gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 05:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  pure bmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: pure bmx  (Read 18611 times)

eloopnai

pure bmx
« on: May 12, 2009, 09:31 AM »
was chatting at daggers and was told about these bikes they do look awesome also heard shanaze has left redline and is now with them ?

http://www.thepurebicyclecompany.co.uk/pro-xl.html

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: pure bmx
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:41 AM »
Just to clarify, you think they look awesome  :shocked:

I think they look like they are sold in JJB to be honest, I dont doubt the technical brilliance and I imagine that the R&D costs are staggering, but  despite all of that still looks shat.

Verdict...Turd  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:41 AM »
 :) Not seen anything on the Shanaze,Redline or Pure websites??? Frame is an ugly thing! She was deffo on a Pure at the UCI  SX on Saturday...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:09 AM by HEYWOOD BMX »

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:59 AM »

SOme love it some hate it...............seen sexier N/S frames  :-\

http://www.onebicycles.com/

:smitten:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:00 AM by Peter J »
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

eloopnai

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:37 AM »
had a watch of the uci racing and found a photo of shanaze on the pure bike

i dont like marmite yuk  :crazy2:

the frame would look better in a different colour i like the shape of it simular to the intense

telelogic

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 11:37 AM »
I like it, and marmite,

so there >:D

Flying_fox

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 03:37 PM »
As I've said on the subject of Pure frames before, no my cuppa, but no worse (in some cases even better) than quite a few other high end race frames (carbon MBK, Avent and GT's spring to mind).

I have ridden one though and they feel very very stiff and light at the front end.

On the subject of colour I don't think ti paints that well so they only do them in raw, I'm sure Dialled Mike can put me straight on that as he know quite a bit more about that material than I do.

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18 PM »
When I saw one in the flesh at Derby I thought it looked better than it does in the pics.

Colour is natural Ti colour.  Liquid paint doesn't stick that well to Ti, but powder coat does, but raw/polished looks best with Ti as it's harder wearing that paint/powder.

I'm surprised Shanaze has left Redline for Pure but word on the grapevine is that she wants to bring out her own line of bikes so that may be the reason behind it.   At the end of the day, she could beat most of her comp on an off the shelf Halfords Special, so I suppose it doesn't really matter who she rides for.

proclass35

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 10:29 PM »
The last time I saw Shanaze on a 'Redline' was about a month or so ago at Crewe, but it was clearly a Koxx stickered up as a Redline (Koxx are pretty much unmistakable).A week later she turned up at Preston gates on the Pure.

magna13

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 10:36 PM »
The one Shanaze is riding i think is very very nice :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 11:22 PM »
The stickers/graphics improve the looks of the frame a lot.  Designed by Animal, apparently.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 11:28 PM »

SOme love it some hate it...............seen sexier N/S frames  :-\

http://www.onebicycles.com/

:smitten:

Cheers Peter!  Sticker pack in the post  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01 AM »
The stickers/graphics improve the looks of the frame a lot.  Designed by Animal, apparently.

I heard on the quiet that Animal gave them a massive budget and are coming out with  BMX specific clothing, not sure how true that is?

:) DINGO :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 07:34 AM »
i clicked the link and i thought it had taken me to Toys R us site!  horrible looking thing  :crazy2:

teamsano

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 03:53 PM »
i don't see the point to the seat tube?

it puts the seat further forward than where it would normally be.

moomin

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 04:09 PM »
I dont think it looks too bad and from what i've heard they're a nice ride  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 04:54 PM »
 :) Off -topic a bit,but is Pure connected to Koxx,or is this just a fill-in bike?

http://www.k-124.co.uk/product.php?product_id=111&category_id=36

darkersomeday

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 05:05 PM »
pure koxx,

just about sums it up ;)

Firebladeseven

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Some great old articles in here: http://www.bmxbasics.org/index.html and it makes you realise very little is new or needed.

Fancy frame design is as much about selling bikes than anything (not there is owt wrong with that). The product needs to be seen as 'new' and 'fresh' otherwise it's not so desirable.

Boswell has been advocating a decent complete bike as all anyone really needs and I guess that pretty much sums it up. The rest is bling.

That said I have bombshell forks on one of my bikes coz I'm a sucker for nice engineering :idiot2:

I don't like the look of it either, looks like a fatty squashed it.

Edited to add, the whole team concept looks really good and very pro, where are the frames actually made?

Steve
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:02 PM by Firebladeseven »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 09:07 PM »

Moschops

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Pure have no links to koxx at all.

They are an independant frame company based in East Anglia. The frame has been designed by an ex MK club member.

The bent seat tube is the key to the stiffness of the frame. All the engineering stresses were worked on by top proffs at Licester Uni.

They are very nice frames, probably the next best thing to a Dialled.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 10:55 PM »
Dialled look nice as well as perform, infact I was looking fondly at a technique frame at the weekend, these look fookin shite and as stated earlier look like a Reebok at best, if something is so good, make it look good. I am all for new innovations but lets face it,its ugly, infact the Airbourne Ti frame looks good next to that. Simples
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Flying_fox

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 07:42 AM »
.................... I am all for new innovations but lets face it,its ugly, infact the Airbourne Ti frame looks good next to that. Simples

A good point. ;D But at least a Pure isn't going to snap in half in 10 minutes like one of those Airebourne pieces of shite.

I'll still stick to my Standards and S&M's though. :smitten:

proclass35

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 07:50 AM »
One of the guys behind this frame is Rob Vernon- he takes his racing very seriously and he's no chump. I doubt he'd waste his own time and money on something that he thought wasn't going to perform well on the track, and I suspect the initial shape of the frame is a result of 'form follows function' rather than what just looks nice. Comparisons have been drawn with the Intense frames, which are no beauties , but they still win races week in and week out. The fact that Shanaze Reade is willing to test/race what is pretty much a brand-new product is also testament to the efforts made by this small British company. I've no doubt theres a financial incentive as well, but I'm sure she turns down plenty of offers. ( though she'll probably be back on Koxx next week!)
As I've said before, the Pure is not really to my taste either, but variety is the spice of life. If some people on this forum had their way we'd all be riding black S+Ms, donking around over bits of plywood and wearing our sister's jeans.
As my old man says, 'Those that can, do. Those that can't, criticise.'

Flying_fox

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 08:17 AM »
You right about Rob, he's a very successful businessman in his own right too, the bloke does not mess about. Before he got into BMX when his son started racing he was running and sponsoring a top UK MX team. I'm sure he wouldn't waste his time and money on a fad, or some flash in the pan sort of deal.

Most people at the very sharp end of racing couldn't careless what something look like to a point, it's the end result that matters. This bike isn't intended for the likes of me and the Masters head bangers, it's aimed at the Elite market.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  pure bmx

gfxgfx
gfx gfx