gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 05:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Dagenham Regional
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dagenham Regional  (Read 2433 times)

moomin

Dagenham Regional
« on: May 10, 2009, 07:22 PM »
A big well done to Daggerz for yet another fantastic regional race, the track was in excellent condition and the organisation and support was fantastic, a special mention for Sharon, Matt and Martin who really are taking the club from strength to strength  :daumenhoch:

At some point i'll try and upload the final videos, i got most of the A Finals so watch this  (blonde) space  :buck2:

For me the 40-44 Final was a cracker, the line up with Slater, Wilson, Schale, Ranscombe, Stupple, Te Harve et all was awesome, i caught the controversial 1st turn squeeze Keith so stop moaning  :LolLolLolLol: Tony Slater victorious on the day and well deserved  :daumenhoch:

The battle in 25+ Ladies was a bloody cracker, down to the wire and after a few choice words (bad girl Renee  :LolLolLolLol:) Renee finished on top.

Big love to Jade Stupple, Chloe Oaten and Sophie Oliver for brave rides in the girly classes, top 3 for each of them was a good days racing.

And what can i say about the old school boys...........................

AIR

You guys although low in numbers certainly do show what can be achieved by an old bloke on a kids bike, keep it up  :smitten:

Last but by no means least "Go Humps", "Go Humps"  1st in 45 + or was that 1st and last :LolLolLolLol:

All in all a great day, fantastic to catch up with peeps and chew the fat :4_17_5:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Dagenham Regional
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:56 PM »
great day, good to see daggers staging a full house race, shame there was only a hendfull doing all the work, but very well run :daumenhoch:

Racing was great, especially seeing some riders clearing the massive back straight doubles :shocked:

Good to see loads of old mates, and hundreds of new ones :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

kdubbmx

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 10:02 PM »
One of the highlights for me was the 'rat pack' turning up, do it more often!!  :smitten:

Flying_fox

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:59 PM »
40+ was awesome to watch. Slater's gate in the main was killin it, kdub's never day die attitude was an insperation, Billy Stup is still a childhood poster hero of mine and can ride Dagnuts as well as anyone. Matt French's semi ride to line was a real heart stopper. I love every second, turn of the cranks and corner move.

The guy's in 17+ payback jumping the whole of the second straight was soooo good, it's the first time I've seen it done that many times in racing. Were they stepping their game up as Tamblyn and Dan Whyte were in the house?

Masters was as funny was ever, it feels like 86 again every time the gate drops, pure carnage. :smitten:

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 11:01 PM »
Really enjoyed it today.  Happy with the way I rode, if not the results (5th in semi and 8th in B-final after leaning on Nick Preece in the first turn and coming off second best!).  Pretty much a perfect regional.

Good to Ratty and Nikki looking well and happy.  Be even happier when I see them on the track again.

Flying_fox

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 11:06 PM »
Forgot to say, Mike's new shirts rocked, i love red white and black. :4_17_5:

eloopnai

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 06:42 PM »
blimey my eyes must be gettin bad i didnt see the ratpack there

my first race in cruisers and glad to say i didnt come last in the b final  :daumenhoch:
well chuffed with my performance when i done old skool i was a whole straight behind but a lot closer now and behind some very quick lads

my old man was all over the track taking photos and will have them wednesday to put up on here including a transexual rider  :LolLolLolLol:

great weather and racing gotta agree the 3 old skoolers were getin air even one handers waving to the crowd
good to see magoo doing really well considering his injury , come to the dark side with us when your knees beter m8 :daumenhoch:

all in all a fantastic days racing well done everyone at daggers for putting it on  :4_17_5:

kdubbmx

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Anyone notice the big bird in 3rd in the 25+ ladies final, she had massive hands and feet!!!  :shocked:

Pretty quick too  :knuppel2:

Anyone know her name????  :2funny:

spillers#1

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41 PM »
I think it was a transvestite called humps  :LolLolLolLol:

And big well done to eloopnai on his first 30-39 cruiser race  :daumenhoch: nice one ian.

And at the grand ole age of 39 JP MULISHA finally lost his racing cherry and jumped straight into the 30-39 cruisers at daggers regional(never ever raced back in the 80's like me) and was shtting himself all morning leading up to his first moto  :D but after the first moto was strutting around looking pleased with himself  :D  all that piss taking and pressure from humps/dialled mike/wolfy/ and me finally got through to him.  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm currently sitting here with my right hand looking like a blown up rubber glove(fckin killing me)  :(

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Yes Lee, we wore JP down eventually and got him to race.  That's another one converted/addicted to racing.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 06:45 AM »
I think it was a transvestite called humps

Oi fellas I had to join the BMX chicks because I was in a class of my own and those nasty 40+ers had moto'd me.  So, I had a choice, be thrashed by the tail-enders in 30-39 and make them look good, or roll around with the Ladies and stand a chance of beating one or two of them - and suffer the comments on Facebook from them!!  :angel: You know what they say about a bloke with big hands  :D  I think I'll put on the s & s's next meeting and register with them.  ;) Humps

thecrooch

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Was a cracker alright - the sun shone, the dust picked up and out of it came a 55 year old man wearing a dress.

We will have the gate sorted by this time next year i hope....  if the olympic lot dont give us what we want its going to be dig deep time cos the ol' girl is looking a bit wobbly!   

And no body wants to see Bernie going over the bars again like that.  Fookin scary.

oh big up to lil' Parker as well - he is really starting to rip it up in the 14yrs olds.

oh and excellent fairy cakes for the helpers from Sharon!

mr.magoo

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 03:43 PM »
was a great day, and brought back some BMX love to my life, nice to be able to push a bit harder than i could at Peckham.....Thanks for the comments Ian, Intense cruiser is waiting for a b/b and might make a debut at Hersden on Sunday.....if i hadn't had the injury last september then i would be on the darkside already, but have trouble riding the cruiser with current matchstick leg, and bionic knee...lol

looking forward to being able to give 100%, when ever that might be, but still got major muscle wastage to contend with.

well done to BAD, great day,shame about the sunburn :LolLolLolLol:

KGB Matt

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 04:32 PM »
You should have borrowed some of Tony Knott's sun cream to rub into your bonce..... I did.  :daumenhoch:

Matt

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 05:31 PM »
and out of it came a 55 year old man wearing a dress

I'm not going to live it down am I  ;)  But 55 !!  I wish.  A long time since I saw 55 Simon.   :( But while I can ride, I'll race.  Well, make you guys look good and set a benchmark for everyone to beat me.   :LolLolLolLol: Did my yellow Cornwall BMX Club shirt look that big on me that you thought it was a dress??  Mmmmmm maybe best not wear it too often.  Humps

Flying_fox

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 10:19 AM »
Just in case anyone missed this link posted on bmxtalk.com here is a video from the Dagenham race by one of the Brixton Dads. :daumenhoch:

jazzyje

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 07:51 PM »
Was a cracker alright - the sun shone, the dust picked up and out of it came a 55 year old man wearing a dress.

We will have the gate sorted by this time next year i hope....  if the olympic lot dont give us what we want its going to be dig deep time cos the ol' girl is looking a bit wobbly!  

And no body wants to see Bernie going over the bars again like that.  Fookin scary.

oh big up to lil' Parker as well - he is really starting to rip it up in the 14yrs olds.

oh and excellent fairy cakes for the helpers from Sharon!

the problem with the gate might only be a seal or something.has phil townsend had a look at it?it cant be that much,theres not much to them when you think about it.not that i understand such things.

KGB Matt

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 06:38 AM »
It's not just the ram Justin ... the gate is in need of lots of welding.

We are hoping to get a bensink gate but will have to wait and see what happens.

Matt

Flying_fox

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 09:18 AM »
It's not just the ram Justin ... the gate is in need of lots of welding.

We are hoping to get a bensink gate but will have to wait and see what happens.

Matt

Jim Lacey (lewis's Dad) makes a good gate too.

I did notice that the gate had more flex on the lane 1-4 side than 5-8.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Dagenham Regional

gfxgfx
gfx gfx