gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 06:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  inter regionals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: inter regionals  (Read 1241 times)

tony williams

inter regionals
« on: April 29, 2009, 09:46 PM »
is this true ???
to race at the brits u must do 5 regionals do inter regionals count i race EA and want to do hayes inter regional  (away leg) will this count as one of my 5 or not
cheers guys tony

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: inter regionals
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:51 PM »
I think it does.

What does BCF or your region say?

tony williams

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05 PM »
looks like ill haveto e mail BCF  to find out just going to find it hard to fit one in as well work

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Yeah - if you miss any there aint much slack

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:28 PM »
EA only count their home inter-regionals as a qualifing race, the away leg doesn`t count  ::)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:33 PM »
Tony, what Bill says is correct.  For some reason, EA don't count "away" inter-regionals.

Come and race in the mighty South instead  :daumenhoch:

AL

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 11:58 PM »
For some reason, EA don't count "away" inter-regionals.

Why ??

Looking forward to  MK + Hayes  Inter regionals ,  does that mean that  EA riders are not going to bother ??

Can some one from EA Explain the logic behind that ?

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 06:45 AM »
Not sure I know the official reason for the EA decision but the problem with inter-regionals has always been the problem of rider-classes incompatability.  In the south the classes are a mirror of those used at Nationals and hence the Brits.  Classes have to be merged and then the results split out by the computer system which is easy enough if the classes are the same but, for example, in the South West they run a cruiser class of 25-39 rather than the usual 30-39.  Try splitting the combined results of that out as there's already the prospect of two regional #1's going into the Brits out of that class when the season ends; my boys are running 16-24 but a successful 27 year old in the other group could presumably want a regional #1 plate at the Brits in 16-29 if he has more points than my boys at the end of the series.

When all regions run identical race classes then inter-regionals can be achieved without problems,  They really are excellent events and the nearest some people get to a National if they aren't doing the National series.  Humps

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Agree with you there, Alan.  Inters are always good and feel like nationals without the red tape/bureaucracy.  Mind you, the Derby national was probably the most laid back national I've been too (those in Block 2 might not agree though).

MK inter has always been my fave inter race (plus I won the B-final there last season  :shocked:).

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 02:13 PM »
Agree with you there, Alan.  Inters are always good and feel like nationals without the red tape/bureaucracy.  Mind you, the Derby national was probably the most laid back national I've been too (those in Block 2 might not agree though).

MK inter has always been my fave inter race (plus I won the B-final there last season  :shocked:).

Im looking forward to MK regional as well...  just a lovely track.. looking forward to how a NS bike fares on it now as well... only ridden OS round it... 

and of course daggers in two weeks time....

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Dunno if any work has been done on MK since last year.  If anything, I hope the jumps are a bit bigger.

tony williams

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 07:51 PM »
thats a shit had hayes as one of my five so may give it a miss shame was looking forward to racing all the old region 11 boys from back in the day going to have to have a look to see if i can swap my work  rota again .
looks like the return to the mother region will have to wait my race south next year mike as there is more rides to race
cheers guys

Moschops

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 10:27 PM »
I remember the good old days when the inter regional was just that a 2 race challenge. It never used to be part of a series.

These races will always have a good turn out as regional pride is at stake.

EA has more regional races than any other region so in this time of ecenomic down turn, it took an exective deccission to make only the races that were in EA count for your EA Brits place.

It has proved to be a contensious dessision and may well be reversed.

I for one have not travelled as much so far this year due to my unwillingness to finance the petrolium industry.

PS Mike, MK track is still the same as we are not allowed to change it ::) however the new track scheme plods on :daumenhoch:

Moschops

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Those of you that don't fit 5 in can no longer ask your club or regional committiee for dispensation.

you now have to ask the BMX Commission at BCF for dispensation. The sooner you make your case the better.

The Spanish inquisition will seem like tea in the park :tickedoff:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  inter regionals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx