gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 03:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Mystery Punctures
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mystery Punctures  (Read 714 times)

lodge

Mystery Punctures
« on: May 03, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Driving home after riding today with the bike on the back seat and psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh front puncture for no reason.
This is the third time in approx a year this has happened to me, not slow punctures but fully flat in seconds and on front and rear tyres.
It always happens just after riding.
Rim tapes etc are good and nothing in tyres.
Anybody else get this or know why it happens?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Mystery Punctures
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 04:46 PM »
ive had flaking chrome puncture my tyre a few times

lodge

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 05:04 PM »
ive had flaking chrome puncture my tyre a few times

Yeah had that before, I used to run Sun Rhino chrome rims you could almost blow the chrome off them :-[       the rims I have now are anno.

moley

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 05:07 PM »
I've had 2 go on new tubes!!

Sat watching the TV with a nearly built bike on a stand and whoooooosh.

Both tubes were bought at Hartlepool last year from a geezer selling stuff out the back of his van!!

Tubes were pumped to around 45-50psi

When I inspected them, one had an area of extremely thin tubing and it just gave out. Twas so thin it was nearly transparent.  and the other the valve just gave out!!

Shite quality!!!  :(

lodge

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 05:48 PM »
Yeah I think it may be down to tube quality as I'm running prolite featherlite tubes and they are so thin.
I'm starting to think they may be a racing tube. I'm gonna stock up on Wilko's tubes as I had no bother with em at 1.99 each >:D

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Dude

Check the join on the inside of the rim, Liam had the same problem, the rim tape didnt cover it properly, bit of insulation tape fixed it...  :daumenhoch:

teamsano

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 09:38 PM »
i've had strange punctures from spokes puncturing the rim tape, and also the tube 'cracking' when i ran two tyres.

welsh denny

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 08:08 PM »
i remember having one set of super pro's bitd that blew 4 tubes in a fortnight just riding down the street. each time i couldn't find anything. rim tape fine. valve fine. chrome fine. phantom air methinks. (or dodgy tubes.) seriously those featherlite tubes are crap. i know too many people who blown em up easily so they went back to regular tubes.

Ged

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 08:20 PM »
i had 2 punctures in 2 days only 2 weeks ago ...input loads off tape on the inside off the wheel rim than the rubber insert thing

no problems so far :tickedoff:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Mystery Punctures

gfxgfx
gfx gfx