gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 12:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  i just keep kicking over rocks to find these hoffman diamonds
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: i just keep kicking over rocks to find these hoffman diamonds  (Read 1728 times)

condor96

my newest. 94 condor and patriot bars  :smitten: put my early super forks with it. low serial number C40008. hoffmans first in house welder paul murray still has his condor,its serial is C40005 and there were 7 people at hoffman at the time, so take a guess on this one.

enjoy  :D  :daumenhoch:

woody allen bars

Re: i just keep kicking over rocks to find these hoffman diamonds
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Fantastic  :daumenhoch: Are you going to leave it like that, looks like a great survivor?

~ Craig

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 10:58 AM »
super sweet find that mate , keep it as is she rocks  .

bmxbert

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 11:09 AM »
oh how i long for the day i get find like that.... :smitten:

id love an early condor. both mine are 96 and 97.

i mutch prefer the ones before the large gusset up front

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 11:30 PM »
nice :smitten: i don't know how you do it but if you happen to come across some early forks give me a shout ;)

bmxbert

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 11:34 PM »
set went on the museum yesterday with stem...120 bucks.

not much good to you now i guess but they do come up every so often at least :daumenhoch:

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:36 PM »
damn! i never think to look on there :LolLolLolLol:

bmxbert

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41 PM »
it was the same seller as sold me the new condor. lol we could have even shared shipping fees :2funny:

if i see another set come up i'll let you know asap

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 11:43 PM »
nice one that's very good of you,cheers mate :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 12:20 AM »
Cool, that's got to stay in the condition. :daumenhoch:

...and those T shirts :shocked:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

condor96

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 06:00 AM »
thanks guys  :)  :daumenhoch: i dont know how i do it lol. im just...... relentless with my search............or maybe just mad crazy  :uglystupid2:  :LolLolLolLol:
this one is gonna get painted,the og paint on the frame is not even close to being in good shape,and some grind marks on the chainstay. the bars were spray painted over the og blue, and the blue paint is very chipped. plus im a painter so i cant be having that lol. besides i already have an extremly nice  surviver with beautiful original paint......

the love handles are coming off it and going on the other one after i paint it and the patriot bars im gonna paint black and put on this rear peg mount one.

and ive already started striping it,carefully taken the random small hoffman decals so i can get em scanned. check out the nice welds and the beatifully machined head tube  :smitten:

i painted a intake the other day a prismatic color shifting paint. ive always wanted to do a bike in that color,and the color was devoloped and released about the same time as the bike,perfect era correct custom paint :daumenhoch: my hoffman shirt in the middle inspied me,perfect colors to get the condor decals done up and it would match the shirt,the sweetest color combo(they made so many color combos) ive ever seen in the h flame shirts  :smitten: (always looking for early hoffman softgoods,there are quite a few im looking for)
i think itll look sweet  :coolsmiley:  :coolsmiley:

and just for the hell of it,my bomber shirt with my bomber stem for another build

condor96

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 06:17 AM »
nice :smitten: i don't know how you do it but if you happen to come across some early forks give me a shout ;)

i dont know either lol,its like im destined to or something,they get drawn to me because they know they will be worshipped by me  :LolLolLolLol:

what early forks you looking for for your 92? original 92 ones? or maybe super forks? 70 degree head tube and 92 forks are.......scary to me lol, thats if you plan on riding it at all. super forks to the rescue!  also a bit easier to find. ill be on the lookout for you buddy :daumenhoch:

oh and got a question for you,this is a pic of a condor you had right?

do you remember if the head tube gusset was  further up the head tube or if it was down on the bottom? and did it have a serial number??

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 08:28 AM »
the forks are for my 92 so original would be nice if they exist? it's only for show as i never trusted those forks much :LolLolLolLol:
that condor in the pic was mine around 94 i think? i'm sure the gusset was the same as the 92? i'll see if i've got any more pics to remind me.one memory i have got is ripping the headtube off completely on a flip fakie at radlands yet the superforks (1st gen) didn't even bend! :LolLolLolLol:

condor96

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 09:32 AM »
92 forks would be a very tall order,havent seen any come up. i think 99 percent of them got bent horribly or broke  :LolLolLolLol:

sucks bout snapping off a head tube, a early condor gone  :'(
was just wondering how the head tube gusset was set up,there are 4 small varations of this gen of early ramp room condor from spring of 94-late spring 95.
these two of mine have a few diffs,the ht gusset,the rear peg mounts and two cable guides on one.

ive been doing a bunch of research of this era of them,finding out which came first,dates when changed,stuff along those lines etc
hit the mother load recently, ive been talking with paul murray,hoffmans first in house welder so im starting to get a bunch of info pouring in.
here is a reply from him about what i was asking him,(about the early ramp room 94 condors)

"Wow... yeah, this is not what I expected, but this is good.

I'll have to do some research of my own to give you a good answer...

I moved out to Mat's in may have 1994. He did not have welding machines at his shop yet. S E Racing was producing all of his bikes prior to that, oh wait... there might have been some local welding guys, that they knew, doing some work for them before I got there.

After I ordered a machine, and built a table, and kinda got things to where I could weld, I don't think we were producing bikes yet. I think I welded bars and forks mostly at first.

Gack had designed that one inch headset, clamp on style stem, and was finally getting steerer tubes back from machinists, and we started producing those together after he made a fixture that was obviously crooked. He got really mad at me, but I fixed the fixture after making one pair and SEEING that he had blown it. ha ha ha Did I mention he got mad at me? ...yeah, we butted heads a lot back then.

I remember welding Big Daddy's and Condors. I don't remember ever puting bosses on the rear drop outs for pegs... but that doesn't mean I didn't do it.

I own one of the early models, but I'll have to go to my dads and hope that it is intact. I also should have a pic of it around here somewhere.

There was a BS comp at OKC while I worked there... I was still riding a Mongoose Hooligan, and I broke it during my first run. After welding it together, a few minutes later, I went out and took my next run.... that was fun.

After that, they thought it ,might be a good idea to get me on a Hoffman, Mine had some sort of blem...

Somewhere along those lines they hired a kid named Shane Kinsley from Vermont. Shane and I were pretty tight, even though he was hired without my knowledge, and I was the so-called "welding manager... making about six bucks an hour. ha ha ha

The HB guys figured out that they could get away without paying overtime if they called you a manager and put you on salary. ...one more cool thing about working there...

I kept pretty current journals, or diaries, or whatever you want to call them back then. I may be able to get some info from that.

My head is killing me, I've been sick all day. I need to go lay down. I'll get back to you with more soon."

-paul "

so i got much more info to follow  ;)  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:41 AM by condor96 »

condor96

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 08:49 PM »
hey egg, i took a close look at the pic of your old one, gusset looks to be in the same place and same version of the one i just got. love to see more pics if you got em.
maybe they were in this same little bundle together lol....

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 09:08 PM »
hey adam,sorry but i haven't got any more pics of the condor.according to a friend of mine who i gave it to the frame might still be kicking around!? after i snapped it i had the headtube welded back on and repaired with a standard type box gusset as there were no other condors in the country.the guy i gave it to thinks it might still be at his parents,if i can track it down i'll post up some pics :daumenhoch:
just dug these out for you to look at ;)

condor96

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 10:10 PM »
 :shocked:  :coolsmiley:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten: you are killing me ......

the cross shirt and that condor shirt  :smitten:  :smitten: the hotness!  been searching for years for one of those, still have never found one....

condor96

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 09:51 AM »
did i mention  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  i just keep kicking over rocks to find these hoffman diamonds

gfxgfx
gfx gfx