gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 07:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Torker Freestylist now finished
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Torker Freestylist now finished  (Read 1410 times)

g_lamb

Torker Freestylist now finished
« on: May 17, 2009, 12:46 PM »
My first build so please be gentle.

I know it's not original spec but I'm not that fussed with this one as I don't have the Freestylist Original Forks  :'(

Anyways, I'm Fooking well chuffed with it  :D

Hope the Rad site owner doesn't mind but I "borrowed" the radbmx.co.uk logo as a little touch by the seat post....  8)

The "Torker" decals are a bit sh*tty as I didn't really spend any time on tarting them up in Adobe Fireworks. These are just temporary to put something on the bike until I can sort something out with Del

Going to let SBD work his magic  :4_17_5:

I'll keep it White and contemplating a Clear Starburst over the top

Not sure when I'll chat with SBD as I have a thing about the Forks. Not entirely happy with them but not sure what to do. Prob landing Gear originals if they'll fit  :-\

Parts List

Frame: 1984 Torker Freestylist
Forks: Landing Gear copy (Possibly)
Wheels: Skyway Tuff II (Alloy hubs)
Tyres: Teckno (Comp 3 Tread)
Rear Sprocket: Dicta
Bottom Bracket: YST Sealed
Crank: Diamond Back
Chainring: Sugino (40T)
Chainring Bolts: Sugino
Chainring Spider: Sugino
Pedals: Shimano SX
Brake Calipers: Dia Compe MX 901’s
Brake Pads: Fatality
Brake Cables: Dia Compe
Brake Levers: Dia Compe MX Tech IV’s (Possibly)
Headset: YST Sealed
Detangler: Gyro 2 (To Be Fitted)
Detangler Cables: Blank, White, Upper & Lower (To Be Fitted)
Handle Bar Stem: Haro Fusion
Handle Bars: Haro Kneesavers 2K
Handle Bar Grips: Oakley F1 (Originals)
Seat Post Clamp: Unknown (Possibly Renthal, It has an “R” on it…)
Seat Post: Haro Fusion Half Lay Back
Seat: Dominator (Not Viscount)
Decals: Custom (By Me)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:20 PM by g_lamb »

dan-dare

Re: Torke Freestylist pretty much finished
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Nice one dude. Have you tried an endo yet?? :daumenhoch:

g_lamb

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 01:12 PM »
Nice one dude. Have you tried an endo yet?? :daumenhoch:

Having trouble with the rear sprocket so no gogo  :'(

I bought a Dicta but when I went to fit it yesterday I couldn't work out which way 'round it went on (I assume stamped/embossed side faces outwards  :-[) On this basis I couldn't work out how to tighten it and it also seemed to want to "undo" if I were to pedal  :-[

dan-dare

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 01:16 PM »
Should just screw on to the hub bud. :daumenhoch:

g_lamb

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 12:41 PM »
OK, OK I get it. I'm guessing no-one likes me and/or the bike....  :'(

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Its very rare to see  a freestylist with the correct forks .The freestylist also has a 5" headtubde .......

Its looking good BTW  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

neiljonarcus

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 04:45 PM »
what a lovely looking bike  .me  i  love white and red  on a bmx  ......... sorry but  i dont  like the white tyres  never been able to get away with white tyres 

but the  bike is amazing  and closer shots  please ?       :4_17_5:       :4_17_5:

g_lamb

Re: Torker Freestylist now finished
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 02:47 PM »
Thought I'd have a spin on this for the 1st time on Sunday so used it to go to see me lil' bruv. It felt a bit weird after 25 years and the last few years on an MTB and was fooking knackered an all. Anyways, had a couple of tinnies when I got there (as you do...  :D). Arranged an inpromptu  bbq so I needed to zip home and sort out a few bits out (food, more beer....  :daumenhoch:).

Got within 100m of home and thought "... I know, I'll do a bunny hop (the one where you lift front wheel followed by rear wheel, rather than both wheels together). Can't do any harm...". Well what a TW*T I turned out to be. The front end of the bike came up rather quickly, proceeded by the back end coming flying up and away from me (bike was a lot lighter than I remember 25 years ago).  I carried on forwards and went hurtling into the ground and the bike came tumbling down on top of me  :(

Hands are cut to Fook with one of me fingers fractured (As far as I can tell. I couldn't be bothered with A&E over something like that). I've banged up me left knee and shoulder as well  :-[

To add insult to injury I've trashed my original Oakley F1 grips and a couple of other bits  :'(

Still, hasn't put me off. Have gone and bought some proper protective equipment since skin isn't up to the job. I don't "bounce" as well as I used  ::)

Still. Has it's perks. Gotta out of all sorts of chores for the next few weeks...  :daumenhoch:

The moral of the story is. No. You can't pick up weher you left off 25+ years ago  :uglystupid2:

You're all officially licensed to laff ur b*ll*x off or take the p*ss out of me for one day, starting from now. After that I get violent ... Well, once I'm mended that is!  ;D

Ne1 got any Red with White Oakley F1 Grips?  :-\

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 02:50 PM »
Quality, i had a simliar incident pulling a wheelie for the kids on our street, how i shamed my two boys only time will tell  :LolLolLolLol:

magna13

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Looks like its been a nice resto job :daumenhoch: the bike looks crackin' and those alloy tuff's just add to the good work, well done :daumenhoch:

trasher

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 10:20 PM »
Thought I'd have a spin on this for the 1st time on Sunday so used it to go to see me lil' bruv. It felt a bit weird after 25 years and the last few years on an MTB and was fooking knackered an all. Anyways, had a couple of tinnies when I got there (as you do...  :D). Arranged an inpromptu  bbq so I needed to zip home and sort out a few bits out (food, more beer....  :daumenhoch:).

Got within 100m of home and thought "... I know, I'll do a bunny hop (the one where you lift front wheel followed by rear wheel, rather than both wheels together). Can't do any harm...". Well what a TW*T I turned out to be. The front end of the bike came up rather quickly, proceeded by the back end coming flying up and away from me (bike was a lot lighter than I remember 25 years ago).  I carried on forwards and went hurtling into the ground and the bike came tumbling down on top of me  :(

Hands are cut to Fook with one of me fingers fractured (As far as I can tell. I couldn't be bothered with A&E over something like that). I've banged up me left knee and shoulder as well  :-[

To add insult to injury I've trashed my original Oakley F1 grips and a couple of other bits  :'(

Still, hasn't put me off. Have gone and bought some proper protective equipment since skin isn't up to the job. I don't "bounce" as well as I used  ::)

Still. Has it's perks. Gotta out of all sorts of chores for the next few weeks...  :daumenhoch:

The moral of the story is. No. You can't pick up weher you left off 25+ years ago  :uglystupid2:

You're all officially licensed to laff ur b*ll*x off or take the p*ss out of me for one day, starting from now. After that I get violent ... Well, once I'm mended that is!  ;D

Ne1 got any Red with White Oakley F1 Grips?  :-\

:2funny: :idiot2: :LolLolLolLol:

and you want to meet up ,,,should be a cracking laugh  ;)

last year i was going down the the mall in london on the charity bike ride last year ,,,and as you went along the course

there was people commentating on the ride with loud speakers ,,,they asked us to do wheelies ,which i did ,,,and flipped it
in front of several hundred people  :-[ :2funny:

it happens to the best of us mate ,,,,oh and the bikes looking sweet mate  :daumenhoch:

g_lamb

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 01:41 PM »

Deano

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Very nice bike dude ;)

I had an experience not so long ago and my knee is still recovering ;D and my grips never will :'(

Back to basics :LolLolLolLol:

the_wheelie_king

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 07:51 PM »
I got an idea on the grips. Didn't Oakley do little plastic plug things that screw into the bar ends? They'll be a cool way of covering up you handiwork  ;)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 02:22 AM »
sorry i missed  the deadline but    :LolLolLolLol:, been out tday up the woods on an alloy racer just put together, used to a mid school tank , so hit the first bomb hole, sored like Harry Leary out the other side, till i hit the dirt with me face, realy should know better, backs fooked , the missus dont aprove of the skabby chin either,i remember being more bouncy too, +1 on the ally tuffs , proper  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Torker Freestylist now finished

gfxgfx
gfx gfx