gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1984 DPfirebird freestyler.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1984 DPfirebird freestyler.  (Read 600 times)

hugh janass

1984 DPfirebird freestyler.
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:05 PM »
Well thought i should show you some pics of my "shed" which i saved from my parents shed, my old man was going to skip it :(

Anyways i've had this bike since x-mas 1984 and i only bought the frame and forks (£75 IIRC) then swapped all the parts over from my silverfox..skyways etc etc.
I did want to get a chrome frame originally but saw the white frames and changed my mind.

It was used everyday in 85 untill i left school,then kinda got put away in the shed untill a year or 2 later when my brother used it, not much though.
After that it was taken apart in the shed and stayed there, various bits have since been lost :'( renthal bars, kasimax seat,dia-compe seat clamp,pair of araya wheels and god knows how many other spare parts too.......most likely binned by my old man !!

Not entirely sure what to do with it,but i'd love to try a resto project on it :)plus i dont think i could part with it as it holds loads of memorys for me when i see it.  I only wish i still had my silverfox,mongoose and burner too as they bring back loads of memorys of 1983/84.......anyways pics..

hugh janass

Re: 1984 DPfirebird freestyler.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 04:06 PM »

hugh janass

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 04:07 PM »

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:13 PM »
Get it done, you won't regret it  :daumenhoch:

I've also just recently finished restoring my original DP which I've had from new since 1984 - it's an amazing feeling to see it back to its former glory  :smitten:

firebird

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 04:33 PM »
wish i still had mine, anyway im making up for it now  :LolLolLolLol:

what frame number does it have?

as Iain said, get it restored   :daumenhoch:

hugh janass

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 04:36 PM »
I think i will tbh :) got it out of my shed a few days back,then i came on here for some motovation !

I'd love to get the frame chromed,then again put it back in white :-\

I think the skyways are pretty much fooked though,they look sort of off white and ingrained with dirt.

I'll get some more pics tomorrow.

hugh janass

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 04:43 PM »
wish i still had mine, anyway im making up for it now  :LolLolLolLol:

what frame number does it have?

as Iain said, get it restored   :daumenhoch:

Hi mate the frame no. is 5844.

was wondering if you lot remember a limited edition type freestyler frame in a bronze/ gold colour.?? Can remember my mate having one of them.

firebird

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 04:50 PM »
the Limited Edition Freestyler is the next on my list. very hard to find though, only ever seen one on ebay and the guy pulled it and has never put it up for sale again.

have you got any pictures of your old dp from back in the day, or of your mates LTD?

cheers steve

hugh janass

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 04:58 PM »
the Limited Edition Freestyler is the next on my list. very hard to find though, only ever seen one on ebay and the guy pulled it and has never put it up for sale again.

have you got any pictures of your old dp from back in the day, or of your mates LTD?

cheers steve

Sorry mate ive got no pics of the limited one :( Ican remember there being a few in our local shop but i think they were a few more££ than the white ones too.
I have 1 that i know of, and i think its down my parents but it was after my brother had resprayed it :-[ :'( but i'll try see if i can dig it up.
I did'nt thnk there would be much interest in the old dp's...i was wrong it seems. :laugh:

Deano

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Yeah man get it done how you remember it (white) im sure your tuffs will bleech up fine. And i can get you some black ACS zmags cheap from my lbs if your going mags.
Or you may wany rims like bitd.

Great project and history = bmx passion  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1984 DPfirebird freestyler.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx