gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay Impulse buys....shockers??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ebay Impulse buys....shockers??  (Read 948 times)

bigsman

Ebay Impulse buys....shockers??
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Alright all

We all know that its tough to find a bargain on egayuk these days but that doesn't stop me and plenty others (I'm sure ;) )keeping em peeled in the hope that late at night or early in the day we'll be first to stumble across that brand new listing that has one of our elusive wants in it and appears to be being sold by someone who is not into the 'scene' or aware of its potential value. 

I know I've found new listings where I'm only the second viewer (woohoo), scanned the ad, downloaded the pictures and zoomed in on old bingers of bmxs thinking 'is that collection of blurred pixels a tuf neck?'  :2funny: and then hovering over the BIN or bid buttons almost being able feel the hot breath of fellow o/s radsters bearing down on me.  It's a hell of a peer pressure lol and you know you don't want to lose out so....you know what happens next!

Now this scenario doesn't happen often these days but I'm sure it has to a few of you over the years, so my question is this - what 'bargains' have you jumped at thinking you've scored only to find that they're not quite what you expected?  I spose it works the other way as well...what pleasant surprises have ebay impulse buys thrown up over the years?

sweetbeats

Re: Ebay Impulse buys....shockers??
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:33 AM »
£90 BIN FUAN Grips Still in the Bag. :4_17_5:
£700 Scorpion Brakedancer Great Chinese Components and FUAN Grips...my paypal launcher rocked that day.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:09 AM by sweetbeats™ »

bmxbert

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:37 AM »
i bought a early 90s 1.1/8th holmes with near mint super pros , profile cranks, early slams pitchforks a second set of primo wheels came with it. also had tioga compi lll
skinwall fat skinny combo in near mint condition. plus a load of other nice bits to boot.

£200 posted  :daumenhoch:

also just scored 2 seats by selle italia that seem to be worth abot £100 each. i bought them out of instinct as i felt they might be worth something.

£12.50 each. oh and a nos blue aero royal seat i got fo £8 in the same shop a while back.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:57 PM »
Well haven't had any nasty surprises as yet thank god, but I did pick up a very nice complete TRM with original forks about 4 months ago for £125 posted from egay. Now that Phil has done his magic, it looks the bollox  :4_17_5:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:08 PM »
similar thing to bert, i bought a s&m holmes 1/18th aheadset, 401 flights, araya 7x's on kovachi hubs, pitchforks, slam bars, redneck stem etc....
all for £250 off ebay i then sold the flights for £250 and fitted a spare set of profiles i had and then sold the wheels and bought superpros with the cash and hey presto a free bike :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

cherrypicker

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:12 PM »
I bought a raw Beat from USbay for £80, it said - 'if you hit the BIN, i'll throw in some extras'. I was really pissed when I got the letter saying i'd have to pay import duty in order to collect it. Anyways, the Parcelfarce tosser puts this massive box on the counter  :shocked:
I get it home and open it up - there's brand new sealed white Tuffs, nos set MX thou's/cables/tech lll's(in bag), sx peds nos, 84 EZ bars, nos Tuf Neck powergear, Chris King headset and DC hinged clamp. Well happy with that little lot, that was two years ago - never had a bargain since!

bigsman

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 08:15 PM »
I said 'shockers' lads not nicey nice good news stories  :LolLolLolLol:

Just kidding kinda surprised there aint more horrors than good luck stories but I'll give it time I guess.... :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 12:11 PM »
I bought a Pro Lite last year, that in the photos looked like it had DC MX1000's, DC hined clamp, DX pedals.   When it arrived it was all copy stuff and by the time I stripped it, the only useful part was the frame and forks that I sold to get my money back.   The pedals werent DX but cheapo copies, and were even seized into the sugino 1pc that I had to saw in half to remove...   >:( Most of the rest ended up in the bin.  Oh and I thought the bars might be CW's, but were the nastiest copies you ever seen.  Thats what happens when you buy from one crappy photo with description.

Also bought a Rebel Freestyler (the one with the double downtube) for £50 that when I picked it up was obviously badly seized everywhere.  I finally got the stem/headset/crank off after days of trying, but gave up on the seat post as the frame was deforming under the pressure to trying to remove it.  Ended up selling the frame and seatpost for £22 on ebay - I still regret not trying a bit harder.  All the bits I removed were scrap so didnt get anything positive out of it.  :(

mileyboy

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 10:30 PM »
I got my powerlite pro for £10.13-but it was pink!

bmxbert

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 03:30 PM »
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=87855.0

my ebay score for today. black chrome khe beater. £200

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay Impulse buys....shockers??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx