gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 08:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Airing on a quarter advice...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Airing on a quarter advice...  (Read 1172 times)

Bushwacked

Airing on a quarter advice...
« on: May 01, 2009, 08:25 PM »
So how hard is it to go from turning on the coping to turning above the coping?

I'm getting used to turning on the coping on a 6ft half pipe and I feel like I'm almost there and the speed is there (as I'm scrubing some off) but mentally I'm just stopping myself from crossing the line if you know what I mean.

Any advice appreciated.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Airing on a quarter advice...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:28 PM »
stop looking at the coping look higher.

Bushwacked

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:38 PM »
I just feel like if I go above the coping I just won't turn.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 01:50 AM »
 i know what you mean.  I've been struggling with this for ever. My brain makes me turn we soon as the front wheel gets at the coping. i have on occasion concentrated very very hard to allow the front wheel to go over the coping and it feels like i get about 5 ft high- when really its about 6 inches.
i just can't stop it.

I used to "air" a 6ft quarter, but now I prefer the 9-10 footer at the skatepark which has a lot more vert. It doesn't really matter what the ramp is, i always turn when the front wheel hits the top.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Voodoocars

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Do what all the kids say - 'just go faster and commit...' ???  'Tis true, sort of, you need to roll the front wheel off the coping.Try not to 'bunnyhop' as you may under or over rotate. Do it a bit at a time. It actually gets a bit easier as you get more height from the coping. If yu are ever at creation Barn' I'll point you in the right direction.

Bushwacked

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 01:59 PM »
Been out of the game, but thinking a few seshs down Creation are needed.

Voodoocars

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 04:04 PM »
Place has been altered recently and there are new lines to go around and new 1/4's so its a bit interesting :daumenhoch:.There is now a new shallow hip  6' high which is nice...

Bushwacked

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Interesting. I'll have to pay a visit up there.

Can you give a run down on the changes? Last time I was up there was the novice night and they'd just moved the big quarter closer to the mini/bowl thing.

Voodoocars

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 07:33 AM »
Well, where the 1/4 is with the roll in (to jump box) there is another 1/4 at an angle that makes the hip :daumenhoch:.Then next to that is another 1/4 at an opposite angle so there is a reverse hip (if you see what I mean).Sounds odd but its ok. The lower volcano has been put between the jump box landing and the rear vert wall.At first I thought :shocked: who the fcuk thought of that but its ok and sort of makes you go over the volcano (you can go round).Dont know whats being planned for the centre area cause ramps are here and there. I just wish they would get rid of the stupid little boxes and rails that the skaters drag around and do 'kick flips' on - you know, stuff they could do outside.. :idiot2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Airing on a quarter advice...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx