gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 02:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay result...in the end
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ebay result...in the end  (Read 567 times)

dannywhiteley

Ebay result...in the end
« on: May 04, 2009, 01:35 PM »
Scored what was described as a NOS white DC MX hinged clamp off ebay recently. When it arrived it was chipped and scuffed, so contacted the seller () who was an absolute cock-a-doodle-do and said it was NOS...when he bought it.  Anyway, got nowhere with him with regards a refund, saying it was an accurate description...bollocks.

Anyway, contacted ebay, who after trying to explain what I had bought, and why the scuffs were so important, gave me a full paypal refund (seller isnt affected, but I got my monet back...and keep the clamp). :D

So my free clamp is now stripped, polished and on my Rebel... :D  and looking 'mint' ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 01:37 PM by dannywhiteley »

tigerbrown

Re: Ebay result...in the end
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:44 PM »

Result :daumenhoch:

NOS when they bought it??? :wtf:

munners

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:45 PM »
There was a huge debate over on the museum about NOS stuff recently.

Always comes up.

NOS stuff can be scratched and chipped. (aka shelf wear).

This must be pointed out in the listing though.

Was it?

dannywhiteley

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:54 PM »
This is the auction description... 

"HERE WE HAVE A NEW DIA COMPE MX HINGED SEAT CLAMP. THIS IS NEW IN PACKET IN WHITE. THIS FITS ALL OLD SKOOL BIKES/FRAMES. PLEASE NOT THAT IT HAS A SLIGHT MARK ON IT WHICH THE PICTURE DOES NOT SHOW BUT APART FROM THAT A1."

Didnt state it was NOS, that was my assumption based on 'a new dia compe mx hinged', new in packet' and apart from that A1'.

From the description I think it was fair to expect a NOS (i.e. sealed in packet with tiny storage chips perhaps', but not scuffed and scratched, including a tip ex toucg up on one chip.

Buyers id was lktoday2007, id recommend you avoid.  I left him negative feedback aswell.

Juju

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 09:23 PM »
I bought some DC cable clips from this person, they were fine, posted quickly and not overcharged on postage either.

Just adding for balance.

aditup 2234

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 09:28 PM »
I would never trust anyone who was daft enough to have a username, based on some ugly scottish bints, daytime tv show!
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 11:36 PM »
I would never trust anyone who was daft enough to have a username, based on some ugly scottish bints, daytime tv show!
 :LolLolLolLol:

Classic  :LolLolLolLol:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay result...in the end

gfxgfx
gfx gfx