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Surely Roger would be the first point of call?

we'll wait n see responses to this thread n take it from there then dude, cheers  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I deffo agree, makes it so much more interesting. I'm sure I've been to one race up north that did it. Was it Leeds winter regional?

We had some last summer too!!

So they have done it before!!

But do they use computers now?   I think its all worked out by hand!!

My moto was stacked with riders who I had never beaten before in any race!!

So I knew that it would be hard to progress!!

I did beat Betty 3 out of 4 times though.......which was nice!! :)

And Ade in the D final!!  ;D

Plus the riders with 7 on the gate had a slight advantage!!

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 09:55 AM »
We only use the 'puters down here, it normally runs like clock work but at last years Gosport Regional the mice stopped turning the cogs and the whole meeting ran about 2 hours over while we waited for them to get another.....

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 10:34 AM »
The dude who used to do it on PC has stopped going to races, think his lad quit or moved to MX

It would be good to start it again  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 10:56 AM »
its only our class that requires this, so it can't be that difficult to sort out surely?

Big Wheels

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 12:00 PM »

The North Region has gone through a number of computers which end up knackered because of dust etc. Ian used to work the computer but as rightly stated somewhere has not been attending the racing. At the North Regional meeting it was agreed by all the clubs that attended the meeting that the summer series would be run using manual moto sheets.  Bearing in mind that it is usually about 3 people who do all the administration for the racing, and when asked they said that it is easier for them to use the sheets.  Whether it is liked or not the volunteers that run the events should have some say in how it is run or it may not be run at all.

Roger was at the meeting and pushed the computerised system which was also agreed to be looked into for the future but as the North Region has no computer.....the races are run by the North region not by BCF so writing to Roger would not help.

Anyone that has attended a Midlands event will know how temperamental the computerised system can be with many of their events not starting till after 2 pm, due to waiting for sheets to be produced.

The answer would be for more volunteers to help with the administration and running of events which would then give more time to do the things you are asking until then the small band do the best they can.

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 12:12 PM »
Fair comment.

So whose wife is going to volunteer??  :D :D :D

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 12:47 PM »

In my experience it's usually the people pushing the buttons on the computer that makes them temperamental  :D

Anyway Dex is a big wig in the computer game, I'm sure he can sort out these dodgy computers  ;)     

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 01:39 PM »
I hate computers me.

moomin

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 08:11 AM »
As Crooch has said the BEM system is used down here and although it can be termpramental at times it works fine and is fairly simple to use.  That said it requires each club to have trained personnel to assist at races and thats where you have your problem.  Why not volunteer yourselves or offer to hand write the Old School sheets until the end of the season, I'm sure it will gain you guys much more respect whithin the region than moaning on here about what a good job the very few volunteers are doing  :angel:

Moley usually has everyone pre registered so why not offer the region sheets prepared by you guys, rotation sorted, less work for the already over worked volunteers and everyones happy  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Is there anyway I can get hold of the software to have a play on it?

If its easy enough then I might be up for volunteering.................

moomin

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 01:43 PM »
Is there anyway I can get hold of the software to have a play on it?

If its easy enough then I might be up for volunteering.................

If you speak to the Region i'm sure that if you're going to volunteer then they will put you forwarde for the BEM course  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Nothern Series, mixin the motos?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx