gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hersden summer series 2006?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hersden summer series 2006?????  (Read 3234 times)

jazzyje

hersden summer series 2006?????
« on: February 23, 2006, 11:45 AM »
just to let you know that the summer series in Hersden looks very much in doubt.tony and i have spent the last couple of weeks sorting out the dates but we feel unable to commit to the series for the following reasons.
   the youth centre manager is leaving.he has been off sick for what seems like an age and going off to Barbados for 3 weeks while off sick has'nt helped his cause.read into that what you will.
   it has been impossible to get anything sorted for this reason.
   the track is in dire need of a resurface and we cannot(in my opinion) race there until this is done.with alan leaving i dont know what the new blokes plans for the track will be.he may want to flatten it and put another tennis court on it for all i know.unless we have full support both financial and physical its basically impossible to make plans as yet.there has been talk of a race in the summer to tie in with the village fete but this is still in the pipeline.as soon as a new manager has been appointed i will arrange a meeting and discuss his plans and layout what we would like to do.
   if the possibility is there to have a race series this year tony and i will do our best to put it on, but like i said,we have to have the youth club behind us.if only from the insurance side of things.
   as we go into march i think theres just to many things up in the air to risk committing ourselves to a full race series at this time.
we will continue to take the hersden lads to the regionals and tony will be a regular on the mic at races this year.i will keep you updated as and when things happen.thank you for your support over the last 2 years and i hope to have better news very soon.justin.  :-\

MeddlE

Re: hersden summer series 2006?????
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 01:24 PM »
That's fairly bad news Justin, I hope the new guy is receptive to the burgeoning sport that is BMX racing and that we get a chance to have another fine season at my favourite track.  Thanks for keeping us in the picture though.

Is the Youth Centre Managers position open to applications? 

jazzyje

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 01:39 PM »
dont know,all i know that is he's going.

wolfybmx

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 03:31 PM »
all the promises the youth centre promised were just hot air it seems. a smack in the face to the event sponsers of last year as well

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 03:54 PM »
This is all bad news.  Hopefully the new Youth Club manager will have the foresight to see what can be achieved down there.  Any idea what it would cost to get the track resurfaced and could it be done by a weekend working party and some plant (I think there's a contact amongst the Hersden regulars who might be able to assist in this respect).  Keep us posted Justin and we'll all keep our fingers crossed that it's good news.  Humps

wolfybmx

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 04:14 PM »
be nice to have a track like dagenham down here on the coast then im sure bmx will be very popular here

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 07:10 PM »
I think it's great that your helping out the locals Justin, but you can only take so many to races can't you. Hersden needs that track as it was so popular with the local community down there.
I hope the new guy is receptive to BMX in the East Kent region and that perhaps a tie in with Herne Bay will be on the cards again now that Alan is out of the picture.
If you need any manual labour though give me a shout, I've had so much fun at the track this year that I would see it as giving something back.

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 07:16 PM »
Sad news :( . I enjoyed my time there, and popped my race cherry there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and the locals.

stegs

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Poor form  :(
I'm getting back into BMX and living in North Kent I was looking for local tracks. (My son is involved with the Dagenham track not too far away).

People must realise that things for young people to do are positive for the community, lets hope they keep the track and maximise its potential. I'll keep on the look out for news, good luck.

Buckmore Bat

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 09:05 PM »
 Its a shame  :( this has happened to a great family track and club, i hope it can get going again.
Hersden has been a brilliant place to start racing especially for the little people,  with no massive mounds of earth to frighten them and put them off before they start.
 I had a great year there on my return to the sport last year and hope we can all go racing there again in the not to distant future.

Heres hoping

MeddlE

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 09:44 PM »
Count me in as one of the little people, BAD is a scary track.  I like Hersden more.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 09:56 PM »
What a shame :'(

I was hoping to try and make it to one or two races during this summer to give Kev a rest from being last ;) ;D

jazzyje

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 09:59 PM »
all the promises the youth centre promised were just hot air it seems. a smack in the face to the event sponsers of last year as well
 it would seem the case wolfy.i tend to take people at face value until they show me different and certainly had a lot more patience with him than most.its not all bad though as the community warden has been in touch wanting the dates we had arranged.she is in regular contact with youth leaders and is very pro bmx(warlocks sister).
   i dont think its a case of the bmx track being bulldozed its just that this transition period could take a while and i am certainly not in a position to fund a resuface of the track.they know that we are willing to continue with the work we have done so the ball is in their court now.justin.

wolfybmx

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 10:05 PM »
no one would expect any one to fund the resurfacing of this track its down to the officials of this site to maintain its facilities. you have done plenty to ensure meetings are well organised go ahead smoothly. your a top man  :angel:

Buckmore Bat

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 10:39 PM »
yeah i agree TOP MAN  :4_17_5:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 10:50 PM »
I think it's safe to say that Hersden would have been what it was last year without Justin and a select few others devoting so much time to it. Without you guy's I wouldn't have had such a great years racing last year.

kamodo

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 08:53 AM »
 Bmx needs more people like you Justin, Im the same as Zippy if I can help on a Saturday just let me know well in advance,as Im not that local.....was looking forward to riding my OS Robinson there this year.

Just think if all that  childish ranting and negativaty on Bmx Talk was put to good use, British BMX would have more Hersdens.

MeddlE

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 12:47 PM »
I think it's safe to say that Hersden would have been what it was last year without Justin and a select few others devoting so much time to it. Without you guy's I wouldn't have had such a great years racing last year.

I'm pretty sure you meant to say that "Hersden wouldn't have been what it was". 

Fingers crossed for a good result.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 02:26 PM »
yup, Justin is indeed the face of east kent bmx and along with mc Ton' i doubt hersden would have become what it is without them.

i hope it gets sorted  :daumenhoch:

russ

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 05:34 PM »
yup, Justin is indeed the face of east kent bmx
  :wtf:

russ

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 07:00 PM »
be nice to have a track like dagenham down here on the coast then im sure bmx will be very popular here

Hopfully It wont be too much longer phill. Things with Herne bay and eastkentbmx are progressing. The containers have recently been delivered to the site. Contractors had been delayed starting work due to council redtape, but are due to start working on building the park then track imminently. We have also been advising on a few other local track projects which are looking promising.

Steve, Olly, Roy, Nick and myself have been working over the last year with the council with funding meetings, planning meetings and general local publicity. It's going slow, but getting there.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 07:08 PM »
It's looking like Herne Bay is still on then, that's good for all of us in the East Kent area.

Hopefully the new youth worker at Hersden will aslo be very supportive of the BMX track and it will give us a great opportunity to have two very good yet different tracks in our area.

Keep us updated Russ, as a lot of us don't really spend any time on BMX Talk so don't get to keep up with the latest news.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 01:06 AM »
yup, Justin is indeed the face of east kent bmx
  :wtf:

sorry Russ did i miss you out? that's from my perspective mate and doesn't reflect the views of anyone else.....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:09 AM by Bob_Acid »

russ

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 08:51 PM »
sorry Russ did i miss you out?

Didnt mean that, just meant Justin isn't part of eastkentbmx.

The races were run on behalf of the youth club for the local community. eastkentbmx, being steve, olly, roy, nick and myself gave our support with insurance for events through British cycling, track maintainance through last winter and the run up to the events, photography and publicity.
Unfortunatly no-one has taken on the role of the constant track maintainence since our relationship with the youth club ended.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 09:08 PM by russ »

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 01:55 PM »
I was hoping to try and make it to one or two races during this summer to give Kev a rest from being last ;) ;D

:LolLolLolLol:  :daumenhoch:

well i hope Hersden track gets through this blip and keeps on providing grass roots events
all you guys do a bloody great job down there and i thought the locals loved it too on the most part.
The meets all have a real good turn out, so some thing is working right.

keep us posted on this  :)

was looking fwd to seeing the track poss upgraded this year.

cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  hersden summer series 2006?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx