gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  greg hill... uk 40+ ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: greg hill... uk 40+ ?  (Read 2331 times)

SEARLE

greg hill... uk 40+ ?
« on: May 17, 2009, 09:45 PM »

looking at this recent pic of greg hill racing,wondered how he would do in uk 40+?? against jon moore etc..!! ::)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:20 PM by RATTY »

spillers#1

Re: greg hill... uk 40+ ?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:07 PM »
thought that was steve keech for a minute  ;)  :D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Jon Moore would kick his arse. Even Bill would I reckon. :daumenhoch:

Not sure Spillers would be up to the job though.  :LolLolLolLol:

kdubbmx

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 10:43 PM »
He kicked my ass first time round and i'm sure he still would!!  :4_17_5:

Thing is he wouldnt be 40-44 he'd be 45+.

SEARLE

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 11:18 PM »
He kicked my ass first time round and i'm sure he still would!!  :4_17_5:

Thing is he wouldnt be 40-44 he'd be 45+.
hi keith,when did you race him? kelloggs? or in the states?? need i ask how fast he was in his prime!  :)

kdubbmx

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 08:11 AM »
I think he was past his prime by the Kelloggs. His peak years (that i saw) were 82/83.

I have to admit i didnt actually race him as he was pro & i was 15 expert when i was there but i travelled/hung out with a team mate of his so we got a lot of track time together & in practice he was an animal!  :2gunsfiring_v1:

The sheer number of races they did in a year was frightening! Every weekend + most wednesday nights as well!  :shocked:

In 82 he won most of them & the depth of talent in pro then was unbelievable

But come the main he was always on a mission & the only way to make him lose would be to kill him!!!

On his day he was simply unbeatable, a machine. 100% focused.

There were quicker looking riders but put them next to him and he would show you who was going quickest  :coolsmiley:

dialledbikes

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 09:03 AM »
Would love to see Greg Hill race against the current 40+.  I have no idea how he rides these days, but he was class in his younger days, and I think class is permanent, even if fitness and a fully working body aren't.

I'm sure Greg would still be able to hold his own.

Did anything happen with the Greg Hill Speed Seminar at MK this year?

wolfybmx

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:30 AM »
45+ cruiser racing gregg hill would love too

SEARLE

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 11:36 AM »
I think he was past his prime by the Kelloggs. His peak years (that i saw) were 82/83.

I have to admit i didnt actually race him as he was pro & i was 15 expert when i was there but i travelled/hung out with a team mate of his so we got a lot of track time together & in practice he was an animal!  :2gunsfiring_v1:

The sheer number of races they did in a year was frightening! Every weekend + most wednesday nights as well!  :shocked:

In 82 he won most of them & the depth of talent in pro then was unbelievable

But come the main he was always on a mission & the only way to make him lose would be to kill him!!!

On his day he was simply unbeatable, a machine. 100% focused.

There were quicker looking riders but put them next to him and he would show you who was going quickest  :coolsmiley:
i agree keith.82-83 when he was with gt were his best.watched  his pro main gate at the jag world champs(joe kid on a sting ray dvd) the amount of push from his snap is incredible! u can see how focused he was from the glare in his eyes!! scarey! ???
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:47 AM by SEARLE »

Dennis Dain

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 06:03 AM »
 Greg had a HUGE amount of talent as a kid, as a young adult, and even now as an adult. When you combine that talent with his focus he was extremely fast. I do not think he has been away from a BMX bike for any length of time in his whole life.

I can attest to the fact that he still has mad skills on his bike. He raced a handfull of Nationals last year and did very well. He still does his Speed Seminars around the states and is an outstanding teacher. He has decided that teaching and managing GHP is far more important than racing.

He is such a fun guy to be around these days. I am spoiled t be able to call him whenever I want. I can text him in the middle of the day with just one word and we have a laugh.

I am not familiar with the racers you mention in this thread, but if they are fast enough to be compared to Greg I am envious of thier talent. It is awsome that anyone as an adult can compete on todays tracks as they are so technical.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 07:36 AM »
Jon Moore would kick his arse. Even Bill would I reckon. :daumenhoch:

Not sure Spillers would be up to the job though.  :LolLolLolLol:

BLASPHEMY  :knuppel2:

This is Greg Hill we're talking about  :4_17_5:

tut tut tut  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  greg hill... uk 40+ ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx