gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 10:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I don't know what's happening to me!?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I don't know what's happening to me!?  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
I don't know what's happening to me!?
« on: May 14, 2009, 03:13 PM »
For the 1st time ever, I'm actually getting this new school bug!  ??? ::) I've just fitted some lovely well made Ody grips to my new school Kuwi Lazerlite and it looks the bollox and the bike rides so fooking well. I never thought i'd say this but I'm really starting to see (with some bikes admittedly) that new school is the way forward, with the new technology put into the bikes, how light they are and how well made they are... arrghhhh, where's my Haro Master quick lol.

Matt  :)

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: I don't know what's happening to me!?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 03:17 PM »
 :) Pics please!

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:25 PM »
your allowed one new school bike..its the law.

my bruv just bought me a floval for my birthday.

its ace... :daumenhoch:

virtualmeuk

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 03:34 PM »
Depends on what u are using it for i guess. I love rding my Firebird freestyler but i only use it for popping to the shops and cruuuuuuuuuzing but i would never use it in a park. My new school is superb in a park but would not use it for cruuuuuzing as its just like all the other new school bikes.

I love them both :daumenhoch: :smitten:

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 09:27 PM »
New school "BLOWS" bigtime!

I'm 42 now.... Back in 2003 I got my old Skyway TA out after 18 years of not riding a bike... after an hour I was pullin the old ground tricks and gettin some nice air at some local dirt jumps.... felt like a step back in time!

2 weeks later after deciding I didn't want to trash the TA as it was bein entered in a show and shine event at Warrington I went out and bought a New School ride.... BIG MISTAKE, HUGE!! Went over to the same dirt jumps and after an hour had a big off and snapped the cruciate ligament in my knee.... = arthroscopy operation, 2 months on crutches, 4 months physio, ACL reconstruction operation, 2 more months on crutches and another 6 months physio.... NUFF SAID, I FOOKIN HATE NEW SCHOOL  :LolLolLolLol:

J

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 09:37 PM »
.... no it doesn't

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 09:43 PM »
yeah it does if your 18 stone and dont want a bendy old school bike under ya  ;D
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 09:46 PM »
that sounds painful - ouch. But it wasnt all the bike's fault. Remember bike design evolves with time, and once upon a time you TA was 'new'. Its just that bikes nowadays are designed and built for the newer type of amazing riding thats going down. If youre happy riding your TA the way you always rode it - then that is fantastic - itd be refreshing to see a bloke on an old TA ripping it up at my local jump spot!

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 09:47 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: at Dordy

... buy a Grifter then fella!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 09:49 PM »
lol how ever i used to ride a grifter the way i did as a kid amazed me when i went to pick the one up i bought the other day.
needed an artic truck to collect it it was that heavy  ;D.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 09:59 PM »
the ole challenger is looking much better bru.
got her back on wheels.just need a crank set and seat/post and im away again  :daumenhoch:.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 10:02 PM »
arthroscopy operation, 2 months on crutches, 4 months physio, ACL reconstruction operation, 2 more months on crutches and another 6 months physio.

Was that all?   Lightweight......  ;D

A bike's a bike - a slam's a slam.  Ride whatever you like, as long as you're riding.  I don't really think it makes a difference meself, Jerry Galley did just fine on a TA for a good while   :4_17_5:

Although personally, I could never go back.  New school all the way for me   :)

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 10:09 PM »
that sounds painful - ouch. But it wasnt all the bike's fault. Remember bike design evolves with time, and once upon a time you TA was 'new'. Its just that bikes nowadays are designed and built for the newer type of amazing riding thats going down. If youre happy riding your TA the way you always rode it - then that is fantastic - itd be refreshing to see a bloke on an old TA ripping it up at my local jump spot!

Sorry for slaggin New School guys.... I've just become bitter and twisted since my off as I haven't ridden since... can't afford another year or so out with an "off" at my age. I'm sure the new bikes are great!

I totally respect the stuff the new school riders pull off these days.... though for me personally, I get a much bigger buzz seeing old school riders doin cross-ups, turndowns, lookbacks and tabletops etc than any of the wild stuff they do these days! It's just a childhood era thing I guess.

BMX for me was always about hookin up with my buddys in school summer holidays and spendin all day at on wasteland etc doin jumps, racing around and stuff. Ya know the thing, anywhere where you could go jumpin... golf courses etc!
I guess that's why I still buzz watchin the bike scene in the ET movie.... nothin over radical... just kids havin a blast!

... jesus, almost got a bit teary then... need to get a grip  :LolLolLolLol:

J

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 10:12 PM »
BMX for me was always about hookin up with my buddys in school summer holidays and spendin all day at on wasteland etc doin jumps, racing around and stuff. Ya know the thing, anywhere where you could go jumpin... golf courses etc!
I guess that's why I still buzz watchin the bike scene in the ET movie.... nothin over radical... just kids havin a blast!

man them was the days  :daumenhoch:
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 07:30 AM »
if you want new tech on an old school bike, ride a retro....   everything is super smooth, doesnt come loose and is, hopefully, strong enough for a fat fuk like me....    :coolsmiley:
and whats more, looks the coolest bike in the park....    :daumenhoch:

R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 07:42 AM »

Sorry for slaggin New School guys.... I've just become bitter and twisted since my off as I haven't ridden since... can't afford another year or so out with an "off" at my age. I'm sure the new bikes are great!

I totally respect the stuff the new school riders pull off these days.... though for me personally, I get a much bigger buzz seeing old school riders doin cross-ups, turndowns, lookbacks and tabletops etc than any of the wild stuff they do these days! It's just a childhood era thing I guess.

J

just out of interest.....what was the 'new school, bike that you bought?

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 02:29 PM »
For the 1st time ever, I'm actually getting this new school bug!  ??? ::) I've just fitted some lovely well made Ody grips to my new school Kuwi Lazerlite and it looks the bollox and the bike rides so fooking well. I never thought i'd say this but I'm really starting to see (with some bikes admittedly) that new school is the way forward, with the new technology put into the bikes, how light they are and how well made they are... arrghhhh, where's my Haro Master quick lol.

Matt  :)

Welcome to 2009  :daumenhoch:

Don't look back and you won't see the dinosaurs chasing ya!  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 02:41 PM »
Matt......for serious riding, NS is the only way my friend  :daumenhoch:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Since "getting back into it" I've collected prob 8 or 9 Old School framesets, bought a ready resto'd Californian,then changed a large part of the bits to my liking, and have a Redline PL20 rider which Ive took around a few tracks for fun... love it.

I won a charity auction early last year for Bubba Harris' actual (well I think it was a spare) Redline Pro XXL 20"  and love it to bits.... may get up the courage to race the thing sometime  :LolLolLolLol:  Although it just seems to ride itself compared to the old school bikes..if that sounds strange.

I love my Old School stuff with a passion....but I'm in awe at New School technology.

scott250

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 04:39 PM »
I've riden for ever, since 83 anyways, haha.  Way I see it BMX is BMX, it was fun back in the 80s + through the 90s and its fun now - who cares what you ride, down to you isnt it?  Personaly though I'd stay clear of old bikes if you going to ride anything good- they would snap far too easy for my liking, haha.  Ive riden loads of bikes over the years and I'd say modern bikes are what you should ride really - it makes sence, riding has progressed and so have the bikes to keep up with it.  I built up an old skyway a few years back for a laugh, but it felt far too short.  Its great look back @ the old school + mid schools - Hutch, Skyways then onto S&M, Standard but you goto to keep up with whats going on with the kids who are pushing it.  I like the look of modern bikes too, dead simple - nice long & low frames with short backends, small gear setups etc all good.

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 06:58 PM »
New Porsches???? What u on about dude???

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 07:19 PM »

J

just out of interest.....what was the 'new school, bike that you bought?

A "GT Thumper"    :idiot2:

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 08:28 PM »
New Porsches???? What u on about dude???

if you cant see the analogy then i'm not going to explain it to you, ???

bottom line is you fell off a bmx bike ffs,

take it like a man and stop trying to apportion blame,

nothing to do with the bike you were riding,

everything to do with the fact that you're a shit rider :LolLolLolLol:

Ahhh.. I see.... dead funny that! NOT!

I wasn't blaming the bike entirely, we all have offs, but clearly stating that the geometry didn't agree with me! That's my opinion and I'm entitled to one just as you are!

Look dude... you don't know me, I don't know you so don't go throwing your weight about making assumptions about how good someone is or isn't... that makes you look stupid!  :Aresehole:

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 09:12 PM »
:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

stupid?

you're  the one who fell off and fooked yourself up :LolLolLolLol:

If the truth be known it's usually the riders that go for the ballsy stuff that have the big offs..... who's the shit rider now!

.... now run along home and get yer "Barbie bike"   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 09:13 PM »
:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

stupid?

you're  the one who fell off and fooked yourself up :LolLolLolLol:

.... and don't forget yer stabilisers   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I don't know what's happening to me!?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx